Oleput Festival poised for a comeback?

Oleput Festival poised for a comeback?

Posted in the Verona Forum

420guy

Tupelo, MS

#1 Nov 5, 2013
During a meeting, Mayor Jason Shelton said the Oleput festival may make a return next year. Talks are strictly preliminary, and nothing is definite. Dates and sponsorships have to be considered, among other things. We’ll have to see where it goes.

Source: http://bizbuzz.djournal.com/2013/11/05/downto...

History of Oleput:
Oleput (Tupelo spelled backwards) was the city's biggest party weekend, with music, food and fun in downtown Tupelo. Concerts were given on Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings on the first full weekend of June. Special events included a hot air balloon competition, BBQ cooking, a Mardi Gras-style parade, and a gigantic fireworks display each evening. Music was nonstop on mulitple stages with everything from brass bands to zydeco.
Same

Tupelo, MS

#2 Nov 5, 2013
What is missing is the benefit of the people's time. What are they learning? Has it brought opportunities to their lives? Does it promote moral understanding, ethics, family values, middle class life and acceptance of the creative class?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apt. Town Homes, Duplex or Loft 5 hr Saltillo 2
News Mississippi State student in custody after thre... 6 hr Joke 1
News Tupelo city workers get 2-percent pay raise 6 hr Joke laws 3
News Our Opinion: Tupelo Regional encounters more pa... 16 hr Useless Spending 5
News Tupelo City Council discusses variety of city i... 17 hr Successful Powerful 4
News Traffic light for Walmart faces friction 17 hr Dodge Main Street 10
News Local ministers hold 'pop up' worship in Fairpark Wed Have hope 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Verona Mortgages