Open Letter to Mayor Marotta Sewer Ra...

Open Letter to Mayor Marotta Sewer Rate Hike - Vernon

Posted in the Vernon Forum

disappointed

Sparta, NJ

#1 Aug 23, 2012
REF: VTMUA and Great Gorge Village

Dear Mayor Marotta:

By now you know the content of the recent VTMUA Meeting this past Monday evening, and have a feel for the degree of disappointment and anger on the part of the residents of Great Gorge Village.

I feel, and it seems the majority of owners as well, that there is something happening here that has the essence of suspicion and underhandedness. The main happening I make reference to is the purchase of the GGV sewage system and other appendages to the ratepayer system from United Water.

Mr. Ursin mentioned in his opening remarks on Monday that the charges to the Township from United Water for the system, then only under Township control. were becoming a heavy burden. Therefore, the owners seem to be reading between the lines that switching the payments by GGV owners from United Water to the Township, and raising the rates dramatically, would relieve this burden. i.e. an entity (GGV) which comprises only 16% of the towns’ population would pay the budget saving share of the Township Sewer bill.

I also respectfully suggest that you used poor judgment in your selection of certain Commissioners to run the “autonomous” VTMUA, particularly its’ Chairman, Edward Rolando. You have mentioned more than once that they receive no compensation from the Township for their service. When one asks, what benefits are being realized as a result of VTs’ ownership of the Sewer System?... and you know that Mr. Rolando is:(a) directly connected to: the ownership of Earth-Tec, a major Excavation Contractor,(b) is on the Board of Directors of Highland Bank which has connections to the Township,(c) and is one of the partners, along with at least one other Commissioner on VTMUA, in an entity called “THETA 456” which made the one and only proposal on the 30 unit senior complex, wouldn’t one feel that one now has some idea of the potential huge benefits to be derived???

This whole situation reeks of suspicion and does the Township a great dis-service. I would appreciate your reply within your busy schedule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $9,000 sewer bill raises concerns in Sussex (Jul '09) May 7 Donna kaptetanakis 21
Legends Resort (Jan '06) May 2 Paul S 3,058
David Southard (Feb '17) Apr '18 Marvin 3
News New Sussex Symphony announces concert Mar '18 Irritated 1
Curb your dog (Apr '10) Feb '18 Slwash 34
News Business people see 'high times' ahead if NJ le... Feb '18 easystreet100 2
Gas leak Jan '18 fiteme 2

Vernon Jobs

Personal Finance

Vernon Mortgages