Entergy ordered to pay attorney fees

Entergy ordered to pay attorney fees

There are 26 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Dec 3, 2010, titled Entergy ordered to pay attorney fees. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

The Vermont Public Service Board ruled that Entergy Nuclear will have to reimburse certain costs accrued by interested parties during a hearing regarding underground piping at the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant in Vernon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NSTAR

Woburn, MA

#1 Dec 3, 2010
Technical consultant Shadis is an art teacher. How he incurred $13,530.37 in costs should be subjected to a detailed audit to verify the charges submitted are truthful (which I doubt).
Uh huh

Springfield, MA

#2 Dec 3, 2010
Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that based on your recommendation.
NSTAR wrote:
Technical consultant Shadis is an art teacher. How he incurred $13,530.37 in costs should be subjected to a detailed audit to verify the charges submitted are truthful (which I doubt).
The Mouth of Shumlin

Northvale, NJ

#3 Dec 3, 2010
NSTAR wrote:
Technical consultant Shadis is an art teacher. How he incurred $13,530.37 in costs should be subjected to a detailed audit to verify the charges submitted are truthful (which I doubt).
The NEC and Shadis are incapable of "misinforming" the state unlike Entergy. If he says he incurred $13,530.37 in losses, you'd best keep your mouth shut and believe it to the last cent! ;^)

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#4 Dec 3, 2010
Hopefully they will begin to think twice about their stonewalling legal maneuverings & other machinations, as well as their media blitzes & campaigns which have in fact backfired, which have sucked up the many millions they could have spent on maintaining the plant & building a relationship of trust w/VT.

Good riddance! Watch that door, now.
Not a Vermonter

Grafton, NH

#5 Dec 3, 2010
Does everyone understand that from the 1st meeting the attorneys for Entergy had with the PSB and eight intervenors, including the NEC & CLF, the very 1st question that was asked was about reimbursement for their time.

Only in Vermont would a company be asked to pay to promote its own destruction. I'm sure IBM must be watching closely wondering if they are next.

It hasn't been enough that Entergy has paid millions to Vermont in the form of what could only be described as officially sanctioned bribes, kickbacks or a better term might be extortion, but they expect Entergy to fund its own destruction.

State of Vermont a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC and CLF.
mike mulligan

Charlestown, MA

#6 Dec 3, 2010
Don't leak radioactivity and tell the truth...then you won't have to pay.

Since: Nov 10

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Dec 3, 2010
Entergy having to reimburse the New England Coalition - sweet! I guess it costs $21,000 to lie to the Public Service Board and the people of Vermont.
mike mulligan

Charlestown, MA

#8 Dec 3, 2010
Oh man, it cost them a ton more than that...
Local

Springfield, MA

#9 Dec 4, 2010
No, the lying is not what cost them - it was the getting caught lying that did it.

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#10 Dec 4, 2010
Not a Vermonter wrote:
Does everyone understand that from the 1st meeting the attorneys for Entergy had with the PSB and eight intervenors, including the NEC & CLF, the very 1st question that was asked was about reimbursement for their time.
Only in Vermont would a company be asked to pay to promote its own destruction. I'm sure IBM must be watching closely wondering if they are next.
It hasn't been enough that Entergy has paid millions to Vermont in the form of what could only be described as officially sanctioned bribes, kickbacks or a better term might be extortion, but they expect Entergy to fund its own destruction.
State of Vermont a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC and CLF.
Waaah! Suck it up Sad Sack.
not yet paid

Sunapee, NH

#11 Dec 4, 2010
Why hasn't anyone been arrested yet? Giving perjurious testimony is illegal and if it is commited by more than one person colluding on behalf of a corporation, wouldn't that qualify as conspiracy to commit perjury?
Does Entergy Vermont Yankee not qualify as a criminal enterprize when multiple representatives of the company mislead regulators about the existence of underground pipes, putting the companies financial assets above public safety?

