Legends Resort
Antisoc

Glenwood, NJ

#2705 Jun 10, 2011
Old Andy owned the original Vernon Valley ski resort, then sold it off to Mountain Creek..then the lodge burned down...and was rebuilt with inflatables that were only supposed to be there for 2 years according to town zoning plans..Why didn't Andy keep VV the first time..why did he sell it off...Mountain Creek invested heavily into the resort...Now Andy wants Legends to merge into the new ski resort. Plans are to move Rt 94 down near the tracks, and rt 94 becomes a private road for movement between the resorts.

I've seen the future plans..the new resort building is nothing like whats in the plans for Vernon... wait to you see whats going to be built along side rt.94
joe citizen

Ridgewood, NJ

#2706 Jun 12, 2011
what is supposed to be built there?
Andy was rather smart, he let intrawest
invest millions and then bought the mountain
back for a fire sale.
I am interested to see some of the coming changes
to the area. Hopefully legends will be a part
of that and then you people can have something worth trading.
I guess will see.
Shamwow

Glenwood, NJ

#2707 Jun 22, 2011
I was IN legends the other day. Oy vay man. What a dump. You cant even go in the front entrance anymore. People live there. How in the world do people LIVE in there? One whole side of it is shut down.
Steve from Bloomingdale

Brooklyn, NY

#2708 Jul 4, 2011
I was thinking of taking a trip up over this 4th of July weekend. Still curious as to what it looks like in person.
Steve from Bloomingdale

Brooklyn, NY

#2709 Aug 15, 2011
Anybody stop by recently? Any surprises?
Robin from Vernon

Newton, NJ

#2710 Aug 17, 2011
Steve from Bloomingdale wrote:
Anybody stop by recently? Any surprises?
There was an article in the NJ Herald several weeks ago that mentioned that there was a potential sale of Legends in the making!
Denise

Ridgewood, NJ

#2711 Aug 17, 2011
Robin, do you remember about how many weeks ago. I would like to try to look that up on line since I live in Bergen County and do not get that newspaper.

Thanks.
Robin from Vernon

Newton, NJ

#2712 Aug 17, 2011
Here it is, Denise. It's about half way down to 3/4 down the article about our new mayor.

http://www.njherald.com/story/news/8-1Marotta...
Judy from Oakland

Elizabeth, NJ

#2713 Aug 17, 2011
I wonder what that means for us? Any ideas?
Lisa

Dover, NJ

#2714 Aug 17, 2011
I think they left off some zeros talking about a potential 5 year construction project??$100,000 is an addition on a home.

"He said "very exciting" things are on the horizon for the Legends property, including a potential sale.

Legends, the site of the former Playboy Club, is currently advertised as a hotel and time-share community, though the site has seen its better days.

"It's a problem for our community on many, many fronts," Marotta said, citing the 2008 murder of David Haulmark on Legends' grounds.

"The owner of Legends is presently engaged in negotiations with a potential buyer," he said.

If the sale is made, the result could be a $100,000 construction project in the next five years, Marotta said."
Steve from Bloomingdale

Brooklyn, NY

#2715 Sep 10, 2011
Lisa wrote:
I think they left off some zeros talking about a potential 5 year construction project??$100,000 is an addition on a home.
"He said "very exciting" things are on the horizon for the Legends property, including a potential sale.
Legends, the site of the former Playboy Club, is currently advertised as a hotel and time-share community, though the site has seen its better days.
"It's a problem for our community on many, many fronts," Marotta said, citing the 2008 murder of David Haulmark on Legends' grounds.
"The owner of Legends is presently engaged in negotiations with a potential buyer," he said.
If the sale is made, the result could be a $100,000 construction project in the next five years, Marotta said."
Well, they could purchase the site, burn it down, then build a shed for 100k ! I do wonder how us "owners" (I quoted that, since when you own nothing you're not really in ownership of anything!) will be handled on a transaction like this.
Denise

Ridgewood, NJ

#2716 Sep 12, 2011
Thanks, Robin.
Ladee

East Brunswick, NJ

#2717 Oct 19, 2011
Anyone know if the engagement between the owner of Legends and the potential buyer went south or what?
Would like something to happen to that place whereas the timeshare owners can use it. How about the new mayor, is he continuing on a positive road?
Diane

Phoenix, AZ

#2718 Oct 23, 2011
Do any of you think it would do any good to have
a representative of the "owners" contact the new mayor?
Ed from Summit

Union, NJ

#2719 Nov 18, 2011
Drove by today - front entrance closed for construction - none going on. Could not even find a way to get in. Everything is crumbling - only a few cars in the parking lots if you want to call them that. I think the whole building should be condemned.
Robin from Vernon

Newton, NJ

#2720 Nov 19, 2011
I heard from a reliable source that Mulvihill may be buying back Legends and the indoor water park will be built. I don't know what the ramifications for timeshare owners would be, but it certainly wouldn't be worse! His new ski Lodge is looking stunning....
feduptoo

Sparta, NJ

#2721 Nov 25, 2011
I always thought Legends should be the art center.
Movies, top rate performances like SOPAc, or NJPAC.
The train can have a stop at 517 and 94 with a shuttle. A natural. Won't have to destroy any more nature. It's alreay cut through. Just a dream....
That said, the realitly, the owners of Legends and the ski resort are bad news. All they do is destroy land. They have no taste. They will sink the entire town they also own most of, and have in the past. Look at the upsurge in complaints of those reviewing the services for these resorts.
Who has any hope for something good. Bah!
Sue- Hamburg

Blairstown, NJ

#2722 Dec 22, 2011
just call I.I.
pay your current maintenance fees
deposit your week and trade it
that is what we have been doing since 2009
everything worked out just fine
we have not paid any of the back fees and will never pay them
No one is asking for it to be paid
take advantage of the fact you can still deposit and trade while you can
Who knows what the future of Legends holds.
Starr

Glendale, AZ

#2723 Dec 23, 2011
What's going on with all of the "renovations" at
Legends?
From Vernon

Newton, NJ

#2724 Dec 27, 2011
What renovations? The only activity I see is pipeline related.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $9,000 sewer bill raises concerns in Sussex (Jul '09) May 7 Donna kaptetanakis 21
David Southard (Feb '17) Apr '18 Marvin 3
News New Sussex Symphony announces concert Mar '18 Irritated 1
Curb your dog (Apr '10) Feb '18 Slwash 34
News Business people see 'high times' ahead if NJ le... Feb '18 easystreet100 2
Gas leak Jan '18 fiteme 2
corrupt vernon police (Jan '07) Jan '18 Jim 27

Vernon Jobs

Personal Finance

Vernon Mortgages