Review: Allgood Home Improvement
John Holmes

United States

#63 Aug 17, 2012
I would plug the daughters box just to see if her voice goes a little higher!
William

Fayetteville, NC

#64 Aug 28, 2012
OMG Listen people and this is serious. A friend of mine got ALLGOOD windows replaced in her home. SHe opted for the 100% financin. Windows installed and a year later she goe to get refinanced and foinds out the ALLGOOD put a ien on her house. None of the documents she signed had this language in it. She is a Professor at a College here and has a MBA in Business. I assre you she did not she the paperwork. BE CAREFUL. THey are using a sort of Ponzi scheme to finance you 100% and then take your home when you default. 22K worth of windows and thehouse is worth 500K. I would not use ALLGOOD nless you are paying cash. The sales person will come to you and give you this stry about "How he is not a sales person" And then proceed to try and scam you. I paid cash for my windows, but he started off with 16K I paid 5K for all windows. How did I get from 16K to 5K? Simple told him I was not interested and the price dropped 11K in less than 30 seconds. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Windows are great, Company has some intergity problem.
Megan welsh

United States

#65 Oct 1, 2012
DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!! I really wish I would have done more research on this company! We payed $10,000 for 12 windows that were apparently the bogo special and not only did they install them completely wrong the first time we had some that were even crooked! We made them come out and reinstall every single window. We have now had these windows for about a year and they have already had to come out and fix 4 of them and replace another! Plus all our screens are falling apart!!!!
Sam

Murrysville, PA

#66 Oct 1, 2012
No dog in this fight wrote:
Wow! U folks are brutal. Who cares about the commercials or the sound of the girls voice but to bash her online is rediculous. Perhaps their sales tactics are somewhat "dated" but leave the personal attacks for the politicians.
Now regarding their company and product, simply ask for 2 things when comparing windows- a DP Rating and U- value. That is critical to determine the quality of the product you are choosing. The DP rating is the structural grade which tells the homeowner, builder , or architect how well a product can withstand wind loads, water pressure and air infiltration. Anything above a DP 50 is considered high end. The U value is the insulation performance number so anything below .30 is Energy Star rated. For ultra comfort atleast in areas like Pittsburgh or Cincinnati, one should really choose a U value of .22 or less.
Yes, im a window guy. Anyway stick to the facts and stop the bashing..........
Listen to what this guy just said, I'm also a window guy... He's 100% correct... I was going to do some installs for them , but after all this , forget about it... They wouldn't even give me there rates over the phone. Said it was performance based??? I know what that means... Windows also carry an R- value ... Anything above 9 your good.. Also ask about blown insulated frames and sashes, for there prices you should get it all... Krypton gas , triple glazed, heat shield etc.
Cherri

Arlington, VA

#67 Oct 3, 2012
Disappointed wrote:
May 2010 - We had windows installed and that was fine. The back office is not great with customer service or apparently record keeping. We had paid with a check at the time of installation. Within two weeks, we received a credit statement for a balance we did not owe. The office was to resolve the situtaion but did not do so in a timely manner and still after a week, we have not received any written statements from them stating the account has been paid in full. or reslved Very disappointed in this company and lack of customer service.
maybe provide them the copy of check or the proff of transferred money from a statement
Unhappy Floridian

Sebring, FL

#68 Dec 8, 2012
This company should be put out of business. They are down here in Florida spreading their lies here too. They sell a Simonton window you can get at Home depot for $500. starting at price for ALLGOOD $3200.00. They use very high pressure salesman that won't take no for an answer. Then if you are stupid enough to sign a contract you will wait for ever for a pore install. Ask them for the names and address of three happy customers. They don't have any, save your self the drama and call someone else.
Shame on him

West Mifflin, PA

#69 Dec 10, 2012
I would not buy the whole hearted family man commercials this man puts out on t.v.! I was in a competitor store shopping around and the manager of the store was helping me when this man came in and started yelling he wants to see the manager, I was a little put off but curious as to what I thought was a customer had to say . He started yeillimg "who took my signs down." The manager said I removed them off our property, he proceeded to tell Mr. Algood he is not permitted to put his Algood signs on ----- property! I could agree with that, makes sense ,this man went on a screaming binge and started telling the manager to "Go back to whatever country you came from . and get out of the United States you are nothing but an immigrant! Yes this man was not American but has been in the United States for a long while now, I found this out after the racist left, anyway he was very disrespectful and showed no class ! The manager asked him to leave as calmly as he could and Mr racist told him he was not leaving , they called the police and he eventually left! Imagine what he would be like to deal with as a upset customer ? No Thanks, every time a see him on his commercial I think about what a horrible man he is!
Jim

Sebring, FL

#70 Dec 10, 2012
Well it seems Allgood Home Improvements has done what many others have done in the state of Florida. They showed up and ripped off as many people as they could. After many months of over charging senior citizens and not paying their employees they have closed their doors and retreated back to their mansions in Ohio. While Ed Grant the owner enjoys the holiday season in his mansion in Ohio he leaves his Florida customers and employees high and dry. Thanks Ed.
ALL KNOWING

Steubenville, OH

#71 Jan 7, 2013
I know all about this company. I would deter people from using them as well as installing for them. I cannot give specifics on them, just trust a person who installed for them and knows (3) others who installed (yes past tense) for them.
Weiner

Greensburg, PA

#72 Jan 7, 2013
That chick needs to shut the hell up. Her voice is annoying and her face is. ew.
billybob

