Legends Resort
Ladeeda

Anderson, IN

#2786 Sep 10, 2012
Diane, Let us know if you get any bites on that offer.
Cheer

North Westchester, CT

#2787 Sep 25, 2012
I've been following this thread for a while since our vacation last year to Crystal Springs. After a round of golf at Wild Turkey, we decided to take a drive around and check out what "Legends" was, as it was on the map provided by Crystal Springs. Driving up there, seeing it, we couldn't figure out what the heck it was and why it appeared to be "open", as there were signs of life on the balconies, but every entrance we saw was closed and the hotel looked dilapidated. We googled it when we got back to the hotel and I found this whole situation to be unfortunate, but fascinating. I've been following this thread ever since. I've even found a facebook page maintained by previous employees of the playboy club. The history at this place is awesome.

So at our vacation this year, I just had to get a closer look. We drove up and I peered in the windows. The lower level rooms all look like vacant hotel rooms...bare mattresses, furniture askew, doors to the hallway open. Most doors were marked "Floor Closed".

When I saw the "Main Entrance" for "Residents/Visitors" , I got up the courage to go in. The "lobby" had two glass showcases with fall displays, scarecrows, foliage, it was lovely. The lady at the desk practically came running out to ask what I wanted. I clearly did not belong. When asked what the place was, she responded "This is a timeshare hotel". I wanted to reply "Are you kidding me?" But I politely thanked her and promptly left. It was clear that she was going to make sure that I left.

I wonder though, if I had said "Okay, I'd like a room please" what would have happened!

The place is fascinating...but definitely creepy.
Cindy S

Riverdale, NJ

#2788 Nov 14, 2012
Does anyone know what is going on regarding the class action suit brought by timeshare owners? What is the status of this property? What is it being used for? Is the township doing anything? We are timeshare owners with a totally useless investment. Can't use it, can't trade it, can't sell it. Some laws must have been broken in this deal.
STEPHEN

Brooklyn, NY

#2789 Nov 14, 2012
i agree with you Cindy, seems that ALL timeshare owners are just sitting on their hands. this place looks like a bomb hit it. we were all taken in what seems to be a scam and no one want to fix this problem we should all get our money back PLUS all maintenance fee's we had put out since they never used that money to fix one thing. i bet who ever took all our money is sitting pretty somewhere laughing at us all.
joe citizen

Ridgewood, NJ

#2790 Nov 14, 2012
Cindy and steve, People are laughing at you.take
time and read this thread. It will tell you everything you want to know. But yes it seams like
you are all screwed.
STEPHEN

Brooklyn, NY

#2791 Nov 19, 2012
hey Joe i have been reading this thread for 4-5 years now so i do know whats going on so don't tell me i don't know whats going on. ive visited this shit hole many times and see it just rotting away. when was the last time you went there? when was the last time you tried to do something about all the money people got screwed out of? are you one of the owners? if not then please go read a different thread.
Shelly

Portland, OR

#2792 Nov 26, 2012
Anyone get a new bill with the enclosed financial page that shows all their expenditures? Are they kidding?!!
Shelly

Portland, OR

#2793 Nov 26, 2012
I am not in Hillsboro, OR.(Where did that come from?) I was living in NJ when I sadly bought this timeshare and live in ID now.
Steve from Bloomingdale

Butler, NJ

#2794 Dec 9, 2012
Shelly - that happens to me as well, it sometimes flips my location around.

I haven't seen the financial page - and it seems also that people are giving up on this thread - and Legends ever giving timeshare owners a fair turn.
Ladeeda

Monroe Township, NJ

#2795 Dec 10, 2012
I read the financial, how do they get the nerve to budget for items expenses and services they do not deliver. Isn't there a law against that. We just spent a weekend at Split Rock Lodge in the Poconos, it is going through restructuring but what a great place with the indoor water park. I thought about how great the Legends could be and it is awful that it is deteriorating all these years. I think we are all wishing someone would put an infusin of money into it and get it operating like the Split Rock Lodge. Not Gold Resort but clean and nice enough for a family weekend.
Dustin

Flanders, NJ

#2796 Dec 22, 2012
Cheer. When I read your post I had to reply. My family and I used to stay up there when Legends was Seasons Resort. Ever since then, the early 90s, I had been dying to see what that odd place was up to. I found it much the same way you did, in poor shape, but with clear signs of people LIVING there. There was a fire there too recently on one of the balconies. NO ONE who works there wants anyone to know about the place, and I myself was aggressively questioned by a maintenance guy in the lobby-after getting tons of pictures of the other floors, including the first floor and its wing of completely demolished rooms with exposed wiring and leaking pipes.

