Vernon Mayor gets a 67% pay increase

Vernon Mayor gets a 67% pay increase

Posted in the Vernon Forum

Pepper

Schnecksville, PA

#1 Jan 4, 2012
OK, I thought the change in government in Vernon was supposed to eliminate the need for the $100K+ Township Manager position; but, OH NO instead, the mayor, in addition, to having the Township Manager as his full time assistant, now gets a 67% pay increase. If that wasn't ridiculous enough, the mayor lost his previous position "due to a winter layoff" and chose to take a $30K job, which he CLAIMS to work 80 hours per week. He must be a total idiot! OR are we the idiots that voted him in!! If I could unload my house in this flea bitten town, I would do so in a heartbeat; but, unfortunately, even if you are mortgage-free, Vernon property taxes make our homes totally unsellable!!!
Snow

Vernon, NJ

#2 Jan 5, 2012
He ran his campaign on "I'll be a full time mayor on part-time pay", "I'll do it for $500 a week". It was also said that he gave up a $100,000 a year job for the postion. Now he says it was a $50,000 a year job. He got in and didn't waste time looking for $40,000 but settled for $30,000 (probably knowing full well that in 6 months' time he would go for more). All he's done so far is sink us further into debt. 80 hours? Funny, when I daily pass the Muni Bldg on my way home from work around 3:00, I rarely see his car there. Guess the 80 hours includes his schmoozing and boozing. He's made this change in government a joke. And, more for the council? Pretty good to get another $2000 each for sitting there as Marotta's bobble heads. Only one of them so far has had enough b***s to vote against anything.
Pepper

Schnecksville, PA

#3 Jan 5, 2012
Snow wrote:
He ran his campaign on "I'll be a full time mayor on part-time pay", "I'll do it for $500 a week". It was also said that he gave up a $100,000 a year job for the postion. Now he says it was a $50,000 a year job. He got in and didn't waste time looking for $40,000 but settled for $30,000 (probably knowing full well that in 6 months' time he would go for more). All he's done so far is sink us further into debt. 80 hours? Funny, when I daily pass the Muni Bldg on my way home from work around 3:00, I rarely see his car there. Guess the 80 hours includes his schmoozing and boozing. He's made this change in government a joke. And, more for the council? Pretty good to get another $2000 each for sitting there as Marotta's bobble heads. Only one of them so far has had enough b***s to vote against anything.
Yeah why should have have to be at the municipal building working; he's got his $100K+ per year township manager working for him. Between you and me; however, I would rather have the guy that earns the $100K+ running this God forsaken town than the bobble head that was layed off of a $50K a job and took a $30K job as mayor (sounds like a stupid move to me for a man his age).
joe citizen

Ridgewood, NJ

#4 Jan 5, 2012
its classic Jersey politics at its best!!!
Jersey is one F*&&^% ed up place. I don't understand how you can give him a 67% raise if he only signed on for 30'000. but in jersey if your in the political field, you can do whatever you want. When are we as a people going to take a stand. You and i thought occupy wall street was a joke, but it really wasnt.
Reasons why jersey is a joke. Your ead the paper everyday and see all this corruption going on write in front of your eyes, but nothing ever comes on any of it. it just goes away like so many other things, examples,
-The steroid muscle juicing cop from passaic, he tried to sue his seargent for makeing him take a test for steroids. funny thing is if you look like you are on roids, you probably are. then he gets in other trouble and he is still on the job, i bet u he will go out on 3/4 disabilty like some other jokers in on the force.
-How about the 6 troopers who made 270'000. in overtime last year. Now its not there fault, there just taking what is being given to them. want to no why your tolls have gone thru the roof, look no further than this and all the overtime the port authority racks up.
-How about the hospital in secaucus that is allowed to bill insurance companies 1000% yea I said 1000% more than the average doctor can. because there is some loophole that some scumbag politician snuck into the legislation and now its Ok.
-Want to know why your utilty bills keep going up, cops on the side of the road waching traffic and keeping the public safety. cant blame the cops, they are just taking what is given to them. Heck if i was given the chance to sit around and do nothing for 4 to six hours a day for 3 to 500.00, i would sign up to. its the biggest cash cow that
is the biggest secret in new jersey.
These are all reasons why you taxes are so f*&(ing
high. because politicians are in bed with each other and would never try to go against law inforcement. it will never stop until the people start doing something about it.
Owe did I mention the 1.2 million in unused sick time that some local town has to payout.Now again, i have nothing against the people getting the payout. the system was designed in there favor and there just playing by the rules. the ptoblem is the rules are broken and need to be fixed. How many people in the private sector get sick pay. I no i dont. if I dont use the time, i lose the money and typically i lose money.but for some reason these people think THEY should still be entitled to this nice perk.
Anyway, enough ranting already. Happy f#$%^ing New year, Same S#$%t, different day!!!!!
PEOPLE IN JERSEY NEED TO WAKE UP.
concerned

Schnecksville, PA

#5 Sep 25, 2012
Just though all these comments needed to be brought back up
joe citizen

Ridgewood, NJ

#6 Sep 25, 2012
yea, but is funny how nobody ever posted after me. why because we have just given up....
I would like someone to try and challenge these claims.. anyway, same S(*&t differnt day.
So I guess you agree with me on most of what i said!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comet Management (Nov '06) Aug 11 Bobduncan 372
News NJ Water Park Ride Malfunctions, Injures 5 (Jul '12) Jul '16 Truth 3
Vernon is off to good start. Looking forward to... Jul '16 Guest 2
News Vernon dismantles Environmental Jun '16 Guest 1
Legends Resort (Jan '06) May '16 Ladeda 2,826
What is wrong with Horizon N J Health? Apr '16 Lesley Fairchild 1
Ticks Apr '16 Beth RN 1

Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance