Why is HCRS-Brattleboro such a scumba...

Why is HCRS-Brattleboro such a scumbag outfit?

Posted in the Vernon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truthful

Peterborough, NH

#1 May 20, 2010
If you defend HCRS, it must mean that you work there.
Truthful

Peterborough, NH

#2 May 20, 2010
I have First Amendment rights to tell the truth here. The TRUTH is what I'm telling!
True BeLIEver

Westland, MI

#3 May 20, 2010
Pretty angry sounding! What, did they fire you? Or bust you doing something with dirt-bag intent?
Truthful

Montpelier, VT

#4 May 21, 2010
True BeLIEver wrote:
Pretty angry sounding! What, did they fire you? Or bust you doing something with dirt-bag intent?
Nope, never worked there. I had a disabled relative who was bullied there. Now I have another disabled relative who has to go under their services and I am worried about how it's going to go.
Truthful

Montpelier, VT

#5 May 21, 2010
An abusive dirtbag at HCRS bullied my vulnerable relative and just because their Human Services friends "covered" for them does not mean that they will get away with it forever. I intend to hound about this for the rest of my life.
Curious

Montpelier, VT

#6 May 21, 2010
Is this a community mental health place?
Truthful

Montpelier, VT

#7 May 21, 2010
Curious wrote:
Is this a community mental health place?
Yes.
Truthful

Montpelier, VT

#8 May 21, 2010
I know that if bullying happened to my loved one, via an HCRS credentialed professional, then it has happened to others. Most are too humiliated to speak up.
TNB

Memphis, TN

#9 May 21, 2010
Not with this outfit, but a similar one I had to intercede on behalf of someone. Really surprised at the rudness/brusqness of some of the "professionals".
Carlota

Stowe, VT

#10 May 22, 2010
TNB wrote:
Not with this outfit, but a similar one I had to intercede on behalf of someone. Really surprised at the rudness/brusqness of some of the "professionals".
Yes, they often cause more mental health problems than they resolve. I think that they create problems so they can keep their jobs.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#11 May 22, 2010
See, the agenda here is, they are the “I am hate the government” guys and I am advertising that you should hate the government too.

They got no intent to fix anything, their intent is to make you hate government too!!!

They are so unworldy and stupid, all they can figure out to do is hate. There is a lot of them around.
Carlota

Stowe, VT

#12 May 22, 2010
Mike, who are you accusing of Hate? Please clarify yourself.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#13 May 22, 2010
You Carlota, everyone who commented here except me.
Carlota

Essex Junction, VT

#14 May 23, 2010
Quite the judgemental one, aren't we?
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#15 May 23, 2010
It all about me?
Carlota

Essex Junction, VT

#16 May 23, 2010
HCRS isn't 100% government, they have a CEO.

Anyway, not everyone at HCRS is a bad guy. There are some nice people who just need their jobs, and they do the best they can within the bureaucratic strictures. But I have had a couple of negative experiences with the not-so-good ones. Those kind cause you to have more mental health problems than you had in the first place!
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#17 May 24, 2010
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20...

May 24, 2010
Frustration grows over downtown Burlington scene

By John Briggs, Free Press Staff Writer
Excerpts:
No one is using the word “emergency,” but the developing tone and texture of downtown Burlington has many people worried — particularly those who have businesses on the Church Street Marketplace...
In front of The Burlington Free Press one morning last week, a rough-looking couple had a loud, expletive-laced argument about walking to a social service agency. Across College Street at the bus stop, two familiar faces shouted ribald advice to the couple.

Two blocks north, near the bus station at Cherry Street, four men in their 20s yelled a conversation sprinkled with obscenities. Shoppers on the street gave them a wide berth. One panhandler, a man in his 30s, asked a passerby for change and then, a minute later, a half-block away, asked again, speaking with slurred speech.“Oh,” he said, when the target told him he’d just said no.“Yeah.” The panhandler continued walking, slowly, spitting toward a trash can and missing.

Such scenes are commonplace. No assertions have surfaced that Burlington’s downtown has become unsafe, but it has become at times unpleasant, merchants say, and may seem threatening to potential shoppers and tourists.
LuvBooks

Pittsford, VT

#18 May 24, 2010
Today I talked to a couple of professional people who work in the social-mental health fields in this area and they say that HCRS is getting better, that they have cleaned up their act quite a bit. Truthful might be talking about something that happened before HCRS started making their changes. These people that I talked to do not work for HCRS, but they know the grapevine.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#19 May 24, 2010
How is HCRS regulated.
jean

Montpelier, VT

#20 Sep 13, 2010
They have a board of directors who allows the CEO carte blanche. This year's lay off victim had worked there 28 years and when the CEO wanted a better "company car" sold the agency his used Audi. Guess he outlived his usefulness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diversity dialogue to continue in Brattleboro Sep 11 Paul Kersey 5
Tellman Knudson (Jun '12) Jul '17 Angela Hernandez 51
Did Anyone Get Kilt In Your Flood (Aug '11) Jul '17 Redneck 7
What Does It Take To Get the Brattleboro Reform... Jun '17 Kay 1
Review: Biologic Integrative Health - Samantha ... (Feb '10) Jun '17 Amy 65
Quick Loan Jun '17 housingfinance 1
News Autopsy results pending: Police ID troopers in ... (Dec '07) May '17 superkim_89 4

Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vernon Mortgages