Wisconsin recall is high-stakes bet f...

Wisconsin recall is high-stakes bet for unions

There are 920 comments on the Daily Journal story from Apr 11, 2012, titled Wisconsin recall is high-stakes bet for unions. In it, Daily Journal reports that:

MADISON, Wis. - Unions are facing a make-or-break moment in their campaign to drive Wisconsin's Republican governor from office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Journal.

Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#847 Jun 13, 2012
Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the victims of Bain Capital Venture how happy they are.
Yes, I think we should end all unions as soon as Romney is elected.
I cannot wait to see the entire transportation system collapse.
Get those union teamsters off the highways now! "Trucks - we don't need no stinkin trucks"
Close the auto plants that have unions. Get those commie, union workers in the street asap. In fact, since the unions are so bad, make them illegal, Add to the War on Drugs a WAR ON UNIONS.
Imprison anyone that dares, or has the sheer audacity, to join a union. That should make you conservatives have a wet dream of gigantic proportions.
Buy your own protection, it is the conservative American way.
NO LIBERAL HANDOUTS - Sink or swim.
Select 'D' to move forward 'R' to move backward.
There isnt any need for teamsters union drivers. Most of the union companys are gone or changed spots. Campbell 66 humping to please long gone . Consolidated and freightway are gone but now they are combined to become Conway frieght. Mclean is gone. yellow is reduced. Road way reduced. trailer trains have reduced the long haul trucks greatly. But this election was about public sector unions who where robbing the Tax paying citizens. They where blackmailing & bankrupting the state.
The House painter

Cazenovia, WI

#848 Jun 14, 2012
Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
A sharp tongue is no indication of a keen mind.
Keep talking. I always yawn when I'm interested.
I've never been in any union.
Don't give a rats patoot about the upcoming election.
You are OWNED. The government is OWNED. You have NO choice only pre-selected puppets dancing on the strings of corportaions and the wealthy.
Obama Romney = Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum
c.
The damage wrought by 30+ years of deregulation will take a generation to correct.
Countdown to exit USA for our new home in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
T-minus 9 days. WHOOPIE!
-
Quote''Regardless of whom is elected, little will change.
Quote''Regardless of whom is elected, little will change.
How wrong you are, mittens and the Republicans are going to raise the Retirement age to 70. And screw the seniors out of medicaid
France retires there workers as early as age 60. Full healthcare benifits.
I dont know about you, but I being just a stupid painter all my life I want to retire at age 62 and the republicans want to take that away from me.
Obskeptic

United States

#849 Jun 14, 2012
The House painter wrote:
<quoted text>Quote''Regardless of whom is elected, little will change.
How wrong you are, mittens and the Republicans are going to raise the Retirement age to 70. And screw the seniors out of medicaid
France retires there workers as early as age 60. Full healthcare benifits.
I dont know about you, but I being just a stupid painter all my life I want to retire at age 62 and the republicans want to take that away from me.
Are you sure your not "spurty" from Washington State? What I want is for all Americans that do retire, to retire on the money that they earned and saved ONLY! If your pile of retirement money runs out in six years, then your done. I never intend to retire as long as I can work because I like it! At what age does a person that spent a career being a whiny, complaining little bitch, living off money others made, that hides behind a group of bullies, and sits in front of a computer hurling insults at people they disagree with retire?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#850 Jun 14, 2012
The House painter wrote:
<quoted text>Quote''Regardless of whom is elected, little will change.
How wrong you are, mittens and the Republicans are going to raise the Retirement age to 70. And screw the seniors out of medicaid
France retires there workers as early as age 60. Full healthcare benifits.
I dont know about you, but I being just a stupid painter all my life I want to retire at age 62 and the republicans want to take that away from me.
oh my, who is your source for this bs? Your crystal ball is as foggy as Obama's teleprompter.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#851 Jun 14, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>There isnt any need for teamsters union drivers. Most of the union companys are gone or changed spots. Campbell 66 humping to please long gone . Consolidated and freightway are gone but now they are combined to become Conway frieght. Mclean is gone. yellow is reduced. Road way reduced. trailer trains have reduced the long haul trucks greatly. But this election was about public sector unions who where robbing the Tax paying citizens. They where blackmailing & bankrupting the state.
Unions are just another way to Organize voting blocks and garner favors to bring the votes to the table. Really just another form of ACORN.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#852 Jun 14, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Unions are just another way to Organize voting blocks and garner favors to bring the votes to the table. Really just another form of ACORN.
Jealous because the cons are so disorganized and had to invite the teabaggers so it would appear they have their own ground game?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#853 Jun 14, 2012
Missouri Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill’s three leading Republican challengers all now earn 50% or more of the vote in matchups with her.
• Wisconsin: Romney 47%, Obama 44%
• Generic Congressional Ballot: Republicans 45%, Democrats 39%
• 50% Trust Republicans More on Economy
• Voters Think Obama, Dems More Likely To Raise Taxes, Spending Than Romney
• Missouri: Romney 49%, Obama 46%
• Wisconsin Senate: Thompson (R) 52%, Baldwin (D) 36%

