Blaze at Vermont Yankee office ruled ...

Blaze at Vermont Yankee office ruled arson

There are 31 comments on the BurlingtonFreePress.com story from Sep 20, 2011, titled Blaze at Vermont Yankee office ruled arson. In it, BurlingtonFreePress.com reports that:

BRATTLEBORO - Police and fire investigators have determined that a fire Tuesday at the corporate offices of the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant in Brattleboro was deliberately set.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BurlingtonFreePress.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Fall River, MA

#1 Sep 20, 2011
I didn't think I'd see the Clamshell Alliance act out until VY won the lawsuit.

This isn't your run-of-the-mill trespassing or destruction of property folks. They've committed arson now, a felony. There'll be no "catch and release" this time.
I Know More Than You

Loudon, NH

#2 Sep 21, 2011
Chris Bates wrote:
I didn't think I'd see the Clamshell Alliance act out until VY won the lawsuit.
This isn't your run-of-the-mill trespassing or destruction of property folks. They've committed arson now, a felony. There'll be no "catch and release" this time.
I see the usual band of idiots is pretty quiet, wonder why?
captain obvious

Brockton, MA

#3 Sep 21, 2011
This has destruction of eveidence in a federal trial by employees of Entergy written all over it.
Automaticly laying blame on environmentalists is just a convenient, contemptible distraction.
I heart vermont

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Sep 21, 2011
Why would they wait until after the trial to destroy evidence?
I Know More Than You

Loudon, NH

#5 Sep 21, 2011
captain idiot wrote:
This has destruction of eveidence in a federal trial by employees of Entergy written all over it.
Automaticly laying blame on environmentalists is just a convenient, contemptible distraction.
Wasn't long before the idiots showed up though.

Let see how much "eveidence" was destroyed.

When the truth comes out, you'll just ignore this thread like all the other times I called you up on your bullshiat.
Not Cosmic Howdy

Manchester Center, VT

#6 Sep 21, 2011
The police should start by talking to the nut up in Newfane who has been writing about taking action against VY.
Entergy and spoliation

Brockton, MA

#11 Sep 21, 2011
continued from:http://www.leagle.com/xml Result.aspx?page=3&xmldoc= 1999922168F3d754_1813.xml& docbase=CSLWAR2-1986-2006& SizeDisp=7

..."To evaluate whether an abuse of discretion occurred, it is helpful to explicate how the evidence of the inadvertent destruction of documents was presented to the jury. First, over the objection by Entergy, Caparotta's counsel was allowed to discuss the destruction of documents during his opening statement:
And at this point I have to tell you all about some other evidence that you will hear that bears directly upon Ms. Battiste. That is this. Ms. Masinter had some supervisor's files in which we don't know what was in them. But we believe and common sense dictates they had a great deal of information in them about this entire evaluation process going on from 1991 with Mr. Caparotta. And then in the normal course of discovery, they were to have produced these files by Entergy. But we are not going to be able to show you those files today. We will never be able to show them to you, you will never be able to consider them. The night before we were supposed to get those files, they disappeared. And apparently they no longer exist. Nobody really knows what happened to those files. You'll hear from Entergy's lawyer, in house lawyer, an employee of Ms. Masinter, she was the last person in charge of them, they disappeared from her custody and control out of her office. She doesn't know, she can't say exactly what happened to those files. If she has some ideas, perhaps she doesn't know. She believes they were incinerated at 5:00 o'clock in the morning on the day we were to have gotten them. There was a whole box of documents we were supposed to have produced to us, that documents, boxes of documents contained all sorts of things, his personnel file, his various records from the company and so forth and all of those other records had already been copied, they were copied, somewhere at Entergy, the only missing file, not a copy of in the Human Resource Department at resources, not a copy at the legal office, the files had just gone. Nobody made a copy of those originals, they are gone and gone forever."...

Fall River, MA

#13 Sep 21, 2011
Obfuscation and diversion won't mask a tendency to act with violence.
Entergy and spoliation

Brockton, MA

#14 Sep 21, 2011
Entergy lawers must have wondered if they would have had to pay off Mr. Joseph Caparotta, Jr, had his files been removed or destroyed "by an act of God or the intervention of a stranger, such as a burglar or vandal. "
I Know More Than You

Loudon, NH

#15 Sep 21, 2011
I am a liar wrote:
Entergy lawers must have wondered if they would have had to pay off Mr. Joseph Caparotta, Jr, had his files been removed or destroyed "by an act of God or the intervention of a stranger, such as a burglar or vandal. "
More of your bullshiat.

