Possible algae shuts down Sylvan and ...

Possible algae shuts down Sylvan and Verona beaches

There are 4 comments on the The Post-Standard story from Jul 7, 2011, titled Possible algae shuts down Sylvan and Verona beaches. In it, The Post-Standard reports that:

Sylvan Beach and Verona Beach are closed until further notice after concerns about what appeared to be high levels of blue-green algae.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Standard.

Sylvan BeatDown

Syracuse, NY

#1 Jul 7, 2011
WTF is "possible" Algae? Algae is SCUM & the Beach is fulla...LOL..this is TOO easy> I'll hand this this one over to the backbencher/peanut gallery posters... OK.... G - O!!!
Sylvan BeatDown

Syracuse, NY

#2 Jul 8, 2011
I was counting the hours before The media consulted with Schmoe Bendadik, Doctor of Marine Algology about this story...I wasn't dissapointed..LOL "Village administrator Joe Benedict is no stranger to the algae.
“I’ve seen it go away in a few hours or overnight, or after a west wind. I’ve also seen it stay for a week or so. But usually it comes without any notice and it leaves without any notice, too,” said Benedict." -WSYR
black lagoon

Earlville, NY

#3 Jul 9, 2011
The crud is all along the shoreline. Boating is not safe either,, since you are breathing the overspray. Go to old Forge!
Nate

Harrisville, NY

#4 Jul 9, 2011
It's not harmful to humans or animals! Joe Bendmydik wanted a weekend off so he pissed in the lake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the ho ho ho who likes to sleep with a lawye... 20 min Dina 17
34 years and still no court date why? Tammy Ma... (May '15) 2 hr Justice for Tammy... 59
Brandon Walsh 4 hr Matt 3
Seeking Advice From Long Term Canastota Residents 4 hr Sammers 7
disgusting joslyns 4 hr Oneida resident 8
Womens rights march? Dc protest? 4 hr Not Phil 7
Camden POLICE Department Corruption? (Jan '15) 8 hr Cynthia 16

Verona Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Verona Beach Mortgages