Taxpayer group targets Vernon raises

Feb 5, 2012 Full story: New Jersey Herald

Members of the Vernon Taxpayers Association have started a petition to repeal the pay hike for Vernon's mayor, council and non-union employees that was passed at the Jan.

Full Story
joe

Caldwell, NJ

#1 Feb 6, 2012
I think sally rinker said it best,
he knew the salary coming in and now
he wants to double it. Its pretty simple,
if u let him do this, what else can go thru.
lets send a message and not let it happen.
otherwise its just jersey politics at its best.
TMM

Highland Lakes, NJ

#2 Feb 6, 2012
The reason i didnt vote for the mayor was because he said it was a part time job, thats when i knew he was just full of $hit! He should just step down and let someone who wants to do the job do it! We are all taking pay cuts, he should be NO different, specially when WE pay him! This is a no brainer!
Hank

Warwick, NY

#3 Feb 12, 2012
So now today Sunday Feb 12th I read in the NJ Herald that the Vernon police Dept was sent to the A&P to stop the accumlitation of tax payers signature to block the mayors and his cronies salary increase. The Chief, Roy said"The A&P manager objected to them being there. I have lived in Vernon for 42 years and it's the first time that has ever happen.So here is my take. The mayor called Montvale A&P head quarters and complained. Instead of teling him they were in the food business and not the business of politics they chose to do other wise. Not a good move for a company that is about to come out of Bankruptsy. A fore the mayor he is an old died in the wool REthuglican and you couldn't expect much more. The people of Vernon put their faith in him to do the right thing because of his previous experience in government. Even knowing his not so stellar pass I gave SAlly a fly buy and voted for him bacause I thought he had more experience having been a past Mayor of this town. Mr. Mayor that won't happen again. I know a lot of people who feel the same way. I can't wait for the next election.
JAC

Clifton, NJ

#4 Feb 14, 2012
It's sad to see the public sector continue to fleece the tax payer like this...also a shame to see police dept's all over the country attempt to side with politicians to surpress our constitutional rights...they are clearly not understanding their oath...I took a similar oath in the military to protect & defend the constitution above all things, and not a bloated public system and corrupt politicians...it's also a shame to see the republican party fall to where it is over the past 11 years...now they have joined the democrats in fleecing the tax payer, for the gain of the very few...it's time for major change in Vernon's system as well as our nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Vernon students collaborate on school photog... Jan 22 Zach 1
Review: Viridian Energy - Marketing (Aug '10) Jan 19 newflame17 229
What will replace Arby's Jan 17 YUMYUM 5
Rajputs are illegitimate sons of kshatriya (Dec '11) Dec 28 shailesh singh 77
Free Online Training & Certificate Offered in M... (Dec '09) Dec 25 ASJS3117 42
Cable Provider Dec '14 Guest speaker 7
Comet Management (Nov '06) Dec '14 resident 312

Winter Storm Watch for Sussex County was issued at January 25 at 5:00AM EST

Vernon News Video

Vernon Dating