GOP looks for upset in race for Calif...

GOP looks for upset in race for Calif. House seat

There are 69 comments on the MSNBC story from Jul 10, 2011, titled GOP looks for upset in race for Calif. House seat. In it, MSNBC reports that:

Coastal California is Democratic turf, where the party often rolls up landslide victories for its candidates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lance Winslow

Aptos, CA

#1 Jul 10, 2011
Golly, I sure hope the GOP gets all three of their registered voters to turn out here!

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#2 Jul 10, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
Golly, I sure hope the GOP gets all three of their registered voters to turn out here!
Woof, Lancislow, If the GOP candidate loses, it is no news. If he wins, it will shake the White House! California is a basket case. Democrats have controlled California forever. Don't bring up the Governator, he was a Republican in name only.
Marga

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2011
My sister lives in California, and she thinks the Democrats could lose that Special. Theyv'e just had it with the Democrats, and there isn't enough illegal aliens in that District to carry the Democrat.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Jul 10, 2011
FreeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Woof, Lancislow, If the GOP candidate loses, it is no news. If he wins, it will shake the White House! California is a basket case. Democrats have controlled California forever. Don't bring up the Governator, he was a Republican in name only.
The GOPasaurs couldn't even manage to hold onto a nearly all-republican district in New York this year, thanks to their candidate supporting the Cantor-Kill-Medicare proposal.

I'm sure they'll do better in a deep blue democratic district in California.......(eyes rolling.....)....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Jul 10, 2011
Marga wrote:
My sister lives in California, and she thinks the Democrats could lose that Special. Theyv'e just had it with the Democrats, and there isn't enough illegal aliens in that District to carry the Democrat.
So obviously you're as much of a bigot (and a moron) as your sister. It must run in the family.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 10, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So obviously you're as much of a bigot (and a moron) as your sister. It must run in the family.
Only a lib moron would claim fact as bigotry.... are there not illegal aliens in CA?
ABSOdamnLUTELY there are.... guess that makes you an idiot many MANY times over.
But we already know that.

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#7 Jul 10, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOPasaurs couldn't even manage to hold onto a nearly all-republican district in New York this year, thanks to their candidate supporting the Cantor-Kill-Medicare proposal.
I'm sure they'll do better in a deep blue democratic district in California.......(eyes rolling.....)....
Woof, Lanolinbreath, If you knew anything you would know the winning Democrat did not get 50% of the vote in the NY District. What really happened was the Democrats ran a FAKE candidate under the TEA Party label, but that candidate was actually an old Democrat hack. However, the TEA Party label on the ballot managed to siphon off enough votes to give the elections to the Democrat. If you add the votes of the Republican and the TEA Party (fake) candidate together, the total was well over 50%. In other words, the Dems won by dirty trick - What's New! Nothing to do with Medicare.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Jul 10, 2011
Never Trust Politrickians wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a lib moron would claim fact as bigotry.... are there not illegal aliens in CA?
ABSOdamnLUTELY there are.... guess that makes you an idiot many MANY times over.
But we already know that.
And now we all know you still have reading comprehension problems.

I never said there weren't illegals in California, just that they aren't responsible for the GOPasaurs losing elections.
serfs up

Clermont, FL

#9 Jul 10, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So obviously you're as much of a bigot (and a moron) as your sister. It must run in the family.
As the cuts expand and intertwine as resources continue to diminish across America we will see how you personally react and how "non bigoted" you are. Stand strong when that happens.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Jul 10, 2011
FreeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Woof, Lanolinbreath, If you knew anything you would know the winning Democrat did not get 50% of the vote in the NY District. What really happened was the Democrats ran a FAKE candidate under the TEA Party label, but that candidate was actually an old Democrat hack. However, the TEA Party label on the ballot managed to siphon off enough votes to give the elections to the Democrat. If you add the votes of the Republican and the TEA Party (fake) candidate together, the total was well over 50%. In other words, the Dems won by dirty trick - What's New! Nothing to do with Medicare.
That's how politics work, especially in New York. If the GOPasaurs are too stupid to figure out how to counter that, then they don't deserve to win.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 10, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And now we all know you still have reading comprehension problems.
I never said there weren't illegals in California, just that they aren't responsible for the GOPasaurs losing elections.
wrong again you liar lib douche.... you were calling anyone who said we had a problem with illegals in this country a bigot.

