Vernon election
wantoknow

AOL

#1 Jan 27, 2009
Whose tossing their hats in the ring for the 2 council positions?
wc voter

Moyock, NC

#2 Jan 27, 2009
What difference does it make? It looks as though the city is run by the clerk, mayor and attorney.
The council we got won't do anything to stop em. Why would anybody believe anybody else will do diffrent? Hasn't happened in over 10 years, doubt it ever will. They should save the money it costs to have elections and just turn everything over to the ones been running it anyway.
victor

Moyock, NC

#3 Jan 29, 2009
wc voter is right as unfortunate as that is for we the people.

The council seats that are up are the best council we have along with Armstrong. I hope Brewer and McKeithen both run again, whoever gets in should be more take charge and not continue to be lead by employees. Council members are elected to run the city, not be run by employees.

As for the Mayor seat the same goes, looks like anybody with a mind of their own will do a better job than the current yes man.
well

AOL

#4 Jan 29, 2009
I beg to differ with you, victor. If those two that are up don't run or get been then maybe there will be some cooperation and harmony on the council. Armstrong has been there too long, Brewer thrives on controversy. McKeithen is the better of the three but needs to be replace too.
gettin real

Moyock, NC

#5 Jan 29, 2009
The reality is Armstrong has been there long enough to know how city business is suppose to be conducted, not that she always sees to it, but at least she knows how its suppose to go- McKeithen has gumption, although he hasn't used it much as he should- Brewer is anything but controvercial, she has stood up when nobody else had guts enough, and has informed the public of issues others would have rather seen kept hidden.
The city would be better off if two others seats were up this election rather than Brewer's and McKeithens.
Vernon Guy

Plainview, NY

#6 Jan 30, 2009
The town of Vernon needs new leadership!!!!!!!!! Narvell has drawn too many paychecks from the city and caused too much loss. She needs to go. Vivian has an agenda to clear Buddy and Becky from all the theft and corruption they have gain by their association with the City. She needs to go.WC needs to take charge and make some executive decisions that will cause some closure to these nagging problems that never get solved. WC step up or go home. I don't think our two new council women have had time to mess up yet, so we will give them the benefit of the doubt for a couple of months. They need to get up to speed and maybe assist WC in overruling Narvell and Vivian and get the City back on track and down to doing the City's business. Are Ya'll there to help the city, or for the money , or for the prestige of being one of the idiots on the council. Hopefully some brave souls will find it in their heart to join the council and try to make a difference.
Vernon Gal

AOL

#7 Jan 31, 2009
I whole-heartedly agree!!! You hit the nail on the head Vernon Guy. I've watched this dog and pony show all my life and until Mrs. Armstrong is out of there it will always be the same. She may not be saying much during the meetings but you can bet your bottom dollar she is stirring it at all other times. She talks out of both sides of her mouth--tells one person one thing and another person another things--tells them what she thinks they want to hear. The only way she continues to be elected is by voting the clients at her home and now the clients at the place she sold--if you don't believe me check absentees and be at the polls all day on elections day. Been there and know it for a fact. She brings some of them and Tina brings some of them. As for Vivian, you're correct there too. My first thoughts when it was said that there is money missing was "what did Becky have to do with this? Did she have access to this money and when was it stolen?" Hope their checking into this.
Gillian

Moyock, NC

#8 Jan 31, 2009
In following this for months now, I've noticed that you people seem to be so willing to judge and blame without proof of anything.
Where is the logic in hanging the assistant and not looking at the head?
Where is the logic in hanging Brewer for notifying the public that the head has done wrong?
Where is the logic in allowing rumors to affect judgement?
You people need to think for yourselves!
Have any of these people named above ever done anything to any of you?
Vernon Voter

Moyock, NC

#9 Jan 31, 2009
As a lifelong resident and voter in our city elections, I must say that I think all of this is more of the same garbage that has always played out here. Unfortunately, nobody is ever interested in receiving all facts before jumping to conclusions and sending good people down the creek.
Its more about what your last name is, who you know, or who you might be kin to that makes you or breaks you here.
Gillian is right, leave people alone, get all the facts, and let those without sin, throw the stones.
Vernon Gal

AOL

#10 Feb 1, 2009
Gillian wrote:
In following this for months now, I've noticed that you people seem to be so willing to judge and blame without proof of anything.
Where is the logic in hanging the assistant and not looking at the head?
Where is the logic in hanging Brewer for notifying the public that the head has done wrong?
Where is the logic in allowing rumors to affect judgement?
You people need to think for yourselves!
Have any of these people named above ever done anything to any of you?
That's exactly what I have done--thought for myself. Where is Brewer's proof that the 'head' has done wrong? Anyone with half sense and knowledge of the family ties can see what is going on. And no they have never done anything to me nor have they ever done anything for me!
Anxious to see who runs against her.
Margie V

Moyock, NC

#11 Feb 2, 2009
Get a grip Vernon Gal, have you looked at any of the paperwork uncovered by or during the investigation? Sounds to me like you just hate for hates sake. If you had "thought for yourself" you'd contact someone to provide you documentation instead of harboring a vendetta against the innocent.
You seem to have more of a problem with last names than you do with the facts about whats really going on.
another vernonite

Moyock, NC

#12 Feb 2, 2009
Vernon Gal, why don't you run, you seem to be as utterly confused as half of whats up there anyway. OH, nevermind, someone told me you're already on the council, guess we'll get to vote on who takes your place next year. wink wink
N Nobles

Moyock, NC

#13 Feb 2, 2009
How inferior one must feel to accuse on the grounds of family affiliation. Its extremely disturbing to see how some have turned on this particular family. Doesn't it bother any of you that there has been no proof provided in these allegations?
They may not have the esteemed reputation as some of the other area families, they may not be as priviledged, or as high on themselves for that matter, but they are human beings, folks with real feelings and they have just as much right as everyone else to be innocent until proven guilty of anything!
Living on the "wrong side of town" doesn't make them any less of a people, or anymore guilty than those off Hwy 277 or Cook circle for that matter.
Many are more interested in next years election seats coming up than this years, and with good reason!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bay County Association of Realtors Lawsuit 13 min makes no sense 2
corruption in the 14th judicial district (Feb '13) 2 hr Cmcc 62
nicole edwards Sun white boy simpson 1
Get To Work May 18 For ME 1
The MOB Banksters! (Jul '13) May 18 Brog David Mohels 9
Need a girl for a sexy couple (Aug '16) May 17 mrtruth 9
Shelly the scammer (Aug '14) May 16 local 884

Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance