Gloria and Emilio Estefan to open hotel in Vero Beach

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Vero Beach The Treasure Coast's newest luxury hotel, Costa d'Este, will have the name of a South Florida celebrity couple attached to it when it opens in January.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
steve

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

blahhhh. another overpriced celebrity hangout. whats in a name? cause thats all they will get once the opening hoopla goes away. so since there is no more "season" here and hasnt been in ages, they think that with enough upscale hotels built in the area, more rich people will come here. and do what? go to lion country. come on. there are much better playgrounds for the rich then vero beach or anywhere in fl.
its just a name.
Cubanos sucios

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

Send these two Cuban dirtbags back to Miami... We don't need them and their ilk in Vero Beach!

“Yes, it's Steve”

Since: Jun 07

Wellington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

Here I was thinking of moving to Vero Beach, guess not now - it'll become the next Miami
jake

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2007

We all know vero. And we all know how boring it is. But to bring another expensive and possibly cheezy hotel to vero, is like telling our residents to find another home. We all know what it'll bring: More Rich people and More drama. I honestly think it's a stupid idea. How about Gloria does something for the kids of Vero!!!? Stop thinking about the old folks, yeah they are important, but there are more kids now than there ever was before. Vero is still growing. It's about time the kids are satisfied too! Trust me, I've been there!
goat barbecue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

hey but are they gonna bury any gopher turtles alive in the process... one can only hope. Wait a minute dont they practice santeria? what about all the goat heads that kill baby dolphins?
Big Stump

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

jake wrote:
We all know vero. And we all know how boring it is. But to bring another expensive and possibly cheezy hotel to vero, is like telling our residents to find another home. We all know what it'll bring: More Rich people and More drama. I honestly think it's a stupid idea. How about Gloria does something for the kids of Vero!!!? Stop thinking about the old folks, yeah they are important, but there are more kids now than there ever was before. Vero is still growing. It's about time the kids are satisfied too! Trust me, I've been there!
Speak for yourself--Vero has PLENTY to do--better fishing and surfing than Miami/Ft. Laud/WPB. Beaches cleaner with better sand. Not many finer places to live in this country if you got the $$$, which is why Vero's become a magnate for CEO's. And from what I hear from those that work in the public schools up there, they're LOSING students (like much of Florida), especially the redneck offspring as they're hi-tailin' it back to the Carolinas.

“"Man Bites Dog"”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon & Other Planets

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

goat barbecue wrote:
hey but are they gonna bury any gopher turtles alive in the process... one can only hope. Wait a minute dont they practice santeria? what about all the goat heads that kill baby dolphins?
So they are still adjusting your meds I see?
Vero Native

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2007

It doesn't look to me as though any of you live in or have spent much time in Vero. I do live here. And I have for a long while. Get your facts straight. They are renovating an old hotel, not building a new one on virgin soil (so rest assured the gopher turtles will be fine). We actually have VERY few hotels at all in town, so this is one that people are looking forward to reopening. As for what the Estefan's can do for our City, that is apparently up to us. She generously offered a benefit concert (100% proceeds to Vero) after the 2004 hurricane season wiped out much of our beachfront (including the hotel she purchased just 2 months before which was nearly TOTALLED in the storms) and our Council said no thanks. She tried. Our officials said no (stupidly). She'll do plenty for our not so boring town and they will be very much welcomed here. You racist moron's can stick it where the sun don't shine (or just go back to Staten Island. Cuban or not, they'll do just fine in Vero Beach.
Unilingual Gringo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

"We have a huge Hispanic population that have a special affinity for Gloria Estefan so it would be great if they came out to the Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival in January," said Beth Mitchell, executive director of the Sebastian River Area Chamber of Commerce.

Huge hispanic population?
Caron Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

I am so happy that Gloria and her husband are doing this for Vero. I have worked to make a living in Vero for 33 years. I am so relived to see a people of value to come to Vero.
I am own the Beach Barber Shop.I know that the people who are trying to make a living in small time operations are very grateful for people who open the area for the small People .Please don't let there be another rejection of Vero.If you want good service such as Beauty, Barber, Maids,Lawn Service, Pools, you have to let the working people work. When I came to Vero in !974 I could at least find a job. Don't forget if you want to live the good life you have to have someone to clean your tolit
Ryan James

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Congrats to her making Vero a little better. She is restoring a older beach front hotel. Not
a new construction. She made south beach a
international known hot spot! The beaches, lakes and rivers in vero are some of the best in the world. fishing is great, crime is low and the schools are mostly "A" rated. Yes ocean front property is expensive but the
rest of vero is affordable, clean and the people are friendly.
wtf

