First Prev
of 10
Next Last
lets find out

Lincoln, NE

#1 Feb 22, 2009
about time this recklessness is starting to be taken care of. these kids need somthing other than drinking beer to do. who supplied the beer anyone know? down on longbranch?
recreational facilities

United States

#2 Feb 22, 2009
lets find out wrote:
about time this recklessness is starting to be taken care of. these kids need somthing other than drinking beer to do. who supplied the beer anyone know? down on longbranch?
You really think somebody is going to say who bought minors booze on here?
Probably ought to worry about what else they had, don't you imagine?
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is about as low as one can go, but hey, typical behavior in this town, and world- low, getting lower.
what

York, NE

#3 Feb 22, 2009
what happened this is the first i have heard anything
Deputy Integrity

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2009
Big bust last week- but not on Long Branch, South.
Bunch of minors at an adults residence partying.
And the law busted em.
Good job, you guys!
Who

Lincoln, NE

#5 Feb 22, 2009
Who was all got busted? HAHA for them, but I bet it doesnt teach them anything.
efficiency

Omaha, NE

#6 Feb 22, 2009
Wow, the crime of the century.

Ten, huh?

They're going to grow up delinquent? Yeah, one thing leads to another. Soon they'll be shooting up heroin.

For what it's worth, I starting consuming Oly (Olympia) at 15 and was going to Freddy's Pizza Palace (aka Pizza Hut) about then, too. Just about every weekend.

Drank more THEN than I do now. Must be because I became warped, eh?

Yeap, cross-eyed, unemployed for years, and have all these junk cars in front of my trailer house. Someday I'll "get to 'em". Not to mention my the beer gut.

Oh, I did mention it.

Butt, oops I mean but, I can now sleep better knowing rural law ENFORCEment is on the ball!
One and the same

Lincoln, NE

#7 Feb 22, 2009
efficiency wrote:
Wow, the crime of the century.
Ten, huh?
They're going to grow up delinquent? Yeah, one thing leads to another. Soon they'll be shooting up heroin.
For what it's worth, I starting consuming Oly (Olympia) at 15 and was going to Freddy's Pizza Palace (aka Pizza Hut) about then, too. Just about every weekend.
Drank more THEN than I do now. Must be because I became warped, eh?
Yeap, cross-eyed, unemployed for years, and have all these junk cars in front of my trailer house. Someday I'll "get to 'em". Not to mention my the beer gut.
Oh, I did mention it.
Butt, oops I mean but, I can now sleep better knowing rural law ENFORCEment is on the ball!
Well, guess what? Betcha if they would be able to lock them up the break-ins, robberies and thefts would go WAY down in Humboldt. One and the same bunch!!!
efficiency

Omaha, NE

#8 Feb 23, 2009
One and the same wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, guess what? Betcha if they would be able to lock them up the break-ins, robberies and thefts would go WAY down in Humboldt. One and the same bunch!!!
Robberies???? I'll buy the break-ins and thefts. Incidently, "that" wasn't divulged in the beginning of the thread.

My point is kids will be kids. Alcohol, right or wrong, is a rite of passage. My second point is "that" is what law enforcement considers a priority?

Please DON'T tell me how many officers were involved in this massive bust.

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

#9 Feb 23, 2009
This is no "rite of passage".
i was a kid and would never have dreamed about doing some of this stuff- as a kid or an adult.
If you consider drinking, drugs, and stealing from those of us that DO WORK- normal behavior for kids or adults, i beg to differ with you!
You don't live here anymore do you?
Things have changed- big time!

As far as "law enforcement", they definately should not be criticized here.
i'm very happy they established some "ground rules", because it does change one's mentality in thinking they can commit crimes at will, without any prosecution.
i think the law officers involved should be commended!

What about the female adult that was the contributing factor in this case, in the delinquency of minors?

And if you study criminal cases in depth, you will find that one thing very often does lead to another, and another, and another ...
efficiency

Omaha, NE

#10 Feb 23, 2009
Not Of This World Forever wrote:
This is no "rite of passage".
i was a kid and would never have dreamed about doing some of this stuff- as a kid or an adult.
If you consider drinking, drugs, and stealing from those of us that DO WORK- normal behavior for kids or adults, i beg to differ with you!
You don't live here anymore do you?
Things have changed- big time!
As far as "law enforcement", they definately should not be criticized here.
i'm very happy they established some "ground rules", because it does change one's mentality in thinking they can commit crimes at will, without any prosecution.
i think the law officers involved should be commended!
What about the female adult that was the contributing factor in this case, in the delinquency of minors?
And if you study criminal cases in depth, you will find that one thing very often does lead to another, and another, and another ...
You're entitled to your opinion. Likewise, I'm entitled to mine.

Once again, alcohol is, in my humble (not to be confused with Humboldt) opinion..........a rite of passage. Peer group pressure, need to belong. identity crisis (to separate the cool from the uncoool) whatever you want to call it.

When I was a kid, getting busted on a dirt road for MIP was part of the rite of passage. Something to brag about. Or.......at least make known. Nope, I never was. I guess law enforcement coverage musta been a little slack.

