Muscotah, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

funny wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how those on the side of smoking pot can only assume that the knowledge others have is from the government and not the ability to observe the consquences of use over a period of time.
the only consequence is if you ABUSE pot. I havent smoked pot in over 6yrs and there has been no consequences. You are against pot, but yet there is more of a problem with the ones drinking. There is a person killed or injured by a drunk driver every 5mins in the usa. You dont hear about a High driver killing anyone, thats because 99% of potheads are too lazy to get up and drive or do anything. WORRY ABOUT ALCOHOL, PILL POPPERS, AND OTHER DRUGS ARE MORE OF A PROBLEM IN FALLS CITY.
funny

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

a ghost hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
the only consequence is if you ABUSE pot. I havent smoked pot in over 6yrs and there has been no consequences. You are against pot, but yet there is more of a problem with the ones drinking. There is a person killed or injured by a drunk driver every 5mins in the usa. You dont hear about a High driver killing anyone, thats because 99% of potheads are too lazy to get up and drive or do anything. WORRY ABOUT ALCOHOL, PILL POPPERS, AND OTHER DRUGS ARE MORE OF A PROBLEM IN FALLS CITY.
Yes, it is the abuse issue for all of the above that cause the consequences. The drunk drivers you mention all have, at least at that point in time, been abusing alcohol. But isn't that the point that abuse causes the consequences and some, for whatever reason, will abuse pot. Maybe your to young to remember back in 87 when a train engineer was high and was found at fault in a wreck that caused 14 deaths. Although the stats are much lower, than for alcohol related fatality accidents, it has been shown that some fatality accidents have pot(only) as a contributing factor by the one causing the accident. And as with alcohol the higher the concentration in the blood stream the higher the risk. Have you ever asked your family and friends if they think you have suffered any consequences from your former drug use? They may have a total different take then what you do. Subjective and objective opinions often differ. Just one of the consequences I've noted over the years is the lower income of regular pot smokers. This being due to the fact that they will not apply/try for a better job as they would have to pass a drug test. Only my observation but one that is relevant to the issue of consequences. Another observation is the decreased family and social ties but that's a whole different set of issues. Now I'm sure I'll get responses on how I'm wrong but as with alcohol (or anything else) it's the amount not the product that causes the problems. Someone who uses alcohol, pills, weed or any other drug for entertainment/recreational purposes on an occasion will not have these consequences. But as with all these others weed can be just as much a problem if used often.
uhhh

Muscotah, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is the abuse issue for all of the above that cause the consequences. The drunk drivers you mention all have, at least at that point in time, been abusing alcohol. But isn't that the point that abuse causes the consequences and some, for whatever reason, will abuse pot. Maybe your to young to remember back in 87 when a train engineer was high and was found at fault in a wreck that caused 14 deaths. Although the stats are much lower, than for alcohol related fatality accidents, it has been shown that some fatality accidents have pot(only) as a contributing factor by the one causing the accident. And as with alcohol the higher the concentration in the blood stream the higher the risk. Have you ever asked your family and friends if they think you have suffered any consequences from your former drug use? They may have a total different take then what you do. Subjective and objective opinions often differ. Just one of the consequences I've noted over the years is the lower income of regular pot smokers. This being due to the fact that they will not apply/try for a better job as they would have to pass a drug test. Only my observation but one that is relevant to the issue of consequences. Another observation is the decreased family and social ties but that's a whole different set of issues. Now I'm sure I'll get responses on how I'm wrong but as with alcohol (or anything else) it's the amount not the product that causes the problems. Someone who uses alcohol, pills, weed or any other drug for entertainment/recreational purposes on an occasion will not have these consequences. But as with all these others weed can be just as much a problem if used often.
Do you smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol funny? And why not debate me, I had good points?
Do you smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol funny?
funny

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol funny? And why not debate me, I had good points?
Do you smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol funny?
Well I didn't reply to you because instead of talking about weed you went off on a tangent about hemp (which yes I've known about all the hemp issues for years and would like to see hemp used). Since you asked I smoke cigarettes but no I don't drink.
uhhh

Muscotah, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
<quoted text>Well I didn't reply to you because instead of talking about weed you went off on a tangent about hemp (which yes I've known about all the hemp issues for years and would like to see hemp used). Since you asked I smoke cigarettes but no I don't drink.
You said, "Just tired of the old argument that if your against smoking pot that it must be because your thoughts on the subject are under the influence of the government. In a debate that is truly a very poor point to make." That was not a tangent those were my points as to why you might be under the influence of our government. I pointed out the number of years it has been prohibited, it's Federal classification, I compared it to tabacco and alcohol, I brought up it's social acceptance compared to that of tabacco and alcohol then I went into why one might be under the influence, hemp. Those were fairly valid points to discuss. I would like to add that the government has spent billions if not trillions of dollars on scare tactics these past 76 years. This is your brain on drugs was a personal favorite. But it goes back much further than that, Reefer Madness. A movie made in 1936. If you think our government has your best interest at heart you are sadly mistaken.
funny

