Teachers, students protest Walker's bill

Feb 23, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fitchburg Star

Tuesday, things heated up at the capitol around noon as Madison teachers and students were able to join the protest because school was cancelled due to more than 2,600 teachers calling in sick and other various reasons.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2011
CONSERVATIVE

Jefferson, GA

#1 Feb 24, 2011
You would think if the children were as important to them as they claim. The teachers would be in class, indoctrinating... I mean teaching their beloved children? No what's important is THEIR BENEFITS! They are more concerned with themselves. It's funny when they get thier way. All we hear is People who teach don't it for the money. They do it for the love of teaching. Now all we hear is ME, ME, ME!
june

Maringouin, LA

#2 Feb 26, 2011
another example of why tenure needs to be eliminated!can you picture this happening at your place of work and getting away with it?look up at how much sick time teachers get away with and how its handled!most workers would be fired for excessive absentism but they dont have tenure!what kind of parents support this and allow their kids to become part of a protest?screw the teachers unions that have the tax payers at their mercy.gov walker is right!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 13 hr Tealiban Fascists 7,041
Middleton Lawn serviced by WeedMan Lawncare (Nov '08) Aug 28 Jaimie 89
Woman cited for climbing into zoo's giraffe pen Aug 20 SLY WEST 18
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Pro People 2,234
Post Ridge Apartments Aug 7 Jaimie 2
Badger Painting LLC (May '12) Aug 5 Former CC 69
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 31 BOBBY 452
•••
•••
•••

Verona Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Verona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Verona News, Events & Info