All in all, I don't consider it a big deal.

As for one thing leading to another, that was tongue-in-cheek. In jest.

You know, Probibtion from 1920 to 1933 didn't work. Which is why we have the 18th Amendment. Morality cannot be legislated. You can force people to do things or refrain from doing things but you cannot force them how to think.

Have you ever examined your priorities as to what's truly important. Or truly wrong?

White collar criminals do far greater and longer lasting damage than a bunch of little boppers getting a buzz (however that's accomplished).

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

#11 Feb 23, 2009
efficiency wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion. Likewise, I'm entitled to mine.
Once again, alcohol is, in my humble (not to be confused with Humboldt) opinion..........a rite of passage. Peer group pressure, need to belong. identity crisis (to separate the cool from the uncoool) whatever you want to call it.
When I was a kid, getting busted on a dirt road for MIP was part of the rite of passage. Something to brag about. Or.......at least make known. Nope, I never was. I guess law enforcement coverage musta been a little slack.
All in all, I don't consider it a big deal.
As for one thing leading to another, that was tongue-in-cheek. In jest.
You know, Probibtion from 1920 to 1933 didn't work. Which is why we have the 18th Amendment. Morality cannot be legislated. You can force people to do things or refrain from doing things but you cannot force them how to think.
Have you ever examined your priorities as to what's truly important. Or truly wrong?
White collar criminals do far greater and longer lasting damage than a bunch of little boppers getting a buzz (however that's accomplished).
We're much more concerned about the endless theft and vandalism than their "buzz".

That is what i do not consider a "rite of passage".
Many of these people think "work" is a 4-letter word, and whatever they want is theirs for the taking- or destroying.
That's not normal, or right.
If someone is old enough to drink alcohol and do drugs, they're sure as hell old enough to work.

Kids partying together is one thing, but mixing minors and adults in their residence, along with breaking of laws is a very, very bad idea.
That's different than just kids drinking beer on a country road as you have implied here.
Corrupting minors is not to be taken lightly, and with added implications, can result in serious charges to an adult.
really

Omaha, NE

#12 Feb 23, 2009
i do, in some ways, agree with the "kids will be kids" theory. my parents were alcoholics and drug dealers/abusers. they were very open with us and drugs and alcohol were never an issue with us. its the people who do not realize kids do try,test and tease rules and regulations. they do it at 2 and continue until ?.....(please let me know! lol) i think the key here is to be a bigger force in our childrens lives,talk to them and know their friends and their habits and teach them how to be the best people they can be( Geez, did i just sound like an army commercial or what?)
old fashion

Lincoln, NE

#13 Feb 23, 2009
Hey there 'not of this world' you had better look into your past honey and remember the things you did and where you ended up from it all. Just because you have found God don't make you an angel andif you truly believe God's word you would not be judging others....not your job! By the way how much Jack is in your fridge right now?

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

#14 Feb 23, 2009
old fashion wrote:
Hey there 'not of this world' you had better look into your past honey and remember the things you did and where you ended up from it all. Just because you have found God don't make you an angel andif you truly believe God's word you would not be judging others....not your job! By the way how much Jack is in your fridge right now?
i know all about my past, and it NEVER included corrupting minors- which is disgusting.
i also paid for everything i did wrong- and even some of what i didn't do.

Damn right i'll have my opinions about people that rip me, and others off- i'd never do that to a sole.
These aren't people stealing a loaf of bread cuz they're starving.
Not for food anyway ...

And this concerns legal issues that have nothing to do with my opinion- it's reality- and the cops shouldn't be condemned while the kids and others involved are excused.

"Judging" and "opinions" are entirely different.
There's only One to do the judging, and it ain't me.
We are all entitled to our opinions- "Honey"!

And who, in their right mind, would keep Jack in the frig?
What a degradation of fine liquor.
Oh, and i'm of age- it's legal.
bdds
Not sure

Lincoln, NE

#15 Feb 23, 2009
efficiency wrote:
<quoted text>
Robberies???? I'll buy the break-ins and thefts. Incidently, "that" wasn't divulged in the beginning of the thread.
My point is kids will be kids. Alcohol, right or wrong, is a rite of passage. My second point is "that" is what law enforcement considers a priority?
Please DON'T tell me how many officers were involved in this massive bust.
Please tell me what is the difference between a robbery and a theft? Both are STEALING something that doesn't belong to you, right?

It doesn't appear that you have much of a clue about what has been going on Humboldt for the last year or longer. There have been some serious break-ins AND robberies, as well as vandalism. There are quite a few clues as to who the culprits are in several of the cases but not enough hard evidence for arrests. Believe the point of the post about the arrests from the party and the "culprits" being some of the same individuals was pretty accurate so not sure what you are arguing about. Can't believe anyone would condone and "stick up" for that type of behavior. Maybe that works for you but NOT for a lot of concerned citizens in Humboldt. Sorry, just don't get where you are going with your arguments?????

