Vernon fires police chief

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Citing a list of complaints against the head of Vernon's police department, the Selectboard fired Chief Kevin Turnley effective immediately during a Monday night meeting.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 76 of76
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Everyone knows the game, the state’s attorney did not clean up Vernon years ago, who knows, if they would have ringed chief’s bell a little and the selectman, they would have cleaned up their act. If the state’s attorney would have dinged Vernon, then either Vernon or another town would have dinged the State’s attorney with incompetence and laziness. You know the game, if you won’t narc on me if not asked, then I won’t narc on you. It is a professional courtesy of the town’s police and the state’s attorney to cover each other’s backs....remember we got to cover each other’s backs because it is only us against the criminals.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Mike Mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
All right I admit it, just after I reported to my nuclear fast attack submarine that might have carried nuclear weapons, they diagnosed me with severe schizophrenia. The truth is all submariners are mental illness misfits. This is a progressive and debilitating disease. The CIA and NSA gave me a mental work up, they have been sending me some not FDA approved miracle medicine or pills since then. Surprising everyone, it doubled my IQ and my IQ has trending up since then. Nobody knows how high my IQ will get.
You know, I was going fishing with that....I bet you that is what got everyone rile up. It was a act to mixed it up a little.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Mike Mulligan wrote:
Remember I hold the world record on getting fitness for duty urine testing at Vermont Yankee...an employee in a safety business getting **** tested. The ingredients and chemistry of my schizophrenia pills are constantly updated...they remain undetectable through any know testing methods. I now feel great though.
This whole thing is a NSA project to clean up VY and the nuclear industry. It is your trillions of tax dollars at work for you!
HMMM?
vermonter

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

A vernon resident wrote:
No words can describe the stupidity of the town select board in Vernon. An emergency town meeting should be called to fire all sitting board members and hire a temporary town manager till they can be replaced.
Everyone knows around here knows that this decision was based on personal entanglements not work related issues. Their jobs as selectmen, is to work for the good of the town , not themselves or a few. If you think this wasn't done because of the current issues pending against the town By Chief Turnley, think again. This is nothing short of a personal vendetta!
These select board members have not done one thing positive in the last 4 to 5 years. Their reckless spending of money is beyond the belief of many.
Lets start with the firing of town residences who took care of the cemeteries, and were now paying out of state employees to do the work that actually our Town road crews should do in the summer. Not only does that save the town money but keeps it in the town. We than hired a lawyer , from a different town, when in fact their are many from our own, that could of easily handled the job.Theirs so much crap going on with these members not to mention their behind door sessions which have shown to be out of control. They have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not working for the best of the town or its residents.
If you think for a minute that having sheriffs here will make the grass look greener on the other side, think again! This is a small town where everyone knows everyone. Kevin Turnley may of made some mistakes, but I can guarantee you that not one member on that select board would like their dirty laundry aired , now would you? Like how one among you knew as well of the pedophile . Why are you still sitting in the position your in? Stop throwing stones if you don't want your glass houses to break as well. You should ALL , except one be removed.
Its time to take our town back Vernon, and remove these we entrusted by our own bad judgment to run it.
What you did to Kevin is wrong and the town should not be liable for your personal agendas, you should be out of your own pockets!
Unfortunately for many in these behind door sessions many of us are not aware of what goes on or how they conduct businesses . Why don't these honorable members explain to the town people and others how you pretty much control the goings on and how the police dept is run. Don't forget past employees have friends here too.
Like I said don't throw stones. Its time Vernon calls for an emergency town meeting and fire these people before our tax dollars are consumed by their neglect.
I totally agree with this....
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Thanks iBrat!

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

And the winner is...Vermont again with the highest police misconduct and brutality rates in the nation.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

yep
Loyal

Chelsea, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

The Selectboard fired Chief Turnley by using some bogus charge that he intentionally lied and placed the residents of Vernon in danger. Of course anyone that knows Kevin Turnley, knows that he would never intentionally hurt another person and he has dedicated 20 years (15 with Vernon) to protecting and serving.

