BP chairman: Cause of oil spill was unforeseen

BP's chairman defended his company's safety record and said Sunday that "a failed piece of equipment" was to blame for a massive oil spill along the Gulf Coast, where President Barack Obama got a firsthand update on the slick creeping toward American shores. Full Story

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

#1 May 2, 2010
How can anyone keep a straight face and say it was unforeseeable that an undersea oil well close to land would result in a major spill if the redundant "fail-safe" systems fail to plug a leak? BP better start placing orders for ShamWows to sop it up. They work much better than the paper towels Exxon used to wipe off rocks.
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#4 May 2, 2010
I feel that every last CEO of BP should be thrown into a real prison. Not a country club. It would also be nice if they got corn holed the first night in prison. Happy Earth Day!!
Cornholer

York, PA

#5 May 2, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
I feel that every last CEO of BP should be thrown into a real prison. Not a country club. It would also be nice if they got corn holed the first night in prison. Happy Earth Day!!
No, no, no...wrong punishment! If THEY were ever corn-holed as often as you have been, they would be extremely nuts as well. One nut case is enough! But you did get my attention on that cornholin' thingy.
Woody

York, PA

#6 May 2, 2010
I think all the big BP suits and ties should get out there and clean this mess up. They created it, they profit from it so they should be the ones to clean it up.. and they should be the ones to pay for it.. Every single penny..

Boycott BP gas stations while youre at it..
News Skeptic

United States

#7 May 2, 2010
Here is a powerful news story regarding this issue.

Read it for yourself !

Who knows if it's true or not, but it does make you think !

The link below will take you directly to the news story.

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/05/us-orders-blac...
kal

United States

#8 May 3, 2010
Woody wrote:
I think all the big BP suits and ties should get out there and clean this mess up. They created it, they profit from it so they should be the ones to clean it up.. and they should be the ones to pay for it.. Every single penny..
Boycott BP gas stations while youre at it..
this has terrorist attack written all over on it! think about it for a second! let's regroup, and recover our losses. then,,,,,,oh well
Tony

Tampa, FL

#9 May 3, 2010
A failed piece of equipment is "what" resulted in the oil spill.....

Putting profits ahead of safety was the "CAUSE" of the oli spill
Glasnos

Deltona, FL

#10 May 4, 2010
I see all the enviornmental nutjobs are out.
There is just a chance an envionmental nut job like ELF is responsible for the explosion ... that just coincidentally happened on "earth day"

As for the rest of you ... quit your whining and do your part ... and refuse to use any fossil fuels. If everyone stops using fozzil fuels, there won't be a market for them ... will there? And no need to drill. So lets all boycott fossil fuels ... shall we?
And if you are not willing to stop using fossil fuels ... you are part of the problem ... and partly to blame.
We ARE Doomed

York, PA

#11 May 4, 2010
Glasnos wrote:
I see all the enviornmental nutjobs are out.
There is just a chance an envionmental nut job like ELF is responsible for the explosion ... that just coincidentally happened on "earth day"
As for the rest of you ... quit your whining and do your part ... and refuse to use any fossil fuels. If everyone stops using fozzil fuels, there won't be a market for them ... will there? And no need to drill. So lets all boycott fossil fuels ... shall we?
And if you are not willing to stop using fossil fuels ... you are part of the problem ... and partly to blame.
And YOU do not have your air-conditioner on in Florida today, do you? Later, gotta' go hitch up the horse and buggy to get to work. What about all that fartin' those horses do (not to mention cows/steers/chihuahuas ...global warming due to animal farts rising into the upper atmosphere. Uh oh, think I just heard a loud boom; Three Mile Island must have gone off, AGAIN! Peace Brother, this IS the 21st Century...for how long...don't really know.
spilldill

UK

#13 May 9, 2010
BP have built a new oil rig with a very tall chimney; a spokesman said we're very sorry but it appears we've had the plans upside down again!

3 days later reports have been made, that the oil rig has now got a large chimney type tube sticking out from the side of the oil rig! my son said; think BP has gone and got it 'wrong' again DaD !
abird

UK

#14 May 9, 2010
I think the boss of BP is the 'devils egg & bacon sandwich' don't you!
dolphinspirit

UK

#17 May 13, 2010
Thankyou for the black slippery stinking frite!
that burned my lungs an stole my sight!
I trusted, careing man, and gave him my delight!
but he choked me and stole my life!
oh beings on two legs you be!
what right have you to take my life so easily!
as I nurtured my young my eyes burned blind!
how could you be so incredibly kind!
and take my baby and my life!
in stinking horror and vile black slippery, oil!
its! just not right!
senior person

UK

#18 May 13, 2010
Drop the Top Hat on the Chairmans Head!
heimeia

UK

#25 May 21, 2010
BP Chairman is the Devils Egg & Bacon Sandwich! with extra Brown Evil Sticky Smelly Sause!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mandatory Evacuations Ordered For Grand Isle, P... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Karen 1
fishing guides (Nov '12) Nov '12 Mallard 1
Hurricane Isaac facts: Wind, water and more (Aug '12) Sep '12 DANNY ROHEDS 5
A look at Gulf oil disaster a year later (Apr '11) Apr '11 deb in nc 1
US clears more deepwater oil drilling in Gulf (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jon 1
First deep-water drilling permit issued for gul... (Mar '11) Mar '11 WeTheSheeple 140
Who do you support for U.S. House in Louisiana ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 sweet liars 7
Venice Dating
Find my Match

Venice Jobs

Venice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Venice News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Venice

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]