A look at Gulf oil disaster a year later

A look at Gulf oil disaster a year later

There are 1 comment on the Manawatu Evening Standard story from Apr 18, 2011, titled A look at Gulf oil disaster a year later. In it, Manawatu Evening Standard reports that:

OIL EVERYWHERE: Rich Matthews takes a closer look at oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manawatu Evening Standard.

deb in nc

Charlotte, NC

#1 Apr 19, 2011
what is wrong with the residents of LA? I get that the oil companies supply a lot of jobs, but a good environment also supplies a lot of jobs, are the oil jobs really so much better? If you think so, you might want to talk to one of the widows of the horizon incident. LA is a republican state, you are a proud people who are self-reliant - until tragedy strikes. Now you want to dip into TAX money to bail you out of a crisis. Hey, if you were Goldman Sacs, there would be not one moment of resistance. But you are'nt a big bank with lots of connected guys in high places in the Fed. You are fishermen and sbo's, and you pay your taxes, so you have put in all you can and now, well, as Ci Lo says, Forget you.

I hope you will consider how your elected representatives have reacted to this tragedy. Who is looking out for you (maybe no one). Please evaluate the votes of your representatives. Are they voting for you, or for BP/Horizon/Any other corporation getting welfare from our government.

You have bobby jindall in charge. Is this really the best the people can do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beer Assistant May 15 fisherman 1
News Local hunters make Swamp People' debut (Apr '11) May 2 Swamp People Memo... 14
News Mandatory Evacuations Ordered For Grand Isle, P... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Karen 1
fishing guides (Nov '12) Nov '12 Mallard 1
News Hurricane Isaac facts: Wind, water and more (Aug '12) Sep '12 DANNY ROHEDS 5
News US clears more deepwater oil drilling in Gulf (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jon 1
News First deep-water drilling permit issued for gul... (Mar '11) Mar '11 WeTheSheeple 140
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Venice Mortgages