Man didn't tell partners of HIV statu...

Man didn't tell partners of HIV status, police say | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 20 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 18, 2011, titled Man didn't tell partners of HIV status, police say | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Police have charged a man who has the virus that causes AIDS after they say he had sex with at least four women and didn't tell them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Mar 18, 2011
Wait a minute......wasn't this on "Law and Order"?
katie

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 18, 2011
Because it happened in real life.
Macktrapper

Newark, OH

#3 Mar 18, 2011
Too bad he thought it was ok to murder someone because he didn't want to kill the mood.
Cee Bee

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2011
I know what would be good for him, Put him on a mound of fire ants for a while. There is a lot of oeople that need to be put on a mound of ants,justice sreved.
Knows

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 18, 2011
People with HIV should be aware that they can be charged for not disclosing their status EVEN IF HAVING SAFE SEX or using sex practices where no transmission is possible, such as mutual masturbation. Although it is necessary to protect people this law goes way overboard. The public should be more educated about HIV, how it is transmitted and how it is NOT transmitted. HIV is much harder to transmit than most people realize. Although it is possible to acquire HIV from a single contact, in most cases it takes multiple exposures, often from multiple sources. If you wish to protect yourself, EDUCATION is your best defense.
steven

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2011
This happens more then anyone who's about. It's sad that there are some out there that are pos. Go out planning to infected all that they can. I know of a female that has herpes and knows that she has it, but yet because she got it from her ex, she doesn't tell her next partner of it. Cause as she said her ex played around on her and gave it to her, so she is out to pass it a long to all that she can. It isn't right, and everyone that can been found knowing passing std's around, should have to pay the price for their actions.
Bottom line there is no "in the heat of the moment" must play it safe, and when need comes for skin to skin, with holding till both are tested and each see the out come. There is no more I love you, and trust you. It's you life, have fun, but plan it safe always.
Dick

Zanesville, OH

#9 Mar 18, 2011
Just another example that AIDS carriers need to be put on an island by themselves and let them give the aids virus to themselves. This is a public desease and won't be stopped until you isolate them.
Wrap your wieners

Dublin, OH

#11 Mar 18, 2011
This is a chain letter that can't get broken. Very scary. Wrap your wieners fellas!
Maliq

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 18, 2011
Macktrapper, there is a reason he is charged with felonious assault rather than murder. Educate yourself about living with HIV before you post such an outdated comment; HIV infection has not been considered a death sentence in about two decades. In decades past, murder would've been the appropriate charge, but this can no longer be justified.
It Dont make sense

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 18, 2011
Knows wrote:
People with HIV should be aware that they can be charged for not disclosing their status EVEN IF HAVING SAFE SEX or using sex practices where no transmission is possible, such as mutual masturbation. Although it is necessary to protect people this law goes way overboard. The public should be more educated about HIV, how it is transmitted and how it is NOT transmitted. HIV is much harder to transmit than most people realize. Although it is possible to acquire HIV from a single contact, in most cases it takes multiple exposures, often from multiple sources. If you wish to protect yourself, EDUCATION is your best defense.
If you want to play Russian Roulette with your sex partners go right ahead. To minimize the risk as your post does is Irresponsible. Please print your post and show it to all your potential sex partners in the future and let them decide if they want to be with you. Stupid never goes out of style.
painful discharge

Powell, OH

#16 Mar 18, 2011
Dip his private parts in lye and lock him up.
Whats with Vermillion

Dublin, OH

#17 Mar 18, 2011
This and then a day later they report the Vermilion Fat a. sS who raped a 5 year old boy. That's a LOT of sexually deviant behavior from one stoplight town.
Annoyed

Lewis Center, OH

#18 Mar 18, 2011
This "article" is basically 3 paragraphs of the same sentence written 3 different ways. Shame on this man for keeping his dirty little secret AND shame on the women who didn't care enough about their health and bodies to protect themselves against ANY disease!
Spooktackular