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

So just what do you want to debate.......that the government has lied to us.....duh. You want to note study after study that reports that pot has no effect on user.......I can put up one to dispute it. How about I smoked for 20 years and haven't smoked the last 20 years. What then? I have the experience of being a stoner and the experience of being a non-stoner. Just what can you tell me that I don't already know? I've been there and done that and I'm one hell of a lot better off straight than I was ever stoned. So now what? Gonna say that I must have been using other drugs along with the pot cause it surely can be just the pot alone........wrong. So now what? Still want to say I don't know what I'm talking about or listening to the government. You want to get stoned go for it it's your life just don't assume that if someone isn't it's because they are believing the government or don't know the facts and maybe it's through experience.
uhhh

Muscotah, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
So just what do you want to debate.......that the government has lied to us.....duh. You want to note study after study that reports that pot has no effect on user.......I can put up one to dispute it. How about I smoked for 20 years and haven't smoked the last 20 years. What then? I have the experience of being a stoner and the experience of being a non-stoner. Just what can you tell me that I don't already know? I've been there and done that and I'm one hell of a lot better off straight than I was ever stoned. So now what? Gonna say that I must have been using other drugs along with the pot cause it surely can be just the pot alone........wrong. So now what? Still want to say I don't know what I'm talking about or listening to the government. You want to get stoned go for it it's your life just don't assume that if someone isn't it's because they are believing the government or don't know the facts and maybe it's through experience.
You can act like you know what you are talking about but you just keeping talking in circles. And really, as uptight as you are I'd go back to smoking if I were you. All you have is your experience as do the rest of us who like to toke. People die from cigarettes and alcohol EVERYDAY. Not from pot though. There is no disputing that. Call it dope all you want but the real dope is tabacco and alcohol. So just keep puffing on them cigarettes.
funny

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You can act like you know what you are talking about but you just keeping talking in circles. And really, as uptight as you are I'd go back to smoking if I were you. All you have is your experience as do the rest of us who like to toke. People die from cigarettes and alcohol EVERYDAY. Not from pot though. There is no disputing that. Call it dope all you want but the real dope is tabacco and alcohol. So just keep puffing on them cigarettes.
Look in the mirror in another 20 years then we'll talk.
uhhh

Muscotah, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror in another 20 years then we'll talk.
I doubt I will be the same person as you. Highly doubt I will have to look in the mirror and say oh that lady made sense, because you do not. Plain and simple, alcohol and cigarettes are bad for you marijuana is not. NOT ONE documented case of someone dying because of marijuana, maybe as a secondary. Alcohol turns your brain into mush and need I tell you what cigarettes do to you? Your argument or lack thereof, makes absolutely no sense.
Jacob

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

If they would just legalize it they wouldnt have all these poeple on meth
THC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Educators and advocates for the use and/or legal distribution of marijuana, I emplore you to read this. As far as education on the subject goes, here is a tid bit for you:

The use of marijuana, or any THC containing recreational drug, has been proven to surface severe anxiety disorders in over 25% of first time users. An anomaly know as depersonalization, or derealization, while a highly sought after state of mind for chronic drug abusers, has a detrimental effect on individuals who are predisposed to anxiety disorders, that number reaching percentages of upwards of 75% of the population. The effect of depersonalization to said individuals goes otherwise untapped unless severe life threatening trauma is inflicted; meaning, the use of marijuana is a direct link to the introduction of these life altering inflictions of the mind, bearing equivalence in severity to symptoms experienced by trauma patients. Symptoms and side effects in these cases cannot be reversed from a medicinal stand point. It is possible to improve, but it is impossible to reverse the onset of these disorders. The affect in these individuals is chronic and irreversible. The vast majority of sufferers experience a sizable amount of time recovering in order to regain a state of consciousness and awareness that is necessary for basic, daily functionality. Again, this is directly attributed to the introduction of THC to the nerve receptors in the brain; adversely effecting the rate at which receptors 'fire' or communicate panic to the human body. It is worth noting that an encounter with the capacity to stimulate this much harm to the system is 100% avoidable, and the reason for which I strongly believe cannibis should never be legalized or made readily available for experimentation.
THC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Many, many years of experience in the practice has given me a great sense of duty to negate the positives associated with the recreational use of cannibis. I strongly, strongly refute the popular notion that marijuana is not harmful to the mind and body. Based on the information previously given you can see how it is just as harmful as any street drug, if not more so in comparison to tobacco or alcohol, upon immediate introduction to the human body. Though I discourage the abuse of alcohol and tobacco as well, based on my experience and dealings with either infliction, it is just as difficult for one to recover from habitual dependency of alcohol or tobacco as it is a person who encounters adverse reactions to a single encounter with THC.
this is bs

