What the heck? New law puts new restr...

What the heck? New law puts new restrictions on over the counter purchases

Posted in the Venus Forum

Frisco, TX

#1 Jan 6, 2011
Well America Jan 1st has come an now some of the laws from OBAMACARE are now in full effect. For instance, in the past those of us that use HRA reimbursement accounts could use them not only to pay for perscriptions, co-pays, etc., but we could use them to buy basic over the counter drugs like Claritan for our nagging allergies or common cold medications. Well not anymore! You can if you pay out of pocket, but in order to use pre-tax dollars through HRA plans to buy simple over the counter medicines, you will now have to get a perscription or pay out of pocket. Why the change? This is a stupid new change of law! If I want to use my HRA to buy cough syrup, which I've done numerous times before, I now have to ask my doctor for a perscription and he'll want me to come in and pay a $25 co-pay, then bill my insurance $1,000 for check-up and then give me a perscription for benadryl or Claritan or even TUMS for that matter! Pure lunacy!! Let's all hope the Republicans repeal OBAMACARE and do it quickly. God save our country from the liberal progressive treat everyone fair, politically correct establishment that has corrupted our government!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Mar 10 Bot 26
Richard A. and Mary [Dee] Green (Mar '12) Mar 10 Meee 5
murder unsolved (Nov '09) Mar 4 B Torbellin 37
Arlington Gangs (Jan '09) Feb 27 Hatfields 153
Gangs In Arlington (Aug '07) Feb 26 Anthony C 1,168
Code Enforcemnt Officer James Halstead (Jan '17) Jan '18 Reggie 3
State Troopers from Venus to Midlothian (Apr '17) Apr '17 PCEDW 1

Venus Jobs

Personal Finance

Venus Mortgages