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2011
Dick wrote:
Just another example that AIDS carriers need to be put on an island by themselves and let them give the aids virus to themselves. This is a public desease and won't be stopped until you isolate them.
I agree, and make sure the sharks are hungry in case they try to swim away.
Simple

United States

#20 Mar 18, 2011
Morality is the cure.
Knows

Columbus, OH

#21 Mar 18, 2011
It Dont make sense wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to play Russian Roulette with your sex partners go right ahead. To minimize the risk as your post does is Irresponsible. Please print your post and show it to all your potential sex partners in the future and let them decide if they want to be with you. Stupid never goes out of style.
I have not "minimized" the risk. I have spoken in an educated manner. Like I said, you can get it from the very first contact but often that does not happen. There is a difference between fact and what you WISH to be fact. Go educate yourself about HIV/AIDS before you start talking out your butt.
blanc

Mount Gilead, OH

#22 Mar 18, 2011
Its 2011 havent we learned anything ? These women are responsible for their bodies . If they are out there having sex with strange men , they will have to pay the price .
Rob

Columbus, OH

#24 Mar 18, 2011
blanc wrote:
Its 2011 havent we learned anything ? These women are responsible for their bodies . If they are out there having sex with strange men , they will have to pay the price .
yeah...what we have learned in these modern times is that there is NO such thing as "personal responsibility". it's all about blaming everyone else for doing what you know you shouldnt have done in the first place. everyone knows not to have unsafe sex but god forbid they say "damn, i messed up. i knew not to do that and i did it anyway. must be at least 1/2 my fault." thats the result of the liberals being allowed to have power over the last 50 years.
It Dont make sense

Columbus, OH

#25 Mar 20, 2011
Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not "minimized" the risk. I have spoken in an educated manner. Like I said, you can get it from the very first contact but often that does not happen. There is a difference between fact and what you WISH to be fact. Go educate yourself about HIV/AIDS before you start talking out your butt.
You are exactly whats wrong with so-called educated people. Which is it, you can get it with the first exposure or you most likely cant. The fact you can get it with first time exposure cancels out your second statement. Your statement is minimizing the risk and irresponsible. You cant go through life talking out both sides of your educated Butt. Stupid never goes out of style.
Knows

Columbus, OH

#26 Mar 20, 2011
It Dont make sense wrote:
<quoted text>You are exactly whats wrong with so-called educated people. Which is it, you can get it with the first exposure or you most likely cant. The fact you can get it with first time exposure cancels out your second statement. Your statement is minimizing the risk and irresponsible. You cant go through life talking out both sides of your educated Butt. Stupid never goes out of style.
It isn't like i said you SHOULDN'T have safe sex. The fact is that it is much more difficult to transmit than most people think. That being said, you shouldn't just IGNORE the danger. The common cold is MUCH easier to spread than HIV. There is a difference between respecting the danger and simple fear mongering. Have you even READ anything about HIV transmission? I agree with Rob that, while people with HIV should not have unsafe sex without telling their partner, you also have to have some personal responsibility for your safety. You KNOW what to do and what not to do. You can't simply ignore safe sex practices and then blame the "other guy". I have a job making deliveries. Everyday I drive past a grocery store's front doors. Everyday I am very careful because people come FLYING out the doors with their shopping carts and children and almost RUN right into traffic WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING. Yes, it is my job as a motorist to stop for them but people should be concerned enough about their own safety to at least LOOK before walking into traffic. In an accident, you might be RIGHT but you will be DEAD right. Same thing with unsafe sex. ALWAYS ASSUME EVERYONE YOU HAVE SEX WITH HAS STD'S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vermilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jesse estep Jul 21 Jestep97 2
Brent Wells (Dec '14) Jul 11 still fishing 18
Duane Heiland Jun '16 Truth teller 1
Life flight May '16 Matt 1
News Seth J. Polly (Sep '08) Mar '16 comboooooo 3
Target Shooting In Brownhelm Township (Nov '15) Dec '15 mxkjsch 3
News 'Armed and dangerous' robber ID'd, still on the... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ConcernedInWakeman 1

Vermilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vermilion Mortgages