You will vanish as usual once you are exposed for the ignorant fraud that you are.

Get a new alt dumbass.
Entergy and spoliation

Brockton, MA

#17 Sep 21, 2011
Wow, what a scintillating analysis "I troll more than you"!

Alex

Newton Center, MA

#18 Sep 21, 2011
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your bullshiat.
You will vanish as usual once you are exposed for the ignorant fraud that you are.
Get a new alt dumbass.
SusieQ uses lots of alts, even within her own thread with her nutty conspiracy theory called "A Christian Plot for Domination", nonetheless her prior posts in this thread about the Entergy case and evidence going up in smoke were interesting. I suppose I could have thought of googling 'Entergy' with 'evidence' etc. and found it but she gets the prize for helping out here with that.
I Know More Than You

Loudon, NH

#19 Sep 21, 2011
Entergy and spoliation wrote:
Wow, what a scintillating analysis "I troll more than you"!
I can't compare to your "I can't post a link so I have to fill up three posts with useless shiat" forum expertise.

Why didn't you ever reply to the Fukushima thread where I handed your "expert" his arse? Why do you always change names and run away?

That's right, because you are just another chicken-shiat ignorant anti-nuke.

Since: Mar 10

Little Rock, AR

#20 Sep 21, 2011
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't compare to your "I can't post a link so I have to fill up three posts with useless shiat" forum expertise.
Why didn't you ever reply to the Fukushima thread where I handed your "expert" his arse? Why do you always change names and run away?
That's right, because you are just another chicken-shiat ignorant anti-nuke.
I'd like to think that chicken shit is actually useful, where as anti-nukes... well, not a whole lot of use going on there...
Entergy and spoliation

Brockton, MA

#22 Sep 22, 2011
So, nothing but false claims and name calling, sounds like I have struck a nerve?
I wonder "Mr. Burns", is that your real name, or is that your role on the Entergy team?
Entergy and spoliation

Brockton, MA

#24 Sep 22, 2011
Pointing out Entergy's history concerning destruction of evidence is hardly desperation.
A company that burns it's own internal documents in a thinly veiled attempt to avoid legal action,now that would be desperation...

United States

#25 Sep 22, 2011
Entergy and spoliation wrote:
Pointing out Entergy's history concerning destruction of evidence is hardly desperation.
A company that burns it's own internal documents in a thinly veiled attempt to avoid legal action,now that would be desperation...
It's an honest mistake with paper copies, it happens all the time. Our performance documents are electronic now, and those that aren't are scanned to a PDF and filed.
Entergy and spoliation

Brockton, MA

#26 Sep 22, 2011
I am not sure how many people believe that Entergy's box of legal documents was "accidentally" incinerated the morning before they would have been entered into evidence in this mans trial.
How often do you think boxes labled "evidence" full of legal documents get accidentally incinerated?
It is about as believable as the incident where cobalt 60 was found in the Connecticut river and Vermont Yankee, wishing to avoid an investigation, claimed that they "accidentally left a piece of highly radioactive equipment out in the rain"...
How Irwin ever bought this is beyond me, perhaps He was just "bought" like Mr. Caparotta?
Wake Up Vermont

Lisbon Falls, ME

#27 Sep 22, 2011
Oh I see how this works. So what you are saying here is that regardless of the fact that VY was the vicitm of a hate crime (arson) it's still their fault.
Entergy and spoliation

Brockton, MA

#28 Sep 22, 2011
What I am saying is that it is entirely palusable for a company who has a history of apparent criminal behavior, on a number of fronts, might have burned it's own office in an attempt to avoid legal action and discredit it's opponents.
Perhaps this has more to do with the latest elevated results in test wells Gz 7 and Gz 10 at the top of the tritium plume, than it does with people who do not think nuclear power could ever be made safe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Anyone Get Kilt In Your Flood (Aug '11) Thu Redneck 4
Vermonts new economy (Jun '14) Wed Community Disorga... 184
News Brattleboro: Retreat under investigation by Att... Sep 1 Juliet 2
Topix Helping To Destroy This Forum (Jan '15) Aug 31 Juliet 10
Shumlin Gave Up On Single Payer Health Care (Dec '14) Aug 31 Juliet 13
True Marriage Is...One Man, One Woman Aug 31 Juliet 9
Will California Repent So She Can Get Some Water? Aug 31 Juliet 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vernon Mortgages