The lies flow from your mouth faster than the air you breathe.

YOu are truly a libtard.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#12 Jul 10, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
Golly, I sure hope the GOP gets all three of their registered voters to turn out here!
Golly, if they deported all the illegal aliens there would only be 3 democrats left, and at least one of them would probably be incarcerated.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13 Jul 10, 2011
The fact that there even a race is news. Jane Harman won the district with nearly 70% last time. If the Republicans get over 40% this will be a shocker.
Marga

United States

#14 Jul 10, 2011
Sticks, and stones Amigo. You people call names when you want to stop the debate. It doesn't work anymore. We don't care what you call us. You should hear what we call you !!! We will continue to address the illegal alien problem into the next election cycle, and the one after that, until you are all deported. There is no reason why people cannot enter this country legally like law abiding people do.
true

Moneta, VA

#15 Jul 11, 2011
Ilegals, gays, mexifornia is a cess pool in need of a flush

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#16 Jul 11, 2011
The way Kaliforia is bleeding any other part would be better than the USELESSCRATS they have running the state. Look at the mess that has been creataed. At least if they could elect someone besides a murky waters it would say that Kalifornia wants t succeed inthe future. Look at allthe jobs that have left Kaliforia for other places. All I can say it is BIG BROTHER to MA and our economy here is going jusst like Kalifornia's. All I see here is closed, for sale signs, for rent sign and yard sales of people wanting to sell their goods and get out. Like the did not saay in the beverly Hillbillies,"KALIFORNIA IS NOT THE PLACE TO GO".

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#17 Jul 11, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
Golly, I sure hope the GOP gets all three of their registered voters to turn out here!
so the 2 black guys with the clubs can beat them?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Jul 11, 2011
Never Trust Politrickians wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong again you liar lib douche.... you were calling anyone who said we had a problem with illegals in this country a bigot.
The lies flow from your mouth faster than the air you breathe.
YOu are truly a libtard.
You're even dumber than you sound.

The comment I was responding to (go back and read it again you moron) was ".....there isn't enough illegals in that district to carry the Democrat".

Anyone with even half a brain (obviously you don't qualify) can see that was an obvious dig at hispanics, with the assumption being they're all illegals who vote for the Democrat.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#19 Jul 11, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're even dumber than you sound.
The comment I was responding to (go back and read it again you moron) was ".....there isn't enough illegals in that district to carry the Democrat".
Anyone with even half a brain (obviously you don't qualify) can see that was an obvious dig at hispanics, with the assumption being they're all illegals who vote for the Democrat.
The only thing obvious is your missing intellect you stupid douche.... are only so called "Hispanics" illegal?

Moron.

Are you dumb enough to say that your messiah is not courting the illegals for their votes? Cuz you libtards allow the dead, the missing, hell... even imaginary folks to vote. THAT is the DemocRAT way.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Jul 11, 2011
Marga wrote:
Sticks, and stones Amigo. You people call names when you want to stop the debate. It doesn't work anymore. We don't care what you call us. You should hear what we call you !!! We will continue to address the illegal alien problem into the next election cycle, and the one after that, until you are all deported. There is no reason why people cannot enter this country legally like law abiding people do.
Of course people should enter the country legally, when have I ever said they shouldn't?

Unless you have proof of the number of illegals in that district, and proof those illegals are voting, your original comment can easily be interpreted as anti-hispanic hysteria.

So this is your opportunity to clarify your statement that ".....there isn't enough illegals in that disrict to carry the democrat".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inglewood Jukebox (Oct '14) Thu Musikologist 3
My Newest Original Writing or Essay - "Slave Cl... Sep 2 Patricia_McGurk 1
News Collecting fire trucks becomes career for Joe O... (Jul '09) Sep 1 concerned citizen 14
News Brown seeks to broaden California's clean-energ... Aug 30 Solarman 1
Democracy Symphony - My Newest Work (Still in P... Aug 25 Patricia_McGurk 1
News Costco store announced for Woodland Hills (Aug '10) Aug 23 cisnerospainting 28
News CMA Awards nominees: Taylor Swift shut out for ... (Sep '14) Aug 23 fame expert 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Venice Mortgages