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#12 Dec 4, 2010
not yet paid wrote:
Why hasn't anyone been arrested yet? Giving perjurious testimony is illegal and if it is commited by more than one person colluding on behalf of a corporation, wouldn't that qualify as conspiracy to commit perjury?
Does Entergy Vermont Yankee not qualify as a criminal enterprize when multiple representatives of the company mislead regulators about the existence of underground pipes, putting the companies financial assets above public safety?
Because our AG is a closet Republican who only serves to run interference for the real criminals, the white collar boys, defending every cop, tropper & police dept in the state no matter how serious the charges or damning the evidence.

To hell w/the penny-ante, scrawny-plant pot growers & dime-bag pot dealers-they're all in Kentucky pulling hard time in the Graybar while the real crims live high off the VT hog courtesy of the taxpayers-they're billing us for killing us.
The Mouth of Shumlin

Northvale, NJ

#13 Dec 4, 2010
not yet paid wrote:
Why hasn't anyone been arrested yet? Giving perjurious testimony is illegal and if it is commited by more than one person colluding on behalf of a corporation, wouldn't that qualify as conspiracy to commit perjury?
Does Entergy Vermont Yankee not qualify as a criminal enterprize when multiple representatives of the company mislead regulators about the existence of underground pipes, putting the companies financial assets above public safety?
There was a misunderstanding between "underground pipes" (those in underground concrete trenches, but not touching soil) and "buried pipes" (those in direct contact with soil). It's not perjury or a conspiracy. It's simply a misunderstanding between two parties with no follow up. Call it laziness or stupidity or both. No need to get your pitchfork sharpened. If you've ever make a mistake in your life, be glad it will probably never be as bad as the one made by Jay Thayer. He single handedly put the jobs of each Vermont Yankee employee in jeopardy and lost the trust of the state. When your title is Vice President of License Renewal and you fail this spectacularly, you ought to be publicly shamed.
not yet paid

Sunapee, NH

#14 Dec 4, 2010
Jay Thayer was only one of the ELEVEN Vermont Yankee employees that have been disciplined by the company as a result of misleading statements, that were made to Vermont public officials over twelve months:
http://vtdigger.org/2010/07/20/report-entergy...
Not exactly "single handed" and the public is not convinced it was a "misunderstanding".
mike mulligan

Charlestown, MA

#15 Dec 4, 2010
The Mouth of Shumlin wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a misunderstanding between "underground pipes" (those in underground concrete trenches, but not touching soil) and "buried pipes" (those in direct contact with soil). It's not perjury or a conspiracy. It's simply a misunderstanding between two parties with no follow up. Call it laziness or stupidity or both. No need to get your pitchfork sharpened. If you've ever make a mistake in your life, be glad it will probably never be as bad as the one made by Jay Thayer. He single handedly put the jobs of each Vermont Yankee employee in jeopardy and lost the trust of the state. When your title is Vice President of License Renewal and you fail this spectacularly, you ought to be publicly shamed.
None of these guys at the plant are normal people...they are extraordinary people. The people involved were extraordinarily experienced. Think about how big and complex this organization is...they live and die by how they communicate with each other and outsiders.

They are beyond highly professional communicators...it is implausible it was a mistake.

They want you to believe they are just like you...

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#16 Dec 5, 2010
The Mouth of Shumlin wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a misunderstanding between "underground pipes" (those in underground concrete trenches, but not touching soil) and "buried pipes" (those in direct contact with soil). It's not perjury or a conspiracy. It's simply a misunderstanding between two parties with no follow up. Call it laziness or stupidity or both. No need to get your pitchfork sharpened. If you've ever make a mistake in your life, be glad it will probably never be as bad as the one made by Jay Thayer. He single handedly put the jobs of each Vermont Yankee employee in jeopardy and lost the trust of the state. When your title is Vice President of License Renewal and you fail this spectacularly, you ought to be publicly shamed.
Your continual false information on these threads in the few short comments you've made is stunning.

Apparently, you think none of us knows what is going on. You are wrong.

Your claim about this being a 'misunderstanding', is no misunderstanding, that would be a complete lie.

Oh please. Who do you think you're fooling. It was found to have been *BOTH* perjury & a conspiracy.