Four years ago, after wrapping up the Democratic nomination, Obama led John McCain every single day during the month of June. His average lead was five percentage points. Obama eventually won by seven points. In the first 14 days of June for Election 2012, Romney has held the lead 11 times, the candidates have been tied twice, and Obama has been on top once.
conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#855 Jun 14, 2012
Though Bush has been out of office for nearly three and a half years, 68 percent blame him a “great deal” or “moderate amount” for the nation’s economic woes, according to a Gallup poll released Thursday. Meanwhile, 52 percent of Americans believe the same about Obama.

Bad news for baggers.
Supercalafradgel istic

Valley, AL

#856 Jun 14, 2012
Upset OccuTard wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous because the cons are so disorganized and had to invite the teabaggers so it would appear they have their own ground game?
It would appear that the left is pretty disorganized from watching the way the bussed in union astroturf and the OccuTards behaved in Wisconsin.

Jealous at a union loss are we?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#857 Jun 14, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
Though Bush has been out of office for nearly three and a half years, 68 percent blame him a “great deal” or “moderate amount” for the nation’s economic woes, according to a Gallup poll released Thursday. Meanwhile, 52 percent of Americans believe the same about Obama.
Bad news for baggers.
Americans Still Blame Bush More Than Obama for Bad Economy

About half of Republicans blame Bush

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155177/Americans-B...
conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#858 Jun 14, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans Still Blame Bush More Than Obama for Bad Economy
About half of Republicans blame Bush
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155177/Americans-B...
The other 50% of the cons are fux news liars club members and rush dickless sword swallowers.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#859 Jun 14, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans Still Blame Bush More Than Obama for Bad Economy
About half of Republicans blame Bush
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155177/Americans-B...
The only problem with Gallups polls right now is that they random call anybody, where as Rasmussen is calling LIKELY VOTERS. Read their explanations of how they arrive at their numbers. It's skewed.
Epicurus

Ocala, FL

#861 Jun 14, 2012
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! Good luck with that. You getting into the weed business there?
Nah, we love the place and are very, very tired of America and its politics. Have extgended family there.

Exit USA Countdown to our new home in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
T-minus 8 days. WHOOPIE!
Ex- El Paso resident

Las Cruces, NM

#862 Jun 14, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans Still Blame Bush More Than Obama for Bad Economy
About half of Republicans blame Bush
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155177/Americans-B...
I blame both but if Bush was bad on bad economy then Obama is Bush on steriods.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#863 Jun 14, 2012
Ex- El Paso resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame both but if Bush was bad on bad economy then Obama is Bush on steriods.
I would blamed both too but had it not been for Mitch McConnell's Comment at the Hertiage Foundation and their top prioirity to me Mitch McConnell would take the country down the tube just for Political Ideaology of today's Republican Party instead of whats best the citizens & the country.

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President

Ex- El Paso resident

Las Cruces, NM

#865 Jun 14, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I would blamed both too but had it not been for Mitch McConnell's Comment at the Hertiage Foundation and their top prioirity to me Mitch McConnell would take the country down the tube just for Political Ideaology of today's Republican Party instead of whats best the citizens & the country.
Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =W-A09a_gHJcXX
Both parties fight this battle.

I remember the Democratic President, Democratic House and Democratic Senate telling many Republicans to "sit down and shut up" during the votes on healthcare with many representatives and senators gettting their sweet heart deals in back rooms to vote for it (Nebraska comes to mind).

You also need to look at how many bills have come out of the house to the senate and Harry Ried is sitting on them. If he does not like them, re-write them, vote on them and send them back to the house then Harry can bitch. Until then he, as well as McConnel, are part of the problem and not the solution.

The correct position is somewhere in the middle. It is something none of the folks on capital hill have figured out.

The other correct position is what is sustainable. Would like the see the USA around in another 100 years.

