40 Pit Bulls Seized In Johnson County

40 Pit Bulls Seized In Johnson County

There are 18 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Jun 25, 2008, titled 40 Pit Bulls Seized In Johnson County. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Authorities investigating a complaint of animal cruelty seized about 40 pit bulls and pit-bull mixes Tuesday at a mobile home located between Venus and Mansfield, Johnson County sheriff's officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

Tiffany

Cedar Hill, TX

#1 Jun 25, 2008
Omgsh there have been so many pitbulls stolen...mine was one of them. Anyone know how to get a hold of the place the dogs are at?
C Martinez

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Jun 25, 2008
Sorry,but Pit Bulls need not be permitted in the city limits.There have been SOOO many incidents,where they have mauled children,even if they have been raised in the home since birth.People who have PIT BULLS,and have children,are not thinking about the saftey of their kids.
dani from texas

Desoto, TX

#4 Jun 25, 2008
and here we go again
STARGAZER

Garland, TX

#5 Jun 25, 2008
Tape this guy to the same tree as the step dad.....then turn the dogs loose....
I'll bet he'll know ALL the words to WHO LET THE DOGS OUT...woof woof!
Tiff

Denton, TX

#6 Jun 25, 2008
Poor dogs...
happy medium

Carrollton, TX

#8 Jun 25, 2008
generally the kind of people that are attracted to pit bulls are not the kind of people that have good intentions with them or are able to take good care of them
Brillo Pad

Dallas, TX

#10 Jun 25, 2008
I love dogs
Lola

Midlothian, TX

#11 Jun 26, 2008
It's a shame that some people have less upstairs than the animals, they tend to keep.
hick

Austin, TX

#12 Jul 14, 2008
All of you who talk crap about pitbulls dont know jack. its not the dogs fault, its the owners. yeah they do have a more aggressive mentality, but if you know how to train them then they are great dogs. I particularly get save pitbulls and rottweilers because I know they like any other dog deserves a chance to live there life and i chose those dogs cause people like you all judge by what you see on tv and newspaper and have never even given a chance to see for yourself how they act when you treat them right and show them the love and attention you do to the dogs that you all have now. yes there are people out there who use them to make money and they need to come out with a law to put them away for life. any abuse to any dog should be taken more serious by law enforcement and they need to come out with more sufficient punishments then a slap on the hand. so if you are posting comments based on what you hear and see then you must be easily influenced on all aspects of life and always judge before you find out for yourself and probably have alot of conflict in your life. animals are the greatest companion anyone can have and my 3 rottweilers i rescued and my 3 pitbulls as well are the most loyal dogs, and i wouldnt trade them for all the money in the world.
pit owner

Paris, TX

#13 Sep 27, 2008
all of you who think pit bulls are mean, you a wrong. its not the breed! its how they are raised. i myself own a pit. and he is the best dog i have ever had. hes a big baby but hes not mean. pit bulls have a bad reputation of being a so called horrible and dangerous breed when in fact its not true. PEOPLE are the ones responsible. Example: GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. i think pits are the most loving and loyal dog you will ever come across, they aim to please. i have been offered $500 for mine n i told them they can kiss my a$$ i wouldnt trade him for the world!so to all of you who say its the breed your very wrong!
Pam

Dallas, TX

#14 Sep 27, 2008
happy medium wrote:
generally the kind of people that are attracted to pit bulls are not the kind of people that have good intentions with them or are able to take good care of them
WHAT?? are you freaking serious?? That is the most STUPID comment I have seen on this comment board.-- so are you saying that the kind of people attracted to those dogs are black, mexican, or white trash??? I am an OBGYN and I have pits.....am I trashy??? Nope- MORON
ms mimi