Verdon, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

THC wrote:
Many, many years of experience in the practice has given me a great sense of duty to negate the positives associated with the recreational use of cannibis. I strongly, strongly refute the popular notion that marijuana is not harmful to the mind and body. Based on the information previously given you can see how it is just as harmful as any street drug, if not more so in comparison to tobacco or alcohol, upon immediate introduction to the human body. Though I discourage the abuse of alcohol and tobacco as well, based on my experience and dealings with either infliction, it is just as difficult for one to recover from habitual dependency of alcohol or tobacco as it is a person who encounters adverse reactions to a single encounter with THC.
this is bs. I'v been smoking for over 20 years and I have no anxiety disorders. did you maybe mix your drugs? Harmful as any street drug? It does waaaay more good than harm.
wow

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

this is bs wrote:
<quoted text>
this is bs. I'v been smoking for over 20 years and I have no anxiety disorders. did you maybe mix your drugs? Harmful as any street drug? It does waaaay more good than harm.
Or maybe because you keep using pot you don't have an anxiety disorder.
bethany r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Weed is harmless. They wouldn't be prescribing It to people for health reasons if it was a Harmful drug. I personally do not smoke it but I do know people who do and it makes them relax..nothing wrong with that. Also a friend of mine who manages a business also said he knows some of his employees smoke weed, but he isn't going to fire them because they are his best workers!
this is bs

Verdon, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

bethany r wrote:
Weed is harmless. They wouldn't be prescribing It to people for health reasons if it was a Harmful drug. I personally do not smoke it but I do know people who do and it makes them relax..nothing wrong with that. Also a friend of mine who manages a business also said he knows some of his employees smoke weed, but he isn't going to fire them because they are his best workers!
"They wouldn't be prescribing It to people for health reasons if it was a Harmful drug." - It's as simple as that. To the poster who pointed out anxiety issues. It's like people are TRYING to find the negative aspects of marijuana. Digging.

What I find even more interesting is, this is farm country. Growing hemp and trying to distance ourselves from oil is in our best interest. We have become dependent on oil, almost addicted. We are now a "high maintenance" society. Might I add, at the cost of many innocent lives.

Here's a good read. http://swampland.time.com/2013/02/06/pot-plan...
very sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

bethany r wrote:
Yet a business I wouldn't want to go spend my money at. Marijuana is illegal , and so is employing workers knowing they smoke Marijuana. Yes it is used medical purposes but using it for personal use is not ok. Marijuana has side effects : Problems with memory and learning
Distorted perception
Difficulty with thinking and problem solving
Loss of coordination
Increased heart rate
Anxiety, paranoia and panic attacks.
And this is someone who you want working for you or running a business ?
this is bs

Verdon, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

very sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet a business I wouldn't want to go spend my money at. Marijuana is illegal , and so is employing workers knowing they smoke Marijuana. Yes it is used medical purposes but using it for personal use is not ok. Marijuana has side effects : Problems with memory and learning
Distorted perception
Difficulty with thinking and problem solving
Loss of coordination
Increased heart rate
Anxiety, paranoia and panic attacks.
And this is someone who you want working for you or running a business ?
In case you missed the link up thre. http://swampland.time.com/2013/02/06/pot-plan...

Looook at all those negative aspects. They still do not and will never measure up to alcohol and/or tobacco. Anxiety and paranoia is very laughable. I'd rather have a pothead working for me than a coke head or a meth head or an alcoholic. People who try and point out negative aspects of marijuana remind me of.... those, what do they call em.... followers. Cause you're surely not talking from experience.
gov

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Who cares its gna be leagle sooner or later
BlackRose6969

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

I'll be glad when its legalized maybe shit will settle down in this town.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Verdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scotty getting the Big BIT(H 12 hr Dr Joe Revis Phd 1
junk yard Wed city cops 23
Lana Brandon Tue Holly 27
Does anyone know a Cody Haynes from Beatrice Ne? Tue rEaL 4 LaEr 3
missing Aug 19 rEaL 4 LaEr 21
Daniel Worton Aug 19 rEaL 4 LaEr 2
Eastview Apartments Aug 19 rEaL 4 LaEr 3

Search the Verdon Forum:
•••
•••