Cracking down on meth-makers

Jun 22, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Times Record News

A new anti-drug program is starting up in Wilbarger County, according to 46th District Attorney Staley Heatly.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2010
Don Taylor

Bowie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Great program. Way to go!

Since: May 09

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

yeah... we'll see if anything gets done here... seems to me, most cops in these parts are to scared to go inot the flats and out to the other drug covered areas
quanah native

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

if you think vernon is bad try living next door in hardeman county where the sheriffs wife is a meth and loratab abuser(thats right mance,drug test her).
Girl With hairy Arms

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

sheriffs wife ??????
Ronda

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

something needs to be done this town is getting out of hand with the drugs. i love my kids and i dont want this crap near them!!!
Ludicrous

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

Meth is everywhere.Small towns are having trouble with the users and the labs.Rural towns police forces can't handle the problem.The only way to stop meth is make ALL the items used to make it illegal.Then theres the pill pushing doctors ,they need to be stopped along with the meth labs.
Ludicrous

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

Pseudoephedrine,should be illegal without a prescription.Maybe if people wrote to their local state reps and made it clear they want the drug to be a prescription only drug that would help stop a lot of labs.Amphetamines and drugs like Adderall are being bought from other countries and people should not be allowed to do so.But they shop online untill they find the meds they want.
We Need a Task Force

Bowie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

The problem isn't in any certain small town, it is all over the US in small rural towns. Why? Because the police don't have funding to set up tasks forces to deal with the problem. That makes it easy for druggies to get by without being caught. They can sell the drugs on the street corner without any worry of selling to an undercover agent.

The only way we can get close to solving this problems is to (1) make all of the components illegal (like the guy said above), and (2) to fully fund our police departments to deal with the issue.
I P FREELY

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

ther are alot of people that live here(quanah)that buy their dope in vernon.if some of the crack and meth salespeople there would convince our druggies to move to vernon,they would buy less gas meaning they could buy more dope.tremendous boost for vernons economy.and the"rumor"about our sheriffs wife.totally true.martha,you are a dopehead.vernon drug dealers,come get your customers.they are tweeking and scaring our kids.
ConcernedCitizen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

The solution lies in reverting back to our roots. Drugs were not so much a problem until our society began to break down the family unit. It now requires 2 incomes to live and that takes away from the family. Television has 250 channels, satellite radio, MP3 and IPOD players, the internet, video and computer games, etc... the list goes on and on. All of this takes the place of the family. We are a society of excess and the price is an out of control generation, and it's been coming since the 1960's and it just keeps getting worse. Get back to family, get back to God, bring back morals and values, and watch the drug problem disappear.
Agreed

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

We need to make our lives simpler. Stop relying on the TV to raise our kids. Stop sending all our kids to daycare to be raised by someone else. We need parents that will sacrifice some money in order to take care of their kids. Get back to family. I don't agree that families have left God behind. But I do believe that we have slowly left our priorities behind. The priority is to make money. That is why we have two parents working. Instead, lets have one parent, make less money, but have a parent at home RAISING the child and GIVING them VALUES. If we don't change soon, we will slide into nothing.
They address this problem in Europe. There, if you have a child, the woman and the man can take off months to stay home and care for the child. What do we have here in the US? A system that rewards business and work, rather than families.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vernon Discussions

Search the Vernon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr fubar 17,007
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr here you go 21,387
quanah jail 6 hr Taxed Payer 14
Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 11 hr Defiant1 751
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 12 hr Larry Grover 591
dr lane (Nov '13) Mon nurse 70
illegal aliens Jul 20 30 years back 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Vernon People Search