mike from west milford nj

Scotch Plains, NJ

#2454 Feb 5, 2010
the reason local people like my wife and I purchased there was because we could use the facility, pool,gym,tanning when ever we wanted and still use time share as trade off. At the time it seemed like a good thing, how wrong were we.
sue

Andover, NJ

#2455 Feb 8, 2010
WELL, We paid the 2010 maintenance bill, joined II 2 yrs for 1 and deposited. We are now deciding where to go.....someplace nice just in case it all falls thru next year.
Starr

Phoenix, AZ

#2456 Feb 8, 2010
sue wrote:
WELL, We paid the 2010 maintenance bill, joined II 2 yrs for 1 and deposited. We are now deciding where to go.....someplace nice just in case it all falls thru next year.
Did you only pay the 2010 bill or did you have to pay all of the back fees?
sue

Sparta, NJ

#2457 Feb 10, 2010
we paid 2010, then last week 2009..as you had to pay that in order to be regarded as in "good standing" with the home resort in order to join II and deposit.
So we did....as far as prior fees, they were waived or put on hold as I was told by the collection dept. No decision had been made as to what will transpire with that, but at this time...it is not owed...so we'll give it a shot and go somewhere, better than just wasting it.
Starr

Phoenix, AZ

#2458 Feb 10, 2010
sue wrote:
we paid 2010, then last week 2009..as you had to pay that in order to be regarded as in "good standing" with the home resort in order to join II and deposit.
So we did....as far as prior fees, they were waived or put on hold as I was told by the collection dept. No decision had been made as to what will transpire with that, but at this time...it is not owed...so we'll give it a shot and go somewhere, better than just wasting it.
Thanks for answering so soon. I don't remember us getting any ifo on II though. Do you have an address and phone number for them?
sue

Newton, NJ

#2459 Feb 14, 2010
I will look for the info and post it tomorrow

We exchanged out legends week for a week in Virginia Beach, on the beach....2 bedroom unit in May...Looking forward to a great time

Since: Feb 07

Forked River, NJ

#2461 Feb 21, 2010
Did anyone see this article about Vernon Township?
I wonder if there might be hope if we pursued this with the state attorney general now?
http://www.topix.com/city/vernon-nj/2010/02/s...
NJLE

Herndon, VA

#2462 Feb 22, 2010
Vernon twp doesn't care about Legends, they will do nothing about the conditions there or do anything for the owners of the timeshares. The state attorney is even less interested. Owners will have to bite the bullet and admit you lost money and get over it.

Even with a new town council they have more problems to worry about then time shares at a homeless shelter.
sue

Newton, NJ

#2463 Feb 22, 2010
NJLE wrote:
Vernon twp doesn't care about Legends, they will do nothing about the conditions there or do anything for the owners of the timeshares. The state attorney is even less interested. Owners will have to bite the bullet and admit you lost money and get over it.
Even with a new town council they have more problems to worry about then time shares at a homeless shelter.
Just how do you determine this is now a homeless shelter...It really isn't.
Was there on Sat. for a swim birthday party. Lots of activity, people checking in, skiers etc. Seems like things are picking up. Main areas of nicely kept and all the guests (parents) of the kids at the swim party were so please considering the crap they have read in the papers....
Jim from Andover

Sparta, NJ

#2464 Feb 22, 2010
sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how do you determine this is now a homeless shelter...It really isn't.
Was there on Sat. for a swim birthday party. Lots of activity, people checking in, skiers etc. Seems like things are picking up. Main areas of nicely kept and all the guests (parents) of the kids at the swim party were so please considering the crap they have read in the papers....
Sue,
This is really interesting news. I will have to take a ride up there and see for myself. I hope you are correct.
sue

Blairstown, NJ

#2465 Feb 23, 2010
Jim from Andover wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue,
This is really interesting news. I will have to take a ride up there and see for myself. I hope you are correct.
we stop in from time to time as we only live about 6 minutes from there. Haven't seen much activity until this past weekend. We were surprised. The couple who was heading to the elevators had 2 young kids with them and they were please with how things looked...There weer also 2 or 3 other families there using the pool area. I cannot speculate as to weather they were in for the weekend or what but they were pleasant and their kids joined in the fun with my granddaughters birthday celebration. Made for a nice day..Regardless of what, we paid 20 and 10 fees, and got our exchange in place for Va Beach....at the Beach Quarters on 5th St.looks like a nice place..most of Va Beach timeshares a really wonderful..
Kevin

