Would you consider that Pittsburgh is a Racist city?

Posted in the Venetia Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 18, 2010
I see alot of comments about race here in Pgh. I really would like to know true Pittsburgher's thoughts on this ongoing subject. Thanks!
Silky Johnson

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Feb 18, 2010
Black are the biggest Haters, just ask Silky Johnson.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#5 Feb 18, 2010
Sure you have racists like Nobama who posts here, but in general Pittsburgh is a very diverse city whose population seems to get along very well.
Silky Johnson

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Feb 18, 2010
Google "Silky Johnson"
Ralph

Franklin, TN

#7 Feb 18, 2010
Everybody's a racist and has discriminated in someway. Who cares. Just do what you do and bypass negative people. There's bigger problems Pittsburgh need to worry about.
Ralph

Franklin, TN

#13 Feb 18, 2010
I wouldent say never but in any of our life times no. People have the right to believe in what ever they want. If you choose to be an ignorant racist thats your right.

“Rickroll me I dare you.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#14 Feb 18, 2010
WDRussell wrote:
Sure you have racists like Nobama who posts here, but in general Pittsburgh is a very diverse city whose population seems to get along very well.
Pittsburgh is an extremely undiverse city. There are many blacks and many whites and thats about it. A bowl of apples and oranges is not a bowl of mixed fruit, its a bowl of apples and oranges.

Looking at Census data, there's only about 7000 Asian people in Pittsburgh. And out of those 7000, they're almost all in the East End.

After having lived all around the country, I can safely say that Pittsburgh is, in fact, a very racist city. I've lived in the South and I always figured race would have been a greater issue there than it would be in the North. Boy was I wrong. There is a saying about slave relations from the 19th century that still rings very true, at least in cities like Pittsburgh. In the south, white men don't mind black men as long as the black men aren't too big. In the north, white men don't mind black men as long as the black men aren't too close.

I never thought I would see the day when I'd speak to normal working class white women and hear the utterly racist and disgusting things that would come out of their mouths. I'm not talking about the extreme Nazist and KKK racist views. But just the general misconception that black people are all criminals, druggies, welfare recipients, etc. Its appalling.

Yes, Pittsburgh is a very racist city.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#15 Feb 18, 2010
Ralph wrote:
I wouldent say never but in any of our life times no. People have the right to believe in what ever they want. If you choose to be an ignorant racist thats your right.
I totally agree with you Ralph. Thanks for the post! By the way, what is the climate like down there on race?
Ralph

Franklin, TN

#17 Feb 18, 2010
Freddy Pickle wrote:
<quoted text>
Pittsburgh is an extremely undiverse city. There are many blacks and many whites and thats about it. A bowl of apples and oranges is not a bowl of mixed fruit, its a bowl of apples and oranges.
Looking at Census data, there's only about 7000 Asian people in Pittsburgh. And out of those 7000, they're almost all in the East End.
After having lived all around the country, I can safely say that Pittsburgh is, in fact, a very racist city. I've lived in the South and I always figured race would have been a greater issue there than it would be in the North. Boy was I wrong. There is a saying about slave relations from the 19th century that still rings very true, at least in cities like Pittsburgh. In the south, white men don't mind black men as long as the black men aren't too big. In the north, white men don't mind black men as long as the black men aren't too close.
I never thought I would see the day when I'd speak to normal working class white women and hear the utterly racist and disgusting things that would come out of their mouths. I'm not talking about the extreme Nazist and KKK racist views. But just the general misconception that black people are all criminals, druggies, welfare recipients, etc. Its appalling.
Yes, Pittsburgh is a very racist city.
. "But just the general misconception that black people are all criminals, druggies, welfare recipients, etc. Its appalling." How do you think this misconception was formed?
Ralph

Franklin, TN

#19 Feb 18, 2010
More blacks glorify the above than I have ever heard any people stereotype them as. That's the problem and the misconception.
Eddy Cucumber

Gibsonia, PA

#20 Feb 18, 2010
I've seen worse in Boston, and on the same level in Atlanta.

