Residents upset over property taxes

Residents upset over property taxes

There are 1 comment on the North Jersey Media Group story from Jul 1, 2010, titled Residents upset over property taxes. In it, North Jersey Media Group reports that:

Residents in both towns are complaining against the increases in the property taxes they will have to pay for 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Jersey Media Group.

John T

New York, NY

#1 Jul 8, 2010
How do we stop this insane and crippling rise in property taxes? Who is looking at how the money is spent, and to make those spending more accountable. While I believe strongly that our schools consume more than their fair share (teacher aides, tenure, raises not in touch with reality, summers off, excessive holidays, pensions, etc.)there are probably many other "drains" as well. One Great way to stem the tide would be to consolidate elections. Once per year only. I note that the school budget and expense issues usually rate their own election, completely off-cycle and with limited notice. Kind of ensuring that those interested and with a stake to gain by passing get out and support the ridiculous budget increases, while others - especially in this economy cannot find the time to participate in multiple yearly balloting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(Spring Cleaning) Are you keeping your house clean 20 hr Marc Compere 1
News Glimpse of History: An organization for women i... Apr 17 Blytheville Queen 2
Review: Consultants In Urology - Stephen P Tode... (Mar '10) Apr 12 Buffie Whitfield 2
News A Difficult Question... (Sep '10) Apr 12 Buffie Whitfield 2
News West Orange High School bans teacher from campu... (Nov '09) Apr 12 Buffie Whitfield 4
News Superintendent calls former Teacher of the Year... (Feb '13) Apr 12 Buffie Whitfield 3
News Man Accused of Executing Two Seattle Gay Men Ca... (Jul '14) Apr 12 Buffie Whitfield 2

Verona Jobs

Personal Finance

Verona Mortgages