What's important
Neal McB

Venice, FL

#1 Dec 15, 2011
I think the polls are misleading as to what the people believe is important. They all say we are mostly concerned with jobs, but is that really true? I can't believe that people who have secure jobs are more concerned by people not having jobs over the higher prices they continue to pay for goods.
Our government claims inflation is less tha 3.5%, but have you shopped for groceries lately?I heard a friend comment on how cheap gas is now, even though it's more than a dollar a gallon higher than last year.
The economy is slowly recovering, and I won't get into an arguement about the cause. However, with the Fed printing billions of dollars, inflation will skyrocket if the economy suddenly recovers. So what should be our most important concern. Jobs, or bankrupting people on fixed income.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flea marker Sep 10 Lil man 1
News Erosion along Manasota Key causes concern among... Aug '16 Brandon 1
News Hollywood: Police charge two men in vandalism o... (Jul '08) Aug '16 indict ivan speklir 12
News Police: Woman fatally shot fleeing robbery atte... (Sep '08) Aug '16 Big Cousin 36
Love the flea melt there...just visiting but i ... Aug '16 Lil man 1
flea market Aug '16 ohio resident 2
News Jehovah's Witnesses take faith -- and mops -- t... Jul '16 carlossantana 6

Venice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Venice Mortgages