Man cleared in ricin letters case sues 2nd suspect

Sep 26, 2013 Full story: Hattiesburg American 12

JACKSON -- An Elvis impersonator charged, then cleared, of sending poison-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others has filed a defamation lawsuit against the current suspect in the case.

Full Story
Real American

Olive Branch, MS

#1 Oct 3, 2013
If the system worked the way our founding fathers intended it too, this wouldn't be a problem. As taught in school, a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty, with the burden of proof lying on the prosecution. In this case, and many others, this man was presumed guilty until he himself proved there was a reasonable doubt of his guilt. Maybe a few lawsuits paid out to a few wronged citizens will change the way cases are made now back to the way our Constitution intended the justice system to work.
Grayson

North Richland Hills, TX

#2 Oct 3, 2013
No one should be surprised!
Anon

Sumrall, MS

#3 Oct 4, 2013
Real American wrote:
If the system worked the way our founding fathers intended it too, this wouldn't be a problem. As taught in school, a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty, with the burden of proof lying on the prosecution. In this case, and many others, this man was presumed guilty until he himself proved there was a reasonable doubt of his guilt. Maybe a few lawsuits paid out to a few wronged citizens will change the way cases are made now back to the way our Constitution intended the justice system to work.
Amen. And to add to this, the tax payers should not pay the suit, the individuals who maliciously prosecute with no real evidence should pay out of their own pocket. Someone who could make ricin, then send it anonymously isn't going to use the same quote that's on their fb page. Idiots.
Freedom

Tupelo, MS

#4 Oct 4, 2013
The police have become military thugs under the demand of a tyrant. The American people have let the government steal their rights being manipulated by propaganda of fear.
Spooner

Hattiesburg, MS

#5 Oct 4, 2013
Real American wrote:
I agree with you 100%. However. One cannot threaten the President. We know now he didn't, but he was set up by a idiot using his name. The Secret Service, and the Capital Police, don't play.

“Ain't no rest for the wicked.”

Since: Sep 13

Federal Way, WA

#6 Oct 5, 2013
Real American wrote:
If the system worked the way our founding fathers intended it too,
Our founding fathers didn't think about the education system at all. In their day education was almost completely optional and there wasn't a system to do it with at all. Sometimes the education system was an apprenticeship program, where the child learned a job and that was considered enough to teach them everything they knew. Sometimes they had a formal school founded but these were rare and attending them once you knew how to read and write more than fifty words was even rarer. There was no government interaction with education.

Your concept about schools working how the founding fathers envisioned is completely flawed to the point that it blows the credibility of everything else you said.

Federal Way, WA

#7 Oct 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Someone who could make ricin, then send it anonymously isn't going to use the same quote that's on their fb page. Idiots.
You'd be surprised. As well, ricin is not hard to make, it doesn't take any intelligence at all, so the concept that if they can make ricin they must be smart enough to not do this is flawed.

All the same, someone would probably not do that unless they're from Corinth. The people of Corinth are so dumb that the most advanced law enforcement agencies in the country considered it possible for them to use Facebook quotes from their own account.
Anon

Pearl, MS

#8 Oct 5, 2013
The only flawed thinking is you trying to spin this. Don't blame the people of Corinth, it was poor investigating by a dozen law enforcement agencies. If he had no idea who else it could have been, you can guarantee hey would have continued to prosecute. So the truth is resident ricin expert...a Corinth man solved the crime with no help from all the agencies.
Seriously

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2013
I agree that there were some huge holes in this investigation. Perhaps even a rush to judgement. But there is one thing to learn here .... This man made himself a target with his delusional accusation, comments, and thoughts over the years. You can not go around spouting crazy conspiracy theories without hard evidence and then get mad when authorities question your involvement.
Anon

Terry, MS

#10 Oct 5, 2013
Freedom of speech protects your opinion as well as a his, and a conspiracy can neither be proven nor disproven. Your opinion is legally incorrect. This is exactly why we've lost our rights. You are wrong, you can get mad when your house gets trashed at no fault of your own. Why brainwashed residents of this Country continually take up for injustice is beyond me. You don't break into someone's home, drag them in front of cameras and stone them because "you think" they're crazy.

Federal Way, WA

#11 Oct 5, 2013
If a dozen law enforcement agencies can believe that a person from Corinth could do something like this, it says a lot about Corinth whether you want to admit it or not.

As well, the guy's crazy whether you want to keep saying "think" or not.
Spooner

Hattiesburg, MS

#12 Oct 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
Freedom of speech protects your opinion as well as a his, and a conspiracy can neither be proven nor disproven. Your opinion is legally incorrect. This is exactly why we've lost our rights. You are wrong, you can get mad when your house gets trashed at no fault of your own. Why brainwashed residents of this Country continually take up for injustice is beyond me. You don't break into someone's home, drag them in front of cameras and stone them because "you think" they're crazy.
I'm not taking up for injustice at all. This guy was innocent as it turns out. The fact of the matter is that he was set up. Like I said earlier, one cannot threaten the President, without consequences.

He was arrested by Capital Police, and FBI, not Corinth PD. Corinth PD was there but just bystanders (trust me). They did assist the Government Authorities in finding Mini-City though. lol

Like I said earlier. Those guys don't play well with others !! I would say he has never even gotten an apology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotties at WTVA and WCBI (Sep '08) 1 hr joe 174
UM-Tupelo, Booneville aid offered to ICC, North... 3 hr Somebody 2
New highway, Tupelo thoroughfare opened 8 hr Godo 3
Congressman recovers from surgery, stroke 12 hr Godo 1
SeaPort begins air service in Tupelo 15 hr Got 1
Dosset commercials depict black lover girls Sat Its_Me 3
Tombigbee EPA change hits some hard Sat Frank 1
Verona Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web