You cannot put every family in America in debt to the tune of $133K for nation debt (at this point and rising fast) and have a country that survives. It is simple math. Greece is learning that low taxes and high spending are the road to ruin. The rest of the souther European countries are not far behind Greece.

Tax everyone (rich pay their fair share (no more 19% for multimillionaires - more like 33%) but also tax the 49% of the population now paying nothing in income tax even if it is only 5%). Companies that do not pay Federal tax cannot have ANY TYPE OF FEDERAL CONTRACT PERIOD (boy GE would sure be screwed on that). Get rid of subsidies and all the tax loop holes. Problem is two fold. Too many favors for the rich folks and large companies and no skin in the game for those that only take from the system.

I am for a level playing field for all with an equal opportunity to advance (you have the right to pursue happiness but it is not promiss by the government that you will have it. Only the right to pursue it on your own) and not wealth redistribution to those that do not want to get off their A**.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#868 Jun 14, 2012
The Roots of Stalin in the Tea Party Movement | Economy | AlterNet
Apr 17, 2010 ... In 1932, a Winkler–Koch unit commenced operations in Yaroslavl. At the time, the
Soviet Union's oil industry was a total mess. Equipment built ...

http://www.alternet.org/economy/146504/the_ro... - 117k -
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#869 Jun 14, 2012


Is ACT 10 working? Lets hear from some sheriff's depts.
http://www.wisconsinreporter.com/wi-sheriffs-...

Seems they like the saving provided to their departments, if fact some of them will add JOBS!
rider

Gwinn, MI

#870 Jun 14, 2012
Obama took out Bin Laden but Cheney took out DC Madam---------- Florida police made public two notes handwritten by Deborah Jeane Palfrey this weekend, touching off debate on whether her hanging was in fact suicide or staged to look so. At least one reporter is claiming the DC Madam mentioned she'd kill herself before returning to prison, but another interviewer has aired recent audio of Palfrey warning that if she was found dead, it would be murder.

Initial reports of Palfrey's death conclusively ruled it a suicide, a bit hasty considering the magnitude of the sensitive secrets she held. I first heard the news on an NPR broadcast Thursday afternoon which included an official's soundbyte on how relatives are victimized in suicides, a strange generalization that pointed blame at Palfrey for hurting her own mother before any other details of the case were released. This statement was attached to the breaking news by an "imbedded pundit", only raising suspicion of media manipulation in the earliest going.

Any intelligent debate is impossible with this lack of detail available so far. We're told the letters were penned a few days before her body was discovered hanged in her mother's shed, left on a nearby motel stand, though we don't know when investigators first saw them. Police say relatives confirmed her handwriting, but we know virtually nothing about their opinion on the letters, her physical condition or other clues. We are not told whether the shed or hotel room was forensically examined. Her autopsy was conducted quietly and quickly, though a final report is due this week after toxicology results come in.

Palfrey's note used a number of clichéd expressions, strangely including "modern day lynching", referring to the extremely selective enforcement that found her guilty in federal court and a darkly ironic reference to her impending manner of death.

In the note to her sister, she writes "With complete certainty, I believe Dad is standing watch - prepared to guide me into the light". Only a close relation would know if this echoed her true feelings and beliefs, or if the statement was coded to signal a forced hand.

Among Palfrey's known clients were current Louisiana Senator Vitter, former AIDS Czar Randall Tobias, Dick Morris and military-industrial wonk Harlan Ullman, but Dick Cheney's McLean, VA phone number, reported earlier was summarily un-reported after a turnaround by ABC News.
Epicurus

Ocala, FL

#871 Jun 14, 2012
Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Is ACT 10 working? Lets hear from some sheriff's depts.
http://www.wisconsinreporter.com/wi-sheriffs-...
Seems they like the saving provided to their departments, if fact some of them will add JOBS!
Your state has the very finest Governor MONEY can buy.
The Koch bros now own 1 state, 49 to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bernie Sanders wins Democratic primary in Oregon May 21 Bryan 2
New Location ( JESUS LUNCH) May 16 Sgt Prepper 2
need a girl freand (Jan '09) May 15 Hassany 39
PartsBadger comes to the Maker Faire May 14 PartsBadger 1
Nudes to sokysunrise May 12 Soky sunrise 1
News Sen. Johnson campaigning with Speaker Ryan Thur... May 6 VP Loser Ryan 1
dealing with the dwd in madison wi (Feb '07) Apr 30 JOE 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Verona Mortgages