Church hopes to close on high note

Church hopes to close on high note

There are 9 comments on the Omaha World-Herald story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Church hopes to close on high note. In it, Omaha World-Herald reports that:

When Richard Ogle began taking catechism lessons at Bethel United Methodist Church in 1960, he never dreamed that he would, 50 years later, preside over the church's closing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Omaha World-Herald.

about time

United States

#1 Feb 12, 2010
when is the church closing ?
what

Brodhead, KY

#3 Feb 12, 2010
how do you "deconsecrate" a church. i can think of one way, but I doubt thats how it happened.
Ronald Couch

Vicksburg, MS

#6 Mar 26, 2010
It's been a long time since I was pastor of that church, but I remember some great people there. It makes me a little sad to hear that it has closed.
[email protected]

“Save Our Community!”

Since: Mar 10

Kirkman's Cove

#7 Mar 26, 2010
Ronald Couch wrote:
It's been a long time since I was pastor of that church, but I remember some great people there. It makes me a little sad to hear that it has closed.
[email protected]
There are others around just hanging by a thread that will be forced to close before long also, along with many businesses.

When were you a pastor in Dawson?
Internal Affairs

York, NE

#8 Mar 27, 2010
Your Candidate 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are others around just hanging by a thread that will be forced to close before long also, along with many businesses.
When were you a pastor in Dawson?
Oh STOP KISSING @SS Houser!!
John Lotter

Lincoln, NE

#9 Mar 27, 2010
Internal Affairs wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh STOP KISSING @SS Houser!!
Is that doogie houser MD? Oh I know the one at 2613 yep that has to be the one. In that case yep he is a @ss kisser! LOL LOL
Deceit

Ashburn, VA

#10 Mar 27, 2010
John Lotter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that doogie houser MD? Oh I know the one at 2613 yep that has to be the one. In that case yep he is a @ss kisser! LOL LOL
Whose ass would that be? Is that the only line you've got?
therealdoogie

Wichita, KS

#11 Mar 27, 2010
Im going to win and if that really bothers you all TOO BAD! Im taking the election by storm and things are going to change! For the better!
Joe Knows

York, NE

#12 Mar 28, 2010
therealdoogie wrote:
Im going to win and if that really bothers you all TOO BAD! Im taking the election by storm and things are going to change! For the better!
Topeka Joe Revis! LOL LOL LOL

NO BALLS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thieves Thu old bz himself 22
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Jul '17 grape vine 53
Election Who do you support for County Sheriff in Nebras... (Oct '10) Jul '14 anonymous 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Verdon, NE (Jul '11) Feb '12 sneaky 5
Dennis McAndrews (Jan '12) Jan '12 nowatyamean 3
verdon tire (Nov '11) Nov '11 whocares 1
Hi (Aug '11) Aug '11 yldneirf024 3

Verdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Verdon Mortgages