disgusted

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

this entire thread is why i don't believe in buying something you don't own outright. if you're going to spend this kind of money for a vacation, you might as well wait and buy a piece of real estate.
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

try the nudist camp on holland mountain road in stockholm instead.
Lulee

Parsippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

In March 2012 there was fire that wiped out much of the hotel side. At that time, a body was found on the fifth floor (not sure if that is the time share side but it is the timeshare floor). There were about 35 people living at the hotel at the time. The hotel/timeshare has been closed since.
Jim From Andover

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Steve from Bloomingdale wrote:
Shelly - that happens to me as well, it sometimes flips my location around.
I haven't seen the financial page - and it seems also that people are giving up on this thread - and Legends ever giving timeshare owners a fair turn.
Hello Steve,
I'm the guy who kicked this off at the begining askinG if anyone heard anything new regarding Legends. I paid off my loan for this piece of junk many years ago but never paid maintenance fees for obvious reasons. I think all of us should get together in the afterlife and have a good laugh... kind of like the last episode of LOST. Good luck to you and all of us.
Joe Parsippany

Madison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

In 1990 I bought a hotel unit from what was then Seasons Resort. I still to this day own the unit, but like all of you, have been screwed. For the heck of it, I decided to call Legends tonight and see if I could rent a room to go skiing. The girl said no, they don't rent rooms anymore, but I could buy a timeshare. Once I told her that I was an owner of a unit, she told me she couldn't really talk to me and I'd have to call back tomorrow to talk to someone else. How on earth can this place operate the way they do???
Ladeeda

Monmouth Junction, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

This doesn't make any sense, the property had a fire, boarded up doors and the place is falling apart. It isn't renting hotel rooms and still selling timeshares? People are living there? How do they cook? Who are the people living there and who is paying their rent?

Something is very fishy going on as to why the Board of Health doesn't close it down or why the City doesn't request they renovate it or shut down. Last I heard they are looking for a buyer.

Since: Jan 13

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Hi all, well I called Fla. and spoke with Mr Brian Turner. I am paying $500 for the paperwork and am doing a quick claim deed. I will no longer own this NIGHTMARE ON ELMSTREET. He may be able to help you switch to another property if you ant to keep the timeshare. Call the collections dept.and ask for Brian...he is well aware of this situation. Good luck!
Steve from Bloomingdale

Riverdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Jim From Andover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Steve,
I'm the guy who kicked this off at the begining askinG if anyone heard anything new regarding Legends. I paid off my loan for this piece of junk many years ago but never paid maintenance fees for obvious reasons. I think all of us should get together in the afterlife and have a good laugh... kind of like the last episode of LOST. Good luck to you and all of us.
Oh I remember!

I'm considering doing a quit claim on this as well - we've done a few trades and whatnot to try to offset the cost of the maintenance, but it was never what we wanted it to be - a place to stop and relax after skiing at Hidden Valley or Mountain Creek. It remains as one of my worse mistakes to get involved there.
Marla

Riverside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

We tried to do a quick claim deed about two years ago, but Legends would not accept it. If someone is recently successful with this, would you please let me know? I now have a 2 year old son and the thought of having this potential debt hang over all our heads makes me sick. My husband bought this before he new me and all we want at this point is out.
X p-boy bunny

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Organize,bring your concerns,and fill the room at a town council meeting.
Way Reg

Montclair, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

When is the town council meeting?
Howthingschange

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

There is one tonite at 7.30 at the Municipal Center, Church Street at 7.30 and one on Thursday at one of the schools also at 7.30 I believe, Go to the Vernon Municipal website for details.
Steve from Bloomingdale

Butler, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Rani - what exactly is Brian doing for you. I'm curious.....
Ladeeda

Monmouth Junction, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

For those who paid in full, why would you pay and do a quick claim?
Call the number on the maintenance bill and they will tell you that you don't have to pay maintenance fees and they don't expect you to. I think they continue to bill in order to track losses.
But, you can use your week with Interval International and exchange it for that year. As a matter of fact I got extra weeks when exchanging with II during special promotions. The only thing you will need to do is pay the maintenance for the year you are exchanging and pay a membership fee to II. That is no difference than if you owned any other timeshare. Most timeshare owners are sorry they bought in as well. Yes it would be nice if the Legends was the destination we all thought it would be, but it isn't so either take the loss and pay another $500 for a quick claim so you can move on... or work with what you got and go to the Pocono for short stay, week, or exchange anywhere you want to go on vacation.
Wendy

Manlius, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

My parents bought into this timeshare years ago. They never used it, and neither did we! Since my dad's passing we have this last thing that is part of the estate and we're trying to figure out what we do with it, now, if anything.