Casselberry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

Unilingual Gringo wrote:
"We have a huge Hispanic population that have a special affinity for Gloria Estefan so it would be great if they came out to the Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival in January," said Beth Mitchell, executive director of the Sebastian River Area Chamber of Commerce.
Huge hispanic population?
The Fellsmere FROG LEG FESTIVAL? Are you serious? I knew everything off the island was redneck... but a FROG LEG FESTIVAL? I guess the SRACofC is trying to scare the Estefan's back to Miami! The only huge hispanic population I have seen in Indial River County are farmworkers and not likely to patronize a beachfront hotel... nor are they likely to attend a redneck FROG LEG FESTIVAL!
I can see Gloria making quite a splash headlining the FROG LEG FESTIVAL! Should make the cover of Rolling Stone!
Vero traveller

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fellsmere FROG LEG FESTIVAL? Are you serious? I knew everything off the island was redneck... but a FROG LEG FESTIVAL? I guess the SRACofC is trying to scare the Estefan's back to Miami! The only huge hispanic population I have seen in Indial River County are farmworkers and not likely to patronize a beachfront hotel... nor are they likely to attend a redneck FROG LEG FESTIVAL!
I can see Gloria making quite a splash headlining the FROG LEG FESTIVAL! Should make the cover of Rolling Stone!
LMAO you're right
dudley31

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Kathy wrote:
I agree that there isn't much for us kids/teens to do in Vero (yes I live here), but if they are just renovating an old hotel, guess that's ok. I do hope we don't get over run with Hispanic people though, like Miami.
Vero's a pretty good town overall.
There's lots for kids/teens to do there. Pick up a fishing pole of surf board. You're growing up in paradise. You got year-round outdoor sports there. What do you think kids in Omaha have for fun?

The hispanics are coming though, no escaping that.
rick

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

Cubanos sucios wrote:
Send these two Cuban dirtbags back to Miami... We don't need them and their ilk in Vero Beach!
when will people grow up 30 40 50 never stop the hate if you had the money to do it maybe then you would know how it feels to be in charge. i live in vero and hope this place does blow up. it is stupid boring and just stop hating what you cant do, redneck inbreads suck!
waldorf

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

i worked on this job for a year. the management and coordination on this job was and still is a joke we built things 4 and five times they could not get the architect off drugs my company lost their ass do to so many changes in their plans do you relly think the estabans have our best interets at heart i dont think so i went for weeks without getting paid out of loyalty to my company they came to job on many occasion and looked at us workers as shit they put alot of money into small stupid rooms which people will pay for just for her name come on people get real just another high dollar name trying to get richer off of me and you i like my small place as it is you and i mean all of you rich think your stuff dont stink leave us alone to enjoy our natural beaches and small buisnesses the way that the book florida the land forgotten meant this great wonderful sanctuary to be ps i still havent gotten paid for i have been laid off do you really think gloria cares? i love my fellow americans to bad there was'nt more of us on the job illeagle immigrants? you dont even want me to go there gloria i got alot more to say if anybody wants to know
Becky of The Grande

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Judged:

I am grateful that Gloria and her husband are part of Vero Beach. Finally some real great class is coming to Vero. Thank you Gloria and Emilio! I was born in Cuba and came to Miami Beach back when Fidel was taking over. I lived in Miami Beach for 20 years. I have owned and operated 5 salons here in Vero and stayed through all the off seasons. I continue bring force my hard work in the beauty industry and will continue most likely till my body can not do it anymore. I am proud to be a vero beacher and proud to have Gloria's new hotel right around the corner from my salon. Looking forward to seeing and enjoying some real fine cuban food soon. Sincerly, Becky Bazyler
Alex

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Becky of The Grande wrote:
I am grateful that Gloria and her husband are part of Vero Beach. Finally some real great class is coming to Vero. Thank you Gloria and Emilio! I was born in Cuba and came to Miami Beach back when Fidel was taking over. I lived in Miami Beach for 20 years. I have owned and operated 5 salons here in Vero and stayed through all the off seasons. I continue bring force my hard work in the beauty industry and will continue most likely till my body can not do it anymore. I am proud to be a vero beacher and proud to have Gloria's new hotel right around the corner from my salon. Looking forward to seeing and enjoying some real fine cuban food soon. Sincerly, Becky Bazyler
Well said Becky. I wish you continue success in your growing business. Being of Cuban decendant also, I'm also looking forward to some authentic Cuban food and entertainment.
becky hairstylist

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

how about that Gloria Estebans Hotel has done great here in Vero Beach. Not only has this beautiful place helped keep buisnesses on the Beachside keep busy, but it has also brought in many weddings and wonderful cuban cuisine. Love this hotel, great place for the A1A area. 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vero Beach Discussions

Search the Vero Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 3 hr he he he 1,830
sunrise mobile home park 9 hr wanting2no 1
Vero Beach, FL Teen Challenge Boys' Program (May '08) 10 hr JennyJenn 231
Hanks Construction 13 hr laborer 1
Review: Brett Scully (Midwest Family Office) 21 hr Craig Miller 10
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Thu Panamaed 2,631
Review: Comfort Zone AC And Heating (May '13) Apr 16 alyr 8
•••

Tornado Watch for Indian River County was issued at April 19 at 5:46AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Vero Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Vero Beach People Search