Oil spill widens; no end in sight

The surface area of a catastrophic Gulf of Mexico oil spill quickly tripled in size amid growing fears among experts that the slick could become vastly more devastating than it seemed just two days ago. Full Story
Spike

San Jose, CA

#1 May 2, 2010
Thank you GW Bush. After 8 years of watering down every regulatory law in favor of big business, gutting the budgets of every regulatory agency, first we have the mining accident and now this. Curious why there is technology in use to today and mandated by other countries that are serious about oversight that would prevent this exact environment disaster, but no, it's much more important to guarantee fuel corporations billions and billions of dollars in profits.

The legacy and damage of GW Bush, the worst president EVER, will continue for generations to come.

I ask again, why haven't we heard form the 'drill baby drill' republicans since this occurred? Not a peep out of Sarah.
Icouldusesomehel p

Downey, CA

#4 May 2, 2010
I wondered how long it would take Obama to respond - 8 days. Bush would have been crucified by the media!
Spike

San Jose, CA

#5 May 2, 2010
Icouldusesomehel p wrote:
I wondered how long it would take Obama to respond - 8 days. Bush would have been crucified by the media!
Crazy isn't it, Obama actually waits until he has information regarding all aspects of the incident before he 'responds', where as GW would stroll outta his Crawford, Tx. ranch, all pissed of that his vacation was ruined again, state that's just a minor spill, no more then a can of motor oil. And then he gets 'crucified' by the liberal media. Just crazy!
ditto

Los Alamitos, CA

#6 May 2, 2010
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy isn't it, Obama actually waits until he has information regarding all aspects of the incident before he 'responds', where as GW would stroll outta his Crawford, Tx. ranch, all **** of that his vacation was ruined again, state that's just a minor spill, no more then a can of motor oil. And then he gets 'crucified' by the liberal media. Just crazy!
Crazy isn't it, your mother blames GW for the day you were born.
Icouldusesomehel p

Downey, CA

#7 May 2, 2010
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy isn't it, Obama actually waits until he has information regarding all aspects of the incident before he 'responds', where as GW would stroll outta his Crawford, Tx. ranch, all **** of that his vacation was ruined again, state that's just a minor spill, no more then a can of motor oil. And then he gets 'crucified' by the liberal media. Just crazy!
I don't know, maybe if it were up to me the day the thing fell over I would have called in ALL the oil companies and experts and told them to "team up", assemble all resources and get this covered ASAP. It seems the "organizer" isn't very organized.

Let's all HOPE...

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 May 2, 2010
way to go o'bummer...ya DA....
Joe Nelson

United States

#10 May 2, 2010
If was smart of Obama to wait 10 days so that the entire Gulf Region would be crippled.

He was busy giving Lectures to his psychopathic followers much like Hugo Chavez or Mao would have done when they were beginning their Rule.
Its the Peoples seat

San Luis Obispo, CA

#11 May 2, 2010
It happened on Obama's watch, therefore it's Obama's fault.

No doubt the 9/11 conspiracy theorists will most certainly state that Obama planned and executed this oil spill.
repeaters

Long Beach, CA

#12 May 3, 2010
That is absolutely false.
live matter first

Long Beach, CA

#13 May 3, 2010
<quoted text>
I don't know, maybe if it were up to me the day the thing fell over I would have called in ALL the oil companies and experts and told them to "team up", assemble all resources and get this covered ASAP. It seems the "organizer" isn't very organized.
Let's all HOPE...
First things first. As soon as it happened first priority was a RESCUE operation and the best were called in. The president has done a good job handling this awful situation.
It Figures

Cobb, CA

#15 May 3, 2010
It was just a matter of seconds, and all you crazy Bush haters come out of the woodwork like cockroaches!

When all those Obama-proposed Nuclear power plants come online, and accidents begin, who you gonna blame then?!

And when all those Obama-proposed East coast oil drilling rigs come online, and accidents begin, who you gonna blame then?!

You nuts better hope we have a Republican President in office by then, so you got somebody to blame!!!

In the meantime, enjoy your big oil/gas sucking SUV... and keep blaming others!
Clint

Sebastian, FL

#16 May 3, 2010
Shit happens,oil is a valuable commodity,does anyone think BP "wanted' this to happen? They lose the oil, and the public relations war.Its an accident,they do happen occasionally.
michael

La Puente, CA

#18 May 3, 2010
Clint wrote:
**** happens,oil is a valuable commodity,does anyone think BP "wanted' this to happen? They lose the oil, and the public relations war.Its an accident,they do happen occasionally.
BP will recoop the oil.they can pump it off the water,but think how many` billions the will make when gas doubles.it all a game.
Icouldusesomehel p

La Habra, CA

#20 May 3, 2010
It's the year 2096. The latest Demoncratic president has screwed up again. The Demoncrats scream in unison: "It's George Bushes fault".

Get over it you incompetent boobs, Barry is a failure!
Blade Underwood

United States

#21 May 4, 2010
I live in Santa Cruz, California and am shattered about this event...I recently retired and intended to move to Venice with my 21 foot aluminum skiff to live and fish with what days I have left on this earth...Please folks, can we for just once keep the political discourse out of this tragedy and pull together as Americans???I am a decorated veteran who believes that our current president is an American citizen and was lawfully elected...I would also accept about any tax increase that would help the folks who live and work in the gulf to get through this terrible event...This is just a thought but at some point I think we have to start thinking that we are all Americans regardless of political affliation and look after one another, Blade.
Clint

Sebastian, FL

#22 May 4, 2010
Blade Underwood wrote:
I live in Santa Cruz, California and am shattered about this event...I recently retired and intended to move to Venice with my 21 foot aluminum skiff to live and fish with what days I have left on this earth...Please folks, can we for just once keep the political discourse out of this tragedy and pull together as Americans???I am a decorated veteran who believes that our current president is an American citizen and was lawfully elected...I would also accept about any tax increase that would help the folks who live and work in the gulf to get through this terrible event...This is just a thought but at some point I think we have to start thinking that we are all Americans regardless of political affliation and look after one another, Blade.
Unfortunately thats nothing but wishful thinking,not to mention any tax increase slated for your stated cause would undoubtedly be diverted to someones pet project,at least in part.Americans give alot of lip service to the importance of bi-partisanship,but in practice expect the opposition to make all the concessions.They enjoy stewing in the angry rhetoric of partisan politics too much to change anything.The supporters of the "change"yes we can President are no different.I suggest enjoying what time you have left with friends and family and insulating yourself as much as possible from the never ending bickering and name calling.
Blade Underwood

United States

#23 May 4, 2010
Clint, thank you for your response...I am well aware that my post could be construed as "Wishful Thinking"...However, without hope what do we have???I will continue to believe that at some point the yelling and manipulation and lies will subside and we Americans will start pulling ourselves in a positive direction...I cannot find it in myself to just give up on America...I firmly believe that we are the last best hope for a very troubled world...Once again, thank you for your responce and I wish you and all the folks in the gulf the the very best and you will be in my thoughts, Blade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 8 hr Hold on there 3,348
Mandatory Evacuations Ordered For Grand Isle, P... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Karen 1
fishing guides (Nov '12) Nov '12 Mallard 1
Hurricane Isaac facts: Wind, water and more (Aug '12) Sep '12 DANNY ROHEDS 5
A look at Gulf oil disaster a year later (Apr '11) Apr '11 deb in nc 1
LA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in L... (Oct '10) Apr '11 I 20 man 207
US clears more deepwater oil drilling in Gulf (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jon 1
•••
•••
•••

Venice Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Venice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Venice News, Events & Info