Does anyone have the latest info on the status of the lawsuit? Is there any chance of reclaiming any money? And how do you sell shares in a defunct organization so that you do not go into bankruptcy?
Wendy

Manlius, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Ladeeda wrote:
For those who paid in full, why would you pay and do a quick claim?
Call the number on the maintenance bill and they will tell you that you don't have to pay maintenance fees and they don't expect you to. I think they continue to bill in order to track losses.
But, you can use your week with Interval International and exchange it for that year. As a matter of fact I got extra weeks when exchanging with II during special promotions. The only thing you will need to do is pay the maintenance for the year you are exchanging and pay a membership fee to II. That is no difference than if you owned any other timeshare. Most timeshare owners are sorry they bought in as well. Yes it would be nice if the Legends was the destination we all thought it would be, but it isn't so either take the loss and pay another $500 for a quick claim so you can move on... or work with what you got and go to the Pocono for short stay, week, or exchange anywhere you want to go on vacation.
----------

Laleeda, how did you get them to recognize your timeshare in The Legends? I just called I.I. and they couldn't locate our information at all -- and no one responds at The Legends management phone number. I like your option. I have no problem paying $100 and then getting a discounted condo for rent.... if that's all it takes until they settle this legally. We wasted an awful lot of money to get nothing at all out of it.
stephen poirier

Succasunna, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Wendy wrote:
My parents bought into this timeshare years ago. They never used it, and neither did we! Since my dad's passing we have this last thing that is part of the estate and we're trying to figure out what we do with it, now, if anything.
Does anyone have the latest info on the status of the lawsuit? Is there any chance of reclaiming any money? And how do you sell shares in a defunct organization so that you do not go into bankruptcy?
is there a law suite going on that im not aware of? i need to be in as well
Ladeeda

Monmouth Junction, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

There is no "class action" lawsuit, some time ago (4 or 5 years ago) there was an attorney looking into it but that interest faded away and nothing. Generally, that happens if the attorney feels they can make a large sum of money because it cost plenty to file and bring to court. Other's had private individual lawsuits to get out of their contract and still others settle for a "quick claim". I believe there is no money to gain on a lawsuit and I am surprised the resort is able to operate without operating as a full functioning resort. It continues to decay and there have been so many incidents. Last I spoke with a Legends person, over a year ago I was told they were looking for investors. Who knows, that might happen one day. In the meantime, since my unit is paid in full I have leveraged what I have by paying the year maintenance I will to deposit with II and trading the week to go to Florida or anywhere else. I have been able to gain two weeks by splitting my 2BR and also gained a 3rd week during an II promotion. If you want to get setup with the trade, you will have to get someone from Legends on the phone and tell them to set you up with II. That can be a challenge since Lorraine is no longer with them, but be persistent. If no luck, call the phone number on the maintenance bill you receive (call during normal business hours) and ask them for the contact at Legends. They have someone who they communicate with regarding the billing. Also ask them about the billing. They will tell you they don't expect you to pay it, but if you want to trade with II you will have to pay the current year's bill. Before you pay the current year (only pay the current year) ask for assistance in having the week banked with II and becoming a II member. I did it about two years ago so I am not sure how they are doing it now. Post your experience here for others.
lulu

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Been there, done that, many many times over the years. No help what so ever
Way Reg wrote:
When is the town council meeting?
lulu

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Wiki actually has a really good summary of activity and where timeshare owners stand at this time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_Resort_%...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vernon Discussions

Search the Vernon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Grannie Tue amanuenses 2
girls from vths dies in town; but, does anyone ... (Mar '12) Jul 17 Philip Metz 17
Free Online Training & Certificate Offered in M... (Dec '09) Jun '14 tejeswari 36
West Milford Hewitt Newfoundland NJ Jun '14 donnacook66 1
Charge: Illegal alien raped 13-year-old girl in... Jun '14 Rip 7
Rajputs are illegitimate sons of kshatriya (Dec '11) Jun '14 raghavendra rajbhar 75
Sussex teen fights mandatory rule to dehorn goats Jun '14 Zane 1
•••
•••

Vernon News Video

•••
•••

Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Vernon People Search