Review: Allgood Home Improvement

Posted in the Venetia Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bill Shram

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Feb 25, 2010
This co is amazing...Finally a company for the people!
Oh yeah

Norvelt, PA

#2 Feb 25, 2010
Thank you Mr. Shram, President of Allgood Home Improvement!
Eric Brockert

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Apr 3, 2010
Hi, my wife and I were trying to find the site to leave reviews and this is the only one we found. We are very impressed with the work that was done in our home. The windows were not the cheapest windows on the line but are worth every penny. When we first signed the contract we were weary because we had been scammed by other companies but we are completely satisfied and have been every step of the way. Also, the guarantee of saving up to 40% on our heating bill has definitely worked! Thanks!
Check Em Out

Norvelt, PA

#4 Apr 3, 2010
They check out on the BBB website as a BBB "Accredited" business, rated an A+, without complaints or government action against them.
Disappointed

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 May 26, 2010
May 2010 - We had windows installed and that was fine. The back office is not great with customer service or apparently record keeping. We had paid with a check at the time of installation. Within two weeks, we received a credit statement for a balance we did not owe. The office was to resolve the situtaion but did not do so in a timely manner and still after a week, we have not received any written statements from them stating the account has been paid in full. or reslved Very disappointed in this company and lack of customer service.
could of been a customer

Mckees Rocks, PA

#7 Aug 25, 2010
We needed to get new windows, and had allgood come for a estimate. Now keep in mind that these were the first people we called. This is