Police Investigate Fatal Shooting On ...

Police Investigate Fatal Shooting On Tempe Drive

There are 10 comments on the Channel 3000 story from Jun 30, 2008, titled Police Investigate Fatal Shooting On Tempe Drive. In it, Channel 3000 reports that:

Authorities are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred on Tempe Drive in Madison on Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Channel 3000.

i new this would happen

Verona, WI

#1 Jul 6, 2008
I used to live at 7214 Tempe drive. This neighborhood is very ghetto. I used to call the police every night. The people who lived on that block were either drug dealers or in gangs. This is not a safe place to live. If you live there,move out. This is the pure GHETTO OF MADISON.
i LET this happen

Cambridge, WI

#2 Jul 11, 2008
how about taking more responsibility and not just move away? "i used to call the police every night". i find that very unlikely. the area has deteriorated in the past year or two, but that will stop as soon as people in the neighborhood stop putting up with the "ghetto". landlords need to screen renters better and if they do not they will also be held accountable.
Lets keep it safe

Cambridge, WI

#3 Jul 11, 2008
This is a great neighborhood that used to thrive at one point in time. Not only is it a different world that we live in but a different demographic. People are getting older and their kids are moving on in their own lives. There are a lot more "empty nesters" now and some newer families are moving in. I'm assuming that it's the new residents that don't "know" the area that well that are the problem. The people in the neighborhood need to take the time to get to get to know one another. Once they do this, they will then respect one another or be pressured by others to move out. The rentals also seem to be a problem. Mostly the duplexs own independently. We should praise the management at Tucson Trails for really putting forth the effort to clean up their property. That place used to be a horrible place, with cops there every night, music at all hours, cars that don't belong driving through, drugs, etc. Now, it's a very respectible place and there's rarely a police visit there. It's a very noticible change that can be an example for the rest of the neighborhood. Lastly, I think that the home owners association is doing what they can to help out. From the sounds of it a Neighborhood Watch is in the works as well as a picnic.
i find it unlikely

Madison, WI

#4 Jul 15, 2008
Police figures show a 42 percent increase in calls for police in the past two years on Tempe Drive, with calls jumping from 31 from January through June 2006 to 44 in the first half of this year.
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/294212
TEMPE DRIVE IS SO GHETTO

Verona, WI

#5 Jul 15, 2008
I moved because I have two kids who don't deserve to live in a dangerous neighborhood.The landlord that we had didn't care about our safety or concerns. All my landlord cared about was getting his $1,300 a month. All the landlords on that block didn't care about anything at all. They were just concerned about getting some family to rent out a house or duplex. Second they are concerned about getting a large security deposit and rent.So stop defending Tempe Drive block,it's not a happy place to live or be at peace.The landlords don't care about safety,gangs,drugs,etc.You can't even get a goods night rest,let alone find your car in front of your apartment home.The police don't even care.TO ''I LET THIS HAPPEN''Why don't you live on that block for a year,you'll find yourself calling the police every night. TEMPE DRIVE IS NOT A HAPPY NEIGHBORHOOD,ITS THE GHETTO,WITH GHETTO FAMILIES.
I did not let this happen to Tempe drive block.
The landlords who own property on Tempe Drive let this happen. They need to get with the program and get descent working people to rent out there places.
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!
I'M SURE THERE WILL BE MORE SHOOTINGS ON THAT BLOCK.IF YOU WANT TO BUY STREET DRUGS,TEMPE DRIVE SELLS THAT.
TO ''MADISON POLICE''
START DOING YOUR JOBS.
TO THE "911" CALL CENTER
WHEN PEOPLE CALL YOU, GET THE MADISON POLICE OUT THERE SOON,NOT WHEN SOMEONE IS SHOT AND DEAD.
TO THE ''LANDLORDS"
PLEASE START GETTING BETTER FAMILIES TO RENT OUT YOUR DUPLEX'S AND HOME'S.
FYI LANDLORDS:
START GIVING YOUR TENANTS THERE SECURITY DEPOSITS BACK.
amy

Verona, WI

#6 Jul 22, 2008
So now there is a police car every night on Tempe drive.
A smart person

Verona, WI

#7 Jan 25, 2009
At 7213 Tempe Drive some one got shot! The landlord of the duplex is trying to get it rented out. No one wants to live were a person got murdered. Tempe drive is Ghetto. No one wants to live or move there. People are putting there houses up for sale because they know they are not safe!!!!!!! Wake up people!!!

Tempe Drive is the Ghetto of Madison Wisconsin 53719

West Side Ghetto& dangerous! If you want to get killed come walk down this block!!
Glad they got the guy

Minneapolis, MN

#8 May 11, 2010
The "smart person" sounds like the couple I had to evict from my property about 3 1/2 years ago for damaging the property, never paying on time, and finally skipping out on a month and a half of rent. They are just your garden variety vindictive con artists, who have a long list of legal proceedings against them. Please stop with your hysterical posts, or I will take legal action against you. Knowing these people the way I do, I would disregard everything that has been said about the neighborhood. What occurred is a tragic event that unfortunately can happen anywhere.
Now to the heart of the issue, I am very sorry to hear about Marcus, but I am glad that there is justice in the world.
Legal Action

Madison, WI

#9 Nov 2, 2010
Glad they got the guy wrote:
The "smart person" sounds like the couple I had to evict from my property about 3 1/2 years ago for damaging the property, never paying on time, and finally skipping out on a month and a half of rent. They are just your garden variety vindictive con artists, who have a long list of legal proceedings against them. Please stop with your hysterical posts, or I will take legal action against you. Knowing these people the way I do, I would disregard everything that has been said about the neighborhood. What occurred is a tragic event that unfortunately can happen anywhere.
Now to the heart of the issue, I am very sorry to hear about Marcus, but I am glad that there is justice in the world.
"Please stop with your hysterical posts, or I will take legal action against you."
You're going to take legal action against people telling the truth on an online forum? May I ask what legal foundation you will use to take such action?
lol

Fall Creek, WI

#10 Nov 18, 2010
They never get the right guy. They wear blinders. They go for the easy prey. This has created thousands of wrongful convictions in wisconsin. along with extortion and entrapment. You can not beleive anything a paid trained professiona liar. When you talk to one they look and act more honest than mopst. Yet they all love groin searchs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
REPUBLICANS plot to steal from Workers: create ... Sat Republicans Shill... 2
News Police: Person in custody following Greyhound b... Jan 20 Alliance Care 3
News Democratic Madison mayor enters Wisconsin gover... Jan 10 BHM5267 1
Bubba Dec '17 Hannah 1
Donald Trump for President (Nov '16) Dec '17 Real Facts 8
How does one fight a corrupt Police department? (Jul '08) Dec '17 Bad ass 224
Ting Internet Dec '17 GreatMadison 1

Verona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance