The Hill District: Still waiting for ...

The Hill District: Still waiting for something great to happen

There are 11 comments on the O-R Online story from Dec 28, 2013, titled The Hill District: Still waiting for something great to happen. In it, O-R Online reports that:

The childhood home of playwright August Wilson at Roberts Street and Bedford Avenue in the Hill District.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at O-R Online.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Dec 29, 2013
God helps those who help themselves.

Since: Feb 11

Philadelphia

#2 Dec 29, 2013
I just bought a place in the Hill District. Anything I should be concerned about?

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Dec 29, 2013
Fat Abbott wrote:
I just bought a place in the Hill District. Anything I should be concerned about?
Same as my place on Perry Hilltop, taxes and no city services.
Old Cynic sux

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Dec 29, 2013
Good gawd, another government leech (social security/medicare, as defined by the GOP) in the city, forever whining!

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Dec 30, 2013
Old Cynic sux wrote:
Good gawd, another government leech (social security/medicare, as defined by the GOP) in the city, forever whining!
There is no "GOP" in the city. Democrats and progressive democratic liberals who vote for a living and people who prefer to live as the third world does.

I challenge you once again, pick any warm evening and walk Perrysville Avenue from Watson Blvd down to the Federal Street extension.
Old Cynic SUX

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Dec 30, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "GOP" in the city. Democrats and progressive democratic liberals who vote for a living and people who prefer to live as the third world does.
I challenge you once again, pick any warm evening and walk Perrysville Avenue from Watson Blvd down to the Federal Street extension.
No GOP in the city? PRAISE THE LORD, WE HAVE BEEN SAVED!

And living like the Third World? What utterly ignorant B.S.! I've been to third world nations in Africa and Asia, azzwipe! Do you lack clean water? Are their sanitary sewers? Emergency medical care and hospitals? What a fool!

And I wouldn't spend any time whatsoever among ignorant, bigoted white trash like yourself!

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Dec 30, 2013
Old Cynic SUX wrote:
<quoted text>
No GOP in the city? PRAISE THE LORD, WE HAVE BEEN SAVED!
And living like the Third World? What utterly ignorant B.S.! I've been to third world nations in Africa and Asia, azzwipe! Do you lack clean water? Are their sanitary sewers? Emergency medical care and hospitals? What a fool!
And I wouldn't spend any time whatsoever among ignorant, bigoted white trash like yourself!
You wont find any white trash on your walkabout. You'll find homes with the plumbing torn out. You'll find that the white built infrastructure is being dismantled for scrap or, who knows, what else.

My African experience has included maintenance of a water system in the Eastern part of the continent. I used yearly vacation to help maintain the system that we helped the locals build. Each year they tear out the pipe and use it for supports for awnings and for canvas supports in the markets. Much the same as the Northside residents are using the buildings and properties that they found when they colonized the Perry Hilltop area. Sad part is they are still living in these stripped out buildings and still blaming the man for it. Count the number of gas meter bypasses that you find. Be careful though, those radiator hoses aren't the safest thing in a civilized world.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#8 Dec 30, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You wont find any white trash on your walkabout. You'll find homes with the plumbing torn out. You'll find that the white built infrastructure is being dismantled for scrap or, who knows, what else.
My African experience has included maintenance of a water system in the Eastern part of the continent. I used yearly vacation to help maintain the system that we helped the locals build. Each year they tear out the pipe and use it for supports for awnings and for canvas supports in the markets. Much the same as the Northside residents are using the buildings and properties that they found when they colonized the Perry Hilltop area. Sad part is they are still living in these stripped out buildings and still blaming the man for it. Count the number of gas meter bypasses that you find. Be careful though, those radiator hoses aren't the safest thing in a civilized world.
Yeah, there are no white trash, dilapidated neighborhoods in Pittsburgh.

Stop. Just stop.
Old Cynic SUX

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Dec 30, 2013
Hey, old man, when people post anonymously, one often finds their resumes are somewhat overblown... if not littered with outright lies in the foolish and futile attempt to augment a credibility that even a cursory examination of their past posts would demonstrate never existed. That would be your case, putz. You're still a bigoted and ignorant piece of white trash living on the public dole, old fool, like many of those you would claim a position of superiority over.

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there are no white trash, dilapidated neighborhoods in Pittsburgh.
Stop. Just stop.
Actually there are very few. They have left and went to the suburbs and even to other states, mostly south of Pittsburgh. There are integrated neighborhoods, but no white neighborhoods. But there are plenty of "black" neighborhoods without a white resident. I know you believe that all white people are useless, but that does not change the fact. Every neighborhood in the city of Pittsburgh has a Negro family or two or more living there.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#11 Dec 30, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are very few. They have left and went to the suburbs and even to other states, mostly south of Pittsburgh. There are integrated neighborhoods, but no white neighborhoods. But there are plenty of "black" neighborhoods without a white resident. I know you believe that all white people are useless, but that does not change the fact. Every neighborhood in the city of Pittsburgh has a Negro family or two or more living there.
No, uselessness is determined by character, not skin color. You'll learn this when you grow up and learn to read books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venetia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Insider's Guide: Aquariums within a day trip of... Tue weaponX 1
News Local Pub Offering Customers Discount To Put Do... (Jun '16) Mon CNN Fake News 7
Are liberals Retarded Sun ThomasA 2
Swingers (Oct '16) Jun 25 Nine Inches of Na... 11
Trump Claps Back At Peduto Jun 24 WHERES MY PANTS 2
Yes....HIM Jun 24 Bloop 3
Looking to get numb Jun 24 GotyaCovered 29

Venetia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Venetia Mortgages