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

#16 Feb 24, 2009
Not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what is the difference between a robbery and a theft? Both are STEALING something that doesn't belong to you, right?
It doesn't appear that you have much of a clue about what has been going on Humboldt for the last year or longer. There have been some serious break-ins AND robberies, as well as vandalism. There are quite a few clues as to who the culprits are in several of the cases but not enough hard evidence for arrests. Believe the point of the post about the arrests from the party and the "culprits" being some of the same individuals was pretty accurate so not sure what you are arguing about. Can't believe anyone would condone and "stick up" for that type of behavior. Maybe that works for you but NOT for a lot of concerned citizens in Humboldt. Sorry, just don't get where you are going with your arguments?????
1. To be convicted of THEFT by taking someone must unlawfully take, aprropriate or carry away any property of another with intent of depriving him of that property.
Also includeds receving stolen property one is aware has been stolen.

2. BREAKING AND ENTERING is the crime of entering property without authorization and some element of force {breaking doors and windows, forcing locks, etc.}
If there is intent to commit a crime, this is BURGLARY.
Without intent, it is usually charged as TRESPASS.

In many states a minor can be charged and subject to serious penalties, including institutionalization, under a state's juvenile offender laws covering offenses such as breaking and entering.

3. ROBBERY is similar to theft, but with the added element of force or use of a weapon.
It is when another person is present and force or a threat of violence is used against them in order to commit the crime and escape with the property in the presence of another, or others.
This crime holds the most serious charges of the three, naturally.
efficiency

Omaha, NE

#17 Feb 24, 2009
Robbery is overt whereas theft is covert.

The former is more aggressive whereas the latter is chicken.....st

When you've been robbed, you know it. A theft can remain undiscovered for an extended period.
efficiency

Omaha, NE

#18 Feb 24, 2009
Not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what is the difference between a robbery and a theft? Both are STEALING something that doesn't belong to you, right?
It doesn't appear that you have much of a clue about what has been going on Humboldt for the last year or longer. There have been some serious break-ins AND robberies, as well as vandalism. There are quite a few clues as to who the culprits are in several of the cases but not enough hard evidence for arrests. Believe the point of the post about the arrests from the party and the "culprits" being some of the same individuals was pretty accurate so not sure what you are arguing about. Can't believe anyone would condone and "stick up" for that type of behavior. Maybe that works for you but NOT for a lot of concerned citizens in Humboldt. Sorry, just don't get where you are going with your arguments?????
You're absolutely right, I have NO clue at what's been going on in Humboldt the past year. In fact, I've only been there (4) times in the last 20 years.

Let's see, Feb '99, July '06, Sept '07 (a whopping five hours) and June '08. Missed almost ALL of the nineties.

Did I miss much?

Condoning is an inference on your part.(See the previous post for distinctions between robberies and thefts).
wondering

United States

#19 Feb 25, 2009
Not Of This World Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
1. To be convicted of THEFT by taking someone must unlawfully take, aprropriate or carry away any property of another with intent of depriving him of that property.
Also includeds receving stolen property one is aware has been stolen.
2. BREAKING AND ENTERING is the crime of entering property without authorization and some element of force {breaking doors and windows, forcing locks, etc.}
If there is intent to commit a crime, this is BURGLARY.
Without intent, it is usually charged as TRESPASS.
In many states a minor can be charged and subject to serious penalties, including institutionalization, under a state's juvenile offender laws covering offenses such as breaking and entering.
3. ROBBERY is similar to theft, but with the added element of force or use of a weapon.
It is when another person is present and force or a threat of violence is used against them in order to commit the crime and escape with the property in the presence of another, or others.
This crime holds the most serious charges of the three, naturally.
Would your initials be CB?

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

#20 Feb 25, 2009
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Would your initials be CB?
And why do you care who i am?

i have told countless people my actual identities on Topix, since i normally don't write anything i'm ashamed of, and i don't lie about it.
That's more than i can say about most anyone else.
The people always tossing out names, never give their's.
i frequently print Topix posts out and take to people around town that don't have Internet, especially when it's about them.
my Topix name is printed right on it- nothing to hide from me.
i've been accused of being so many various posters on here- that i definately am not.

Too bad nobody ever reads Topix Terms of Service below.
Maybe they have, they just don't believe in obeying rules.

Now, if you have a legitimate reason to want to know my identity, perhaps we can talk.
Otherwise ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Verdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal investigation (Jul '11) 5 hr bob popejoy 21
Best Restaraunt (Apr '09) Dec 22 esckdd 44
White van Dec 20 WhatsItToYa 2
Sick of It Dec 18 Snuffy 5
dollar store blonde Dec 18 Snuffy 24
Eastview Apartments Dec 18 greatful 4
Lana Brandon (Mar '14) Dec 15 jcc 30
Verdon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Verdon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Verdon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Verdon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:17 pm PST

ESPN12:17PM
Giants' Jenkins irked after getting $16K fine
NBC Sports12:47 PM
6 Giants fined by NFL for actions in Rams game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:23 PM
Ogletree, Laurinaitis 1-2 in tackles entering finale - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
Updated 2014 Analysis for Final Week of Season
Bleacher Report 5:50 PM
Complete Preview of Rams vs. Seahawks