Child dies after falling from chair w...

Child dies after falling from chair with scissors

There are 45 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from May 13, 2007, titled Child dies after falling from chair with scissors. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

Police in Verona Beach, New York, say a six-year old died while reaching for scissors on top of a refrigerator when she fell from a chair and the blades stabbed her in the neck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SAD

Kingsville, Canada

#44 May 17, 2007
thats really sad and i think that there should be some kind of charges on the perents because they didnt help the kid and if the perents were watchin then they ashood be smart enough to no that she shoodnt be on weely chairs
Realistic Mother of Two

Nashville, TN

#45 May 17, 2007
SAD wrote:
thats really sad and i think that there should be some kind of charges on the perents because they didnt help the kid and if the perents were watchin then they ashood be smart enough to no that she shoodnt be on weely chairs
WAKE UP!!
How old are you? Six? By you handwriting and spelling I would not expect much older than that... When you grow up and have kids of your own, you will come to terms with the fact that they get into everything. You cannot possibly anticipate every freak accident that could happen. The parents put the scissors on top of the fridge. Quit blaming the parents. This is just a sad, freak accident that hopefully everyone will learn by and make us other parents treasure our children that much more. I do.
Amanda

Rochester, NH

#46 May 17, 2007
My heart goes out to the family. I'm sorry
Incredulous

United States

#47 Jun 14, 2007
SAD wrote:
Yes they lost their child, I think that would be a pretty adequate punishment don't you? Or could you bounce back from that easily yourself so you feel more is needed?
angelindisguise

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Oct 31, 2008
That is certainly a bizzare accident, almost unbelievable. But yes, any parent knows that small children will try to do almost anything. And if she had gum in her hair, she was probably wanting to cut it out so that her parents wouldn't find out about it. 6 year olds do not realize the danger of such things no matter how many times you tell them. I feel for the family of this child...I hope that it truely was an accident but I'm sure the police can determine that & probably have already? God help them find Peace...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sweet Temptations 18 min beach ur meat 2
GangStalking Is Real, "Right Here in Camden" An... 2 hr LOL 9
Cheating cops 2 hr Phil Trombino 3
Justice for Tammy Mahoney 2 hr Was bawbawbaw 17
La Roma's Pizza 5 hr excited 3
Drug bust on Elm str 5 hr stfu 6
pigs that live in csnastota (Mar '11) 8 hr Stupid 9

Verona Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance