Woman apparently distracted by cellph...

Woman apparently distracted by cellphone killed by Amtrak train in Ventura

There are 9 comments on the KABC LA story from Sep 8, 2012, titled Woman apparently distracted by cellphone killed by Amtrak train in Ventura. In it, KABC LA reports that:

A woman apparently walking and looking down at her cellphone was fatally struck by an Amtrak train in Ventura on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KABC LA.

Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#1 Sep 9, 2012
Too bad more idiots who have their faces buried in their phones don't go this way. The species is better without them in the gene pool.
Amtrak

Culver City, CA

#2 Sep 9, 2012
Best way to commit suicide and not be afraid.. Put on some good music.. And it's over.. :)

“Bring Back the Bush!”

Since: Jul 10

Ventura

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Interesting headline...

Where does the hypothesis that this woman was "distracted" come from if the death was ruled a suicide? Talk about a headline that doesn't match it's corresponding article. No cell phone is so distracting as to prevent someone from hearing an approaching train...blaring horn, screeching brakes, vibrating ground... Hell, I hear that train while at home watching TV a mile away from the accident site.
Collins P Huntington

United States

#4 Mar 7, 2015
Her phone rang and she answered the train.
Santa Fe Pete

Houston, TX

#5 Mar 9, 2015
Collins P Huntington wrote:
Her phone rang and she answered the train.
Must've been some ring tone.
Simon Fitz Michael Fists

Aurora, CO

#6 Mar 21, 2015
Santa Fe Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Must've been some ring tone.
Boy, did she get a wrong number.
Noname

Ojai, CA

#7 Nov 22, 2015
You people are SICK! But funny! I think I might have been witness to her chaotic mental instability. She had headphones & talked up a storm to nobody, cuz they weren't attached to anything but her head. She came into a local restaurant wearing a thong bikini at 8:30 pm...she weighed 2x more than I weigh, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a thong. Yikes. She was bat-sh*t-crazy, but it shouldn't have ended like that for her. When she came out of the restroom with the cardboard TP tube 'tween her cheeks, I lost it. I guess she needed a muffler...
Poor thing. I feel bad now for laughing so hard....
greg

Alhambra, CA

#8 Nov 29, 2015
Anonymous wrote:
Too bad more idiots who have their faces buried in their phones don't go this way. The species is better without them in the gene pool.
Your an idiot!!!!! It was my wife.She took her own life. Sadly it was her only way out. When i picked up her belongings her cell phone was in her bag. I believe she had her hands clasped in prayer. Get your facts straight before you post such stupidity.
greg

Alhambra, CA

#9 Nov 29, 2015
With the exception of Tim. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Anonymous in Ojai. You are sorely mistaken!! Sarah weighed 117 pounds and had long blond hair. Neither you or i could ever imagine the fear that she walked thru that day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ventura Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teri Copley has been arrested, booked for prod... (Aug '16) Dec 8 reallyyyyyy 27
News 7 cities with the most residents struggling to ... Dec 7 Just saying 4
Power was to go out at 5pm for two days, true ... Dec 7 trumpistanner and... 2
War twitted to wrong country Nov 30 tumpforvere 1
OneBody in Yahawashi, Dallas TX: BLACK HATE GRO... Nov 29 Idealistically 4
Captain Azariyah Ben Yosef: A Hero and A Witnes... Nov 29 Hour Man 2
Trump Demands Senior Discounts END Nov 23 Trump2021Committee 1

Ventura Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ventura Mortgages