Dallas, TX

#15 Oct 1, 2008
I really HATE the fact that there are sooo many people who simply are so ignorant about pit bulls ! I have 2 pit bulls(1 year old) who have got to be the biggest spoiled brat babies I have EVER had, I also have three children, who by the way LOVE my "boys" & the "boys" LOVE them 2 !!!!! My dogs go to the dog parks ALL of the time and join in to play w/ any & all off the dogs big & small & what is actually so funny about both of them is that when there is a fight neither one of them wants ANY part of it they run straight to either me or my husband as if we are going to protect them from any danger !!! I will admit my boys are both good size( one weighs 65 lbs, the other 60) so because of the pit bull rep there are alot of people who are terrified of my babies and literally pick up their children or their dogs when we come around w/ our boys & look @ them like they are the devil themselves.....that pisses me off really because alot of people think they are automatically going to attack!!!! Anyway my point is that it's so true that it depends on the owner pit bulls are wonderful dogs who love their owners regardless & just want to please them so if you train to attack they will..as w/ any dog...hell some of the meanest dogs are chihuahuas my family always had those dogs when I was growing up & can't count the times I was bitten by those dogs.
MissA

United States

#16 Feb 13, 2009
There are lots of pits in the animal shelter.I dont understand why so many people breed pits knowing their chances are not good at the pound.I dont even think the mean lady running the city animal shelter adopts out pits.She had them hidden away from the public.
Personage

Prairie Village, KS

#17 May 7, 2010
"My kids are around pit bulls every day. In the '70s they blamed Dobermans, in the '80s they blamed German shepherds, in the '90s they blamed the Rottweiler. Now they blame the pit bull."

- Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer)

“i want my baby to be cleared”

Since: Apr 10

hurst

#18 Jun 27, 2010
evryone one who is hating on pit bulls need to do the research. they are great dogs. yes more aggressive by nature. and the only reason they have such a bad rep is because thats all people report about them. what about mike vics dogs i believe like 82% of them were rehabilitated and are thearapy dogs now. and thats after they were fighting dogs. my husbands roommates liitle 2 yr old girl was walking past the family dog a beagle and out of knowwhere it attacked her. the dogs teeth went into the babies skull. so whats up with that? you all should get educated on pit bulls. i know plenty of upper class people who have pit bulls and love them very much. look around in my neighborhood alone theres at least 20 people with pits. and they are not fighting them or any crazy mess and no problems with children being eat by them either.

hurst

#19 Jun 27, 2010
C Martinez wrote:
Sorry,but Pit Bulls need not be permitted in the city limits.There have been SOOO many incidents,where they have mauled children,even if they have been raised in the home since birth.People who have PIT BULLS,and have children,are not thinking about the saftey of their kids.
are you serious? get educated about the breed before you run your mouth about something you dont really know about

hurst

#20 Jun 27, 2010
happy medium wrote:
you really sound ignorant in this comment. do you know who racheal ray is? guess what kinda dog she has? a red nose pit. you should get educated on pit bulls before you post something like this!!!!
pitt owner from arlington

Grapevine, TX

#21 Aug 15, 2010
hi i have 2 kids i was a pit hater because of the bad reviews on them...my son brought a red nose home and i told him i didn't want nothing to do with that dog to get him out of my house....to make a long story short my pit was used to fight and was abused by teenagers....i've had him for 2 years now and he is the best dog i've ever had..very very smart dog listens to commands and he is a very good protecter. wouldn't give him up for the world. so all u haters need to stop and do research on the dog before u bad mouth them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitutes Murdered in 1994 & 1995 in Grand Pr... (Jan '13) Mon Concerned_Citizen 12
Review: Heart Place - Michael A Graceffo MD (May '09) Apr 12 Poor Practitioner 13
Murder of Terri Missy Bevers (Mar '17) Apr 3 Tootietoot 4
Pete Bishop Mar 31 Fyi 1
illegal immigration and so called day laborers (Mar '07) Mar 30 Karrie 116
kyle parham Mar 27 someone 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Mar '18 Bot 26

Venus Jobs

Personal Finance

Venus Mortgages