I found the facebook page too, but was soon kicked off by one of the administrators because he thought I was some sort of conspiracy theorist for wondering why the place maintains cameras and advertisements, but clearly looks defunct. The township is heavily involved in the place's continuation, and I personally feel someone is getting a backroom deal from all this with Legends and Matarie Corp. the company that owns legends.
scully

United States

#2797 Dec 22, 2012
dustin, if you are willing to share those pictures, i would very much like to see them.i can give you my email.
Steve from Bloomingdale

Butler, NJ

#2798 Dec 23, 2012
Definitely share them - maybe the legend owner's united page can be updated?
Steve

Hamburg, NJ

#2799 Dec 28, 2012
I live nearby and would certainly take photos for anyone interested.

Its bad and certainly NOT a vacation spot but i would not go as far as to say its unliveable. It snowed about 8 inches over christmas and they plowed all the roads there right away. It doesnt really look unsafe but its depressing. Looks like a project basically more than a hotel. Seems like the current residents are people down on their luck and just using it as a temporary place. There were several christmas decorations on the outside so people are clearly there for some time.

The lobby had some seasonal decorations set up when i glanced in and there were people watching the facility. The person was nice to me when i just said i was looking around personally but i didnt have a camera and questioning or what it sounds like some other people. The golf course is still very well kept and is popular in the summer
scully

United States

#2800 Dec 29, 2012
Steve, I would be very interested in any photos you or anyone else would like to share. I have been following this thread as well as the legends owners united page for some time now. although i am not an owner, i do have some interest in that property. the last photos i've seen date back to 2008. from what i understand,you cannot get inside the place,there seems to be employees working but they don't want anyone in there. i can be reached at: [email protected]
Justin

Dover, NJ

#2801 Dec 31, 2012
Hey all. I live relatively close and have always been fascinated by this place. First off, sorry to all the timeshare owners. It's just disappointing that something with potential could be bad. About 7 years ago, they were actually renting out the pool indoor and out to people that wanted somewhere to go swimming. I don't know if anyone was aware of that. My girlfriend was a member and i just remember how creepy but nostalgic that place was. Saw a youtube video someone posted after trying to show someone how ridiculous that place has become. It seems like it's still in about the same condition as it is now.

lol

Newton, NJ

#2802 Dec 31, 2012
I know the rooms are currently rented out on a monthly basis to people. I know someone who currently lives there. The seem to be paying rent to a specific person per floor. Not to a main agency or anything like that. The whole thing is fishy and a shame it has become so run down. Nothing is updated and it smells heavily of mold and mildew. It is definitely not the ideal living environment. It seems to be a long term rental space for people down on their luck..
Jeff

Allentown, PA

#2803 Jan 6, 2013
Bro_Errol wrote:
I was thinking of paying my maintenance fees 5 years ago but decided to check the place out before I do so. I was in shock as the pictures shown. I finally decided that I was not going to pay any fees. The bills are still coming.
Bro...have they threatened your credit rating since you stopped paying?
rani139

East Stroudsburg, PA

#2804 Jan 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Bro...have they threatened your credit rating since you stopped p aying?
I would also like to know. I am an owner and stopped paying in 2003. I guess Metairie located me recently, as I am in the process of fixing my credit. They want $16,000! Like THAT'S going to happen!!! I think my money will be better spent on an attorney.
Ladeeda

Anderson, IN

#2805 Jan 9, 2013
Have you called the number on the maintenance bill and ask them about the maintenance fees? They are not reporting it to credit agencies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heroin overdoses in vernon nj (Jun '10) Apr 24 John 10
News Police: West Milford man exposed himself to juv... Apr 20 willstebs 1
Searching for someone Apr 2 Dawn H 1
Comet Management (Nov '06) Mar '17 PharmerBern 374
Taco Bell? (Apr '13) Mar '17 Skpper 10
1st grade teacher having an affair with student... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Irnwrkr 177
corrupt vernon police (Jan '07) Feb '17 Condodweller 23

Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vernon Mortgages