Now here's the thing, members of the current and former Vernon Selectboard are supporting VY (spending $10,000 of the taxpayers money to hire a lobbyist) to get re-licensed. Additionally they continue to support the plant despite the fact that they "misrepresented" information regarding the tritium leak, in essence placing the Town of Vernon in danger. Is this selectboard going to continue to back a company that may have mistakenly provided erroneous information that could potentially cause harm to the residents of Vernon (probably as the Chair of the Selectboard works for VY - talk about conflict of interest) or will they hold VY to the same standard as they hold Town Employees?

What they need to do is get their priorities straight and publicly apologize to Kevin Turnley and acknowledge their error in judgment. Their decisions are placing the Town in harms way, maybe they should fire themselves.
In Agreement

Chelsea, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

I totally agree, it's time the board admitted that they screwed up. They did not have the best interest of the Town in mind when they made the huge mistake of firing Mr. Turnley. Like it is not totally obvious that they fired him in retaliation.

They have no problem forking over thousands of dollars to hire a lobbyist in support of Vermont Yankee and yet they won't pay a hard working employee for hundreds of hours of back pay. Mr. Turnley has always had the best interest of Vernon residents in mind. THE BOARD CANNOT SAY THE SAME!!
Another Voice

Chelsea, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Tell me about it, not only did the board authorize payment of taxpayers money to hire a lobbyist, but they also went to Montpelier 1/19 to talk at the statehouse about re-licensing Entergy VY. Then to add insult to injury they charged the mileage to the Town or I should say taxpayers.

What's up with that????
funny

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Wow...it appears the same person is having a conversation with him/herself based on the last 3 posts. Too funny.
Elmer J Fudd

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

funny wrote:
Wow...it appears the same person is having a conversation with him/herself based on the last 3 posts. Too funny.
The really funny part is that it is not Midas.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

hmm?
a year later

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

David Andrews - Vernon wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me what nonsense gets put out on these blogs. The individuals posting should have the courage to accurately state their actual names.'From Vernon' and 'Concerned in Vernon', not willing to put your name where your words are?
The problems with wheelock, Parker, et al have absolutly nothing to do with firing Turnley. Having lived in Vernon for 16 years, having served on the Selectboard and being party to the executive sessions with some of these individuals, and being the assistant Chief of the VFD, I have put my feet where my mouth is. The facts are available for viewing. Have you all read the independant evaluation of the VPD under former Chief Turnley? You can read it at www.vernonvt.org ; the link is on the home page. Also you can see the past minutes of the Selectboard meetings at this site as well as at www.sover.net/~vernontc , look for the town government link.
I received hundreds phone calls and visits from members of the public disgusted at the quality of the police service under Turnleys tenure. Why is there no use of force policy in Vernon? Where is the taser policy? Why has the Chief NEVER sought out a single search in 18 years of police work? Why was I refused information or even a timely return call when a known pedophile moved in two houses down from me? Why does the Windham County DA routinely reject police paperwork from Vernon?
The Windham County Sheriffs office issued 31 traffic tickets on a part time basis in six weeks this fall; the VPD issued 13 on a full time basis over 12 months. What are we paying for? How many broken promises must we endure before the Board decided enough is enough?
When the people in Vernon lose faith in the leadership of the VPD, the leaderrship must change. this is happening.
The comments posted on this blog are drival. Mike Mulligan, do you have any actual facts to add to the discussion, or are you once again just drivaling from the sidelines. I know your history, so your comments don't surprise me.
I'd really like to know how many of you are willing to dedicate your spare time to help your communitities in some real meaningful way instead of just typing meaningless noise on this blog.
Read it so while is Bruce Gauld still here???????
mike mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Elmer J Fudd wrote:
<quoted text>
The really funny part is that it is not Midas.
I miss Elmer?
vernon resident

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

I wonder if Dave Andrews still feels the same today 2 years later, seeings how they screwed him and forced him to resign, same select board he above protected.
Sickofitall

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 76 of76
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vernon Discussions

Search the Vernon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A Christian Plot for Domination (Aug '11) 23 hr God Hates Heterophobes 1,178
Guilford stands by recycling bin removal Mon Flat Lander 3
When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Deny All H... Mon Gott mit uns 83
Russia and the Ukraine Mon GodHates Zionist IsraHELL 36
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) Mon truth 368
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) Mon truth 463
New Hampshire Buying Russian Coal for Generation Jul 16 Importing Mega-Death 2
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Windham County was issued at July 23 at 2:20PM EDT

•••
•••

Vernon News Video

•••
Vernon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••