Is this town racist? Some people are, not all.

I am still amazed when I hear the N word at a local tavern, after all these years. Not sure how to change the attitude.

Location hidden

#22 Feb 18, 2010
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>. "But just the general misconception that black people are all criminals, druggies, welfare recipients, etc. Its appalling." How do you think this misconception was formed?
My racist attitudes and stereotypes. How else?

Location hidden

#23 Feb 18, 2010
Ralph wrote:
More blacks glorify the above than I have ever heard any people stereotype them as. That's the problem and the misconception.
Here is a fine example of the racist attitudes toward black people that perpetuates the stereotypes and hatred. Very few people, black white or otherwise, "glorify" crime, drugs or welfare. Get your had out of that white hood and bring it back to reality, you bigot.
Ralph

Franklin, TN

#26 Feb 18, 2010
Freddy Pickle wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a fine example of the racist attitudes toward black people that perpetuates the stereotypes and hatred. Very few people, black white or otherwise, "glorify" crime, drugs or welfare. Get your had out of that white hood and bring it back to reality, you bigot.
This is why racism will never end. I stated a fact not an attack.You know this is true but you will not except it because you love playing a victim. Many,many prominent African Americans have stated this. Its sad but it is what it is. Your just to weak to admit to it. Soak some BET up tonight. I think Michael Vick got a brand new show and convicted pistol pack in dope head Lil wayne is a regular.After all that is "black entertainment" right. Its brought on by themselves..
Ralph

Franklin, TN

#28 Feb 18, 2010
Bet Freddie Pickle is mad right now I stole his victim card..
Silky Johnson

Pittsburgh, PA

#29 Feb 18, 2010
Ralph wrote:
Bet Freddie Pickle is mad right now I stole his victim card..
Raplh, the gay obamite soldier, wears his G.I. issued skivies backwards.
Peter

Pittsburgh, PA

#31 Feb 18, 2010
I've lived in California, Long Island, and Boston, also, and I think Boston and Pittsburgh are the most racist of these places:

California: few natives; most people moved there from elsewhere (inside US or outside); more of a melting pot; lots of Mexicans and southeast Asians

Boston and Pittsburgh: some neighborhoods of entrenched, inherited poverty, lots of segregation; Boston has a descendants of Irish and Italians; Pittsburgh has descendants of Eastern Europeans. Pittsburgh has few recent immigrants.

New York City & Long Island: more fluid than Boston or Pittsburgh: melting pots, many many ethnic groups. Many recent immigrants.
Ralph

Franklin, TN

#32 Feb 18, 2010
Silky Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Raplh, the gay obamite soldier, wears his G.I. issued skivies backwards.
Go ahead and eat you 50 cent banquet pot pie for dinner and watch the 700 club before you bed down at 7pm you old country bumpkin you!
Get Lost

Belle Vernon, PA

#34 Feb 18, 2010
steelsmith will make millions from people paying him to go away !

Location hidden

#35 Feb 19, 2010
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text> This is why racism will never end. I stated a fact not an attack.You know this is true but you will not except it because you love playing a victim. Many,many prominent African Americans have stated this. Its sad but it is what it is. Your just to weak to admit to it. Soak some BET up tonight. I think Michael Vick got a brand new show and convicted pistol pack in dope head Lil wayne is a regular.After all that is "black entertainment" right. Its brought on by themselves..
I'm white. And you're still racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venetia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vaccination opponents protest bill from Allento... 8 hr silly rabbit 1
green 9 hr Momma70 1
looking to start a motorcycle club this summer. 11 hr too many already 3
Don't shop at walmart 2281 they treat employees... (Jan '11) Sun Dana 8
A local's guide to the best eating and drinking... Sun chad edward hatten 1 3
Brunner wins big at Addy Awards Sun chad edward hatten 1 1
Avella PA Whites Only Sun Old Cynic 4

Flood Watch for Washington County was issued at March 03 at 5:46AM EST

Venetia Dating
Find my Match