Coast Guard searching for workers who...

Coast Guard searching for workers who evacuated after explosion...

There are 36 comments on the Fox2Now story from Apr 21, 2010, titled Coast Guard searching for workers who evacuated after explosion.... In it, Fox2Now reports that:

Authorities were searching for missing workers early Wednesday who evacuated after an explosion at an oil drilling platform off the coast of Louisiana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

St. Peters

#1 Apr 22, 2010
We're having too many disasters in our country, first the coal miners and now the oil rig workers. These are dangerous jobs these people are doing to supply us with energy. My sympathies are with all the families of those who are missing and presumed dead.
Ear Full

Gainesville, GA

#2 Apr 29, 2010
By all means, lets blame the ones that are always trying to help! The Goverment & Coast Guard. We all need to take the time thank these people performing the dangerous jobs (Coal Miners also)and when something like this happens, pull together as a nation, and pitch in. These same people that are blaming others for these disasters are going to be the first people bi---ing about the gas prices that are on the rise.
andy

Galliano, LA

#3 Apr 30, 2010
is the government paying people to go bring their boats and help with the spill?
LWM

Decatur, AL

#4 Apr 30, 2010
Not one word in this story was said about the humans who lost their lives.......how sad is that?
Rhoadee

Haleyville, AL

#5 Apr 30, 2010
The most important things for Obama to do are: 1, place blame. 2 stop drilling and punish average Americans. I am all for developing other energy sources. Right now this spill needs to be cleaned up. (If Possible) But we still need the oil now. So drill baby drill.
David in Grant

New Hope, AL

#6 Apr 30, 2010
Why is it that Halliburton is back in the news again. Seems like they are involved alot in one kind of disaster or another lately. Well that is the way it works I guess. So I guess Bush's bunch of dimwits have done it to us again.
JCU Dave

Northfield, OH

#7 May 1, 2010
Bush is still punishing the State of LA?!?! WHY! Didn't he do enough by starting that Katrina thing?!

Since: Apr 10

Cleveland, OH

#8 May 1, 2010
Rhoadee- You're dumber than a box of hammers. I suppose you drive a big gas guzzler, too.
Oh Brother

United States

#9 May 1, 2010
Rhoadee wrote:
The most important things for Obama to do are: 1, place blame. 2 stop drilling and punish average Americans. I am all for developing other energy sources. Right now this spill needs to be cleaned up.(If Possible) But we still need the oil now. So drill baby drill.
If W were prez he would be blamed. The hypocrites aren't blaming Obummer though. This one result of our liberal government not allowing us to drill on dry land.(Alaska) Drilling for oil is necessary and risky. If you have a spill on dry ground at least it can be cleaned up much easier. Also it costs much less not having to build these costly water rigs. It would be great if we didn't need oil. But, trust me, that ain't happening. Vote out the environmentalist idiots and hypocrites.(They drive cars and fly expensive airplanes that require oil too.)
Oh Brother

United States

#10 May 1, 2010
JCU Dave wrote:
Bush is still punishing the State of LA?!?! WHY! Didn't he do enough by starting that Katrina thing?!
He's a mean man that George Bush.:o)
Oh Brother

United States

#11 May 1, 2010
Luckymom1989 wrote:
Rhoadee- You're dumber than a box of hammers. I suppose you drive a big gas guzzler, too.
Which is much smarter than a box of environmental whacko's.

Since: Mar 10

Montgomery, AL

#12 May 1, 2010
Oh Brother wrote:
<quoted text> Which is much smarter than a box of environmental whacko's.
Why is it the ones who supposedly love God the most, disrespect his creation the most?(And the people fighting for it.)

These are the same people who don't believe in evolution. Sorry, just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it ain't happening right now as we speak. None of them want to believe their huge, 4-wheel powered big rigs are mass contributing to the destruction of our ozone layer.