In order to make these comments, you would have to be completely clueless, totally ignorant or a member of the pronuclear claque and another Entergy's stooge. E-thugs & members of their propaganda machine who have flooded these threads for a year in an attempt to influence VT & silence dissenters stick out like a sore thumb-there simply is no place to hide anymore.

Your attacks upon those you seem to see as key to have been notable, as well as a red flag as to your strategy. Some of us are wise to these antics & unfoolable.

As to your accusation of 'pitchforks', I find you comment rather ridiculous & quite telling as to your loyalties. Since it was Entergy who brought this all on themselves w/no help from anyone & are now experiencing the aftermath, as well as the rest of us as we observe the unravelling & subsequent dismantling.

Entergy was convicted of *THREE* counts of lying-only *ONE* was it found to be a possible misunderstanding.

The entire corporation was also found to have been involved in a deliberate cover up, knowingly & deliberately mislead regulators, legislature-iow-everyone involved as well as NSA, for over a year & a half.

This information came from the investigation by their law firm, MLB, though the version given to the public was redacted. the investigators were privy to the complete version & referred to it in their decision.

This is why House has no reason to revisit the overwhelming vote to close VY on schedule rather than extending the license, & Sentate claims results of investigation validate the vote.
I Know More Than You

Farmington, NH

#17 Dec 5, 2010
northstaridiot wrote:
Entergy was convicted of *THREE* counts of lying-only
"Convicted?" I don't think you know what that word means.

Kindly prove it or wire it shut you crazy old coot.

Hear that? Everyone is laughing AT you.
Cosmic Howdy

AOL

#18 Dec 5, 2010
Didn't Gertrude Stein say... A pipe is a Pipe is a pipe ?????

Noone Is laughing at Northstar.Truth resonates with the man and woman on the street.

There is nothing about this plant and their blantant attempts about rewriting history and facts that is remotely plausable or laughable..

Like we are in a Kalfakesque book. Altho' at times more like Jean Paul Sartre's No Exit.
I Know More Than You

Farmington, NH

#19 Dec 5, 2010
Cosmic Idiot wrote:
Didn't Gertrude Stein say... A pipe is a Pipe is a pipe ?????
Is Sunday the day they let you out of the home?

We really missed your keen insights and astute observations while you were gone.
The Mouth of Shumlin

Northvale, NJ

#20 Dec 5, 2010
not yet paid wrote:
Jay Thayer was only one of the ELEVEN Vermont Yankee employees that have been disciplined by the company as a result of misleading statements, that were made to Vermont public officials over twelve months:
http://vtdigger.org/2010/07/20/report-entergy...
Not exactly "single handed" and the public is not convinced it was a "misunderstanding".
I would disagree, as VP of License Renewal he takes responsibility for everything that was going on and the buck stopped with him. Yes others were disciplined including some pretty "extraordinary" guys as Mike would put it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's some type of company conspiracy. Spectacular mistakes do sometimes happen even from extraordinary people, but time to time extraordinary people are indeed shown to be human with all the failings. That being written, I believe that Vermont is right to have lost trust in Entergy over the entire episode and I put full responsibility on Entergy for this mistake. But maybe, just maybe, there is no dark room where these extraordinary people conspire to hurt Vermont or it's citizenry?

@NSD - I've reported you for abuse. Please don't write defamatory remarks like that again. I'm not sure what I've written now or in the past that would merit me such a diatribe of hatred. I am a human being, not just some internet bot, and I expect some respect for my views even if you disagree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Actor Says Obama Stole His Persona (Nov '13) Jul 14 TheReligionOfPeac... 13
Obama's Top Ten Lies Last Night/ Clinton's Crim... (Jan '16) Jul 14 SandersSoldOut To... 2
Melissa Barratt's family and friends... (Aug '11) Jul 2 her sister 24
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun '16 internet troll 1
Happy Zombie Jesus Day (Apr '15) Jun '16 SDIPN dot Net 25
Seek God And Receive Answers For Your Troubles (Apr '15) Jun '16 Light For All 4
Looking for Guy Who Tried to Sell Heroin To My Kid (Sep '15) Jun '16 Light For All 7

Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vernon Mortgages