Why is HCRS-Brattleboro such a scumba...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike Mulligan

Charlestown, MA

#21 Sep 13, 2010
I hate government functions taken over by provate companies!
Mike Mulligan

Charlestown, MA

#22 Sep 13, 2010
private
Sandy

Bath, ME

#23 Sep 13, 2010
Mike Mulligan wrote:
private
Sometimes it's hard to tease out public from private anymore. It gets more and more confusing, how funding works and who has their hands in the mess, etc.
soother

Charlestown, MA

#24 Oct 15, 2010
i think anyone could say this at anytime. just because a relative had a bad experience does not mean the entire agency is corrupt. it might mean your relative didnt want to hear the truth and got the truth that day. most people dont want solutions to their problems they want enablers to them. your relative may be one of them. anyways good luck to you in your aim to "hound" this person forever. sounds like a worthy project.
Gail

South Royalton, VT

#25 Oct 15, 2010
soother wrote:
i think anyone could say this at anytime. just because a relative had a bad experience does not mean the entire agency is corrupt. it might mean your relative didnt want to hear the truth and got the truth that day. most people dont want solutions to their problems they want enablers to them. your relative may be one of them. anyways good luck to you in your aim to "hound" this person forever. sounds like a worthy project.
I have a close relative that was badly mistreated by HCRS. He had a reputation for being HONEST. HCRS tried to set him up as a "bad guy", for the sake of funding and convenience. I hope somebody does hound that outfit out of business, because I doubt that they have changed very much--maybe superficially.
Scott

Newton Center, MA

#26 Oct 17, 2010
It's kinda like the 'Federal' Reserve in a way- "a quasi-governmental" but actually privately controlled entity, and if you get stuck in the system as a beneficiary of any mental health 'treatment' at such a facility (usually means SSRI drugs pushed on you) then you are basically a ward of the state and a doctor with the agency can have you taken from where you live in the middle of the night and locked in the state hospital. Intimidation etc. and fear of retaliation in this way causes those who are in that trap to keep their criticisms to themselves lest some 'professional' with a rotten prison wardner mentality have you sent away for an 'evaluation' whatever.

"just because a relative had a bad experience does not mean the entire agency is corrupt."
-true soother, just like with the military etc., but nonetheless we should always scrutinize any public servants including quasi-ones, and I agree with the notion that No One Is Free When Others Are Oppressed.
brian

Windsor, CT

#27 Oct 17, 2010
If this outfit is as bad as you all claim why has the state allowed this?
Mike Mulligan

Charlestown, MA

#28 Oct 17, 2010
Because the opaqueness...multiple barriers and a private entity protects the state from being held accountable.

At the end of the day, this system protects the politicians from being held accountable for the care of the vulnerable.
flat lander

United States

#29 Oct 17, 2010
How easy it is to hate the "Berlin Wall" till it came down, now it a status symbol. Are these who "hate the agency" didn't get the free ride they wanted or where they discriminate against or just didn't qualify for. Who set the standards the feds, or state or a medical team. YOUR CRAZY IS NOT MINE SO WHAT AUNT BETTY TOLD YOU ISN'T THE RULE. In my dealings with this agency they interview tested and gave me areas to test and or prove my problems qualified for different degrees of the scale. LIFE SUCKS WHEN YOUR HORSE RUINS THE RIDE.
judith wallen

Middletown Springs, VT

#30 Feb 16, 2013
I do not trust them, went to court had a lawyer who agreed with everything, They have my mentally disabled information. Took him for the week-end out of control, right after that they filled him with promises. He 48 and needs 24/7 and they lied through all the paper work. Now they have him and I"mnot allowed to talk or see him, I can say they are a powerful co. and I need a probono lawyer to help me...\, I should have been represented by my attornney, I was not. I never saw and heard so many lies. They have a vandetta against me, and on it goes. My son has always been close to me, but I cannot give him what they can. Everyone tells me they are filling him with what they want to know so he will not talk to me. I lost guardianship in less then a week. Now they are threatening abuse. The judge only knows what they have said, I never had a chance to speak. So if you know anyone who dares to go aganist them let me know
Naveofkeene

Brattleboro, VT

#31 Feb 16, 2013
TNB wrote:
Not with this outfit, but a similar one I had to intercede on behalf of someone. Really surprised at the rudness/brusqness of some of the "professionals".
Think about it. If they actually have to deal with people who need them they have to work. And they aren't really interested in working. They are just getting in their time to get their pension.

Now fast forward to Obamacare. Instead of profit motivated insurance company people helping you we will have government employees who have no motive to help you at all.
Penny Wise

Cambridge, VT

#32 Feb 16, 2013
judith wallen wrote:
I do not trust them, went to court had a lawyer who agreed with everything, They have my mentally disabled information. Took him for the week-end out of control, right after that they filled him with promises. He 48 and needs 24/7 and they lied through all the paper work. Now they have him and I"mnot allowed to talk or see him, I can say they are a powerful co. and I need a probono lawyer to help me...\, I should have been represented by my attornney, I was not. I never saw and heard so many lies. They have a vandetta against me, and on it goes. My son has always been close to me, but I cannot give him what they can. Everyone tells me they are filling him with what they want to know so he will not talk to me. I lost guardianship in less then a week. Now they are threatening abuse. The judge only knows what they have said, I never had a chance to speak. So if you know anyone who dares to go aganist them let me know
I had a similar experience with my son when he was 15 years old. They follow the money with their decision making, and break the hearts of innocent parents everywhere. My son never came home.
mark

Springfield, VT

#33 Jan 7, 2014
I have to brought HCRS in Spfld into my life to help bridge the gap between me and spfld P&P ( thier really jerks). I wont mention the caseworkers name but I'm worried they'll just make things worse for all of , my wife and children. Is this a real concern or do they reall help people when the chips are down ? answer appreciated asap. thanks.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#34 Jan 7, 2014
This is a phony message.

Somebody bored?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Habitual offender gets 15-24 months in jail (Aug '09) 11 hr dontsleeponme 6
Vermonts new economy (Jun '14) May 25 Community Disorga... 214
News Police Log May 23 Cheddar Cheese 1
Looking for Guy Who Tried to Sell Heroin To My Kid (Sep '15) May 23 Candles 4
We have too many scumbags in town. (Oct '15) May 23 Candles 2
Murder in Brattleboro, 1950 to 1956 (Apr '10) May 23 Candles 35
Marble is still missing, and a year of silence? May 23 Candles 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vernon Mortgages