Columbus, OH

#73 Jan 24, 2013
William wrote:
OMG Listen people and this is serious. A friend of mine got ALLGOOD windows replaced in her home. SHe opted for the 100% financin. Windows installed and a year later she goe to get refinanced and foinds out the ALLGOOD put a ien on her house. None of the documents she signed had this language in it. She is a Professor at a College here and has a MBA in Business. I assre you she did not she the paperwork. BE CAREFUL. THey are using a sort of Ponzi scheme to finance you 100% and then take your home when you default. 22K worth of windows and thehouse is worth 500K. I would not use ALLGOOD nless you are paying cash. The sales person will come to you and give you this stry about "How he is not a sales person" And then proceed to try and scam you. I paid cash for my windows, but he started off with 16K I paid 5K for all windows. How did I get from 16K to 5K? Simple told him I was not interested and the price dropped 11K in less than 30 seconds. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Windows are great, Company has some intergity problem.
Do your vowel letters not work???????
billybob

Columbus, OH

#74 Jan 24, 2013
Shame on him wrote:
I would not buy the whole hearted family man commercials this man puts out on t.v.! I was in a competitor store shopping around and the manager of the store was helping me when this man came in and started yelling he wants to see the manager, I was a little put off but curious as to what I thought was a customer had to say . He started yeillimg "who took my signs down." The manager said I removed them off our property, he proceeded to tell Mr. Algood he is not permitted to put his Algood signs on ----- property! I could agree with that, makes sense ,this man went on a screaming binge and started telling the manager to "Go back to whatever country you came from . and get out of the United States you are nothing but an immigrant! Yes this man was not American but has been in the United States for a long while now, I found this out after the racist left, anyway he was very disrespectful and showed no class ! The manager asked him to leave as calmly as he could and Mr racist told him he was not leaving , they called the police and he eventually left! Imagine what he would be like to deal with as a upset customer ? No Thanks, every time a see him on his commercial I think about what a horrible man he is!
I now have a little bit of respect dor Mr. Allgood!
billybob

Greensburg, PA

#75 Jan 24, 2013
I would make a comment, putz, but your self selected screen name pretty much says it all!
Irene Freeman

Fairfield, OH

#76 Feb 16, 2013
I am thankful that this company is a one stop home improvement company that has quality products,they install them and provide great financing.Since 1998 they did my roof,gutters windows,doors and I am now having my kitchen remodeled and I am excited to get this done.I recommend this company to my friends and family.Thank you Allgood
Just Saying

New Kensington, PA

#77 Feb 16, 2013
Ah, an anonymous post feigning to identification... what an endorsement!
Katie

Monroeville, PA

#78 Mar 5, 2013
Had a sales guy come to our house I knew they were pricey but wanted to get an estimate. 8900 for 10 windows! He then told me if I bought right know he will give it to me only for today for 7500 but I needed to buy right now (red flag) bc if we commit today it will save the company gas money to come back to my house last time i checked it didnt cost 1400 to fill a gastank on the piece of crap car he was driving. he also told us to buy now bc winter season was ending and once the orders go up his boss likes to make money so prices will go up (red flag)I told him no and I needed to get other quotes. As he was leaving I asked him if he needed help to his car with all his equipment he told me you want to help me write me a check! Horrible sales person. I ripped up his estimate and will be telling everyone stay away....Complete waste of my time! Your phrase we'll save you a lot of money should be we'll bore the shit out of you for 2 hrs then act like a car salesman. I'm going with someone local who I trust. My advice to anyone looking into AllGood if you want to have a cheesy car salesman in your house who disrespects you choose them!
Sharon

Pittsburgh, PA

#79 Mar 25, 2013
Sam from Chippewa Pa wrote:
Thank God I checked out this site, and thanks to all of the dissatisfied customers who commented on their prices and window quality. I ALMOST called them! And I wish his daughter would choke on a banana or something! Her voice is enough alone to deter customers on their t.v. commercials!
I mute the tv when they come on tv. It seems as though they are on every 5min. The dad probably thinks she's cute. Yuk. She needs to have her hair/?dreadlocks redone.
Denny H

Leechburg, PA

#80 Apr 3, 2013
Was going to call Allgood about a roof thank you all for the reviews saved me alot of trouble i will go in a different direction
Matt Moose

Rockford, TN

#81 Apr 5, 2013
We replaced our windows a couple of years ago. They are really pretty windows. But just a few months after we had them installed one of them cracked. Well from what the salesman told us the windows were life time replacement.so I wasn't worried about it then. He even gave us a little old lady story. Saying that a woman just the other day had some people bust 3 windows out and they replaced them free of charge. Installation and all. WELL SOMEONE LIED!!!!!!!!!! THEY FORGOT TO MENTION THAT ITs 140 DOLLARS PER WINDOW. My wife called and they gave her the run around so I called. The guy told me that a bird more than likely hit it. My reply was that they should withstand tornadoes. Then he gave me a smart remark saying well glass doesn't break does it. Well apparently it dose all goods but don't lie and tell me no charge. Then he said well your contract says it in it. Well it may but don't believe anything they say. Read the fine print. Don't believe any old lady stories.
Susie

Pittsburgh, PA

#82 Apr 12, 2013
Very unprofessional Business! Set up to have a free estimate. Got a phone call 40 mins before the guy was due to came and they said he was going to be late not sure how late but late. We rearranged our work schedule to met with them. We had this appointment for 10 days. Very bad businss!! Going to Lowes to get my windows!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venetia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Ancestors (Feb '17) Sep 17 Future former emp... 17
Equifax hacking Sep 14 smiling for once 1
Bernie Sanders and medicare Sep 14 American Man 1
Lewis Olivadese Sep 11 Freak 1
WTAE Weekend News - Appreciation Thread (Dec '13) Sep 11 Jimmie C 271
News Pittsburgh Steps Up in Hopes of Winning Bid for... Sep 10 You Dirty Rat 2
News Should chickens be allowed to roost in Monongah... (May '16) Jan '17 Farmer John 4

Venetia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Venetia Mortgages