These are people who don't believe in global warming, that it's all a ploy by the liberal media. I can't believe how stupid people are. Let's just cover our eyes and say "lalalalalalalala!"
Your Mama

Jamestown, NY

#13 May 1, 2010
Drill spill" Drill spill"
It will happen over and over again! Wonder how many times a oil tanker has gone down miles and miles out in the ocean that hasn't been reported? Man is destroying Gods planet! What is going to replace all of the oil and natural gas we are pumping out of mother earth? Think maybe someday the earth will "IMPLODE" on its self? Take the air out of a tire and what happens? And with all the earthquakes don't you think them open pockets are collapsing? God giveth and God shall taketh away!
JCU Dave

Northfield, OH

#14 May 1, 2010
Your Mama wrote:
Drill spill" Drill spill"
It will happen over and over again! Wonder how many times a oil tanker has gone down miles and miles out in the ocean that hasn't been reported? Man is destroying Gods planet! What is going to replace all of the oil and natural gas we are pumping out of mother earth? Think maybe someday the earth will "IMPLODE" on its self? Take the air out of a tire and what happens? And with all the earthquakes don't you think them open pockets are collapsing? God giveth and God shall taketh away!

We'll replace the empty space with hydro carbons from my Ford Excursion that gets 5MPG on the highway... Maybe we can chop up baby seals and some polar bears to fill the gap.. If your head hasn't collapsed yet, I don't think we have anything to worry about with empty spaces... Now stop using your Laptop or Desktop because you don't understand that the silicone and process of making a computer is more detrimental to the enviroment than a semi truck....
Oh Brother

Bossier City, LA

#15 May 1, 2010
Jillofalltrades wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it the ones who supposedly love God the most, disrespect his creation the most?(And the people fighting for it.)
These are the same people who don't believe in evolution. Sorry, just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it ain't happening right now as we speak. None of them want to believe their huge, 4-wheel powered big rigs are mass contributing to the destruction of our ozone layer.
These are people who don't believe in global warming, that it's all a ploy by the liberal media. I can't believe how stupid people are. Let's just cover our eyes and say "lalalalalalalala!"
If the shoe fits.
Oh Brother

Bossier City, LA

#16 May 1, 2010
Jillofalltrades wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen the ozone layer? What do you drive? A mule? Bicycle? If you are alive, you are consuming oil everyday. Could you name something now that doesn't require oil to produce?
Oh Brother

Bossier City, LA

#17 May 1, 2010
JCU Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll replace the empty space with hydro carbons from my Ford Excursion that gets 5MPG on the highway... Maybe we can chop up baby seals and some polar bears to fill the gap.. If your head hasn't collapsed yet, I don't think we have anything to worry about with empty spaces... Now stop using your Laptop or Desktop because you don't understand that the silicone and process of making a computer is more detrimental to the enviroment than a semi truck....
Dave Dave Dave. Lighten up. You're telling the truth and hurting others. Play nice :o)

Montgomery, AL

#18 May 1, 2010
Oh Brother wrote:
<quoted text> Have you ever seen the ozone layer? What do you drive? A mule? Bicycle? If you are alive, you are consuming oil everyday. Could you name something now that doesn't require oil to produce?
A bike, actually, yes. My feet get me around pretty well too.

Are you seriously as ignorant as you're making yourself out to be?

Montgomery, AL

#19 May 1, 2010
Oh Brother wrote:
<quoted text> Which is much smarter than a box of environmental whacko's.
Your brilliance is overwhelmingly clear, especially with that curious apostrophe. I'm sure you just put in it there for decoration, right? Like you do with deer heads on your wall?
Oh Brother

United States

#20 May 2, 2010
Jillofalltrades wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brilliance is overwhelmingly clear, especially with that curious apostrophe. I'm sure you just put in it there for decoration, right? Like you do with deer heads on your wall?
Lighten up a little. You don't know me. And don't want to. Its fun to agitate libs. They sadly have no sense of humour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beer Assistant May 15 fisherman 1
News Local hunters make Swamp People' debut (Apr '11) May 2 Swamp People Memo... 14
News Mandatory Evacuations Ordered For Grand Isle, P... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Karen 1
fishing guides (Nov '12) Nov '12 Mallard 1
News Hurricane Isaac facts: Wind, water and more (Aug '12) Sep '12 DANNY ROHEDS 5
News A look at Gulf oil disaster a year later (Apr '11) Apr '11 deb in nc 1
News US clears more deepwater oil drilling in Gulf (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jon 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Venice Mortgages