United States

#2466 Mar 1, 2010
Anyone else get an email from Star Island offering to trade 100% equity in Legends timeshare in exchange for purchase in FL resort +$5k & $500 closing fees? Interesting to say the least! I did reply & upon details of response I will post..
Denise from Wood Ridge

Ridgewood, NJ

#2467 Mar 1, 2010
Yes, I received it, too. Sounds fishy to me so I did not reply.
Jim from Andover

Califon, NJ

#2468 Mar 1, 2010
Kevin wrote:
Anyone else get an email from Star Island offering to trade 100% equity in Legends timeshare in exchange for purchase in FL resort +$5k & $500 closing fees? Interesting to say the least! I did reply & upon details of response I will post..
Thanks for the info. Yes please let us know what happens.
kathleen

Ridgewood, NJ

#2469 Mar 1, 2010
did not receive an e-mail. but did receive an offer to join this ll resort for trading and depositing timeshare. I have not paid any mortgage or maintenance fees for a long time, so now I have some thinking to do. This whole experience has been very painful. what a waste of money. This guy should be in jail with madoff.
Starr

Phoenix, AZ

#2471 Mar 4, 2010
Kevin wrote:
We received it a while back. But, it is just like throwing good money after bad. Why should we pay $5k more and maybe not get anything better?
Kevin

United States

#2472 Mar 5, 2010
Starr wrote:
<quoted text>
We received it a while back. But, it is just like throwing good money after bad. Why should we pay $5k more and maybe not get anything better?
FL near Disney is NOT Mcafee, NJ...better trading power & get out of that mess...my guess as long as this has been going on, they could bulldoze & lose everything. Have hard time "trusting" & putting more $ out, but may need to take another risk but this time a resort already completed not promises it will be done?? May not be right for everyone, but an option & upon more details from daily email responses I will update all what I find out...

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2473 Mar 5, 2010
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
FL near Disney is NOT Mcafee, NJ...better trading power & get out of that mess...my guess as long as this has been going on, they could bulldoze & lose everything. Have hard time "trusting" & putting more $ out, but may need to take another risk but this time a resort already completed not promises it will be done?? May not be right for everyone, but an option & upon more details from daily email responses I will update all what I find out...
While the situation with Legends certainly bites big time.....I have a different understanding regarding the "trading power" of McAfee NJ vs Orlando. My experience is that Orlando is ridiculously overbuilt with timeshares. On the other hand, McAfee is considered commutable to New York City, which I believe is the most requested timeshare destination worldwide, with very few availble units. This would explain why I traded (back when we could still trade) the studio portion of my Legends unit for a gorgeous massive two bedroom/two bath in a complex with mega amenities in Kissimee/Orlando on three separate occasions. I have also traded my one BR portion for seemingly much better two bedroom units at various ski resorts etc.

I own a non splittable week (huge 2 br) at a waterfront resort on Kuaui in Hawaii (Pono Kai) that does not trade nearly as well as my Legends weeks have.

I would check ebay before I gave anyone any money for a timeshare. I bought my Hawaai week for less than half what I paid for Legends, in foreclosure. You can get great units for pennies on the dollar right now, which probably has something to do with the current owners dragging there feet as much as possible with the work at Legends. There is no market to sell to.
Judy from Oakland

Yonkers, NY

#2474 Mar 6, 2010
I completely agree with Marty. That was the sales pitch given us when we "bought" back in 2000. The problem is that the owners/management did not do what they said they would do to allow us to trade and the RCI figured out what a dump it is and that traders wanting a NYC destination would not accept the conditions. So they took our money and laughed! Since then I have learned that this is now the first time Metarie has done this in Vernon.
Kevin

United States

#2475 Mar 8, 2010
Marty,
Thanks for the info. We have never had a problem trading Legends either, just looking for vacation value...we didn't buy to go to resort but to trade to different locations & if ghost town how long will people want to go there no matter how close it is to NYC! I go to NYC often & would rather pay $100/night to stay in city than trade to location with nothing to do & to drive 1.5hrs+ to get to the city. Just looking for options in this debacle, but do appreciate your insight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Online Training & Certificate Offered in M... (Dec '09) 14 hr ASJS3117 39
Cable Provider Sep 18 jackstraw 3
ron gramsch (Mar '14) Sep 15 Sherlayne 2
Comet Management (Nov '06) Sep 15 GGV 290
Should Vernon buy Camp Sussex?? Sep 10 Linda of Paramus NJ 9
West Milford Hewitt Newfoundland NJ Sep 4 MrDoughnut 2
Review: Viridian Energy - Marketing (Aug '10) Aug 31 Andrew 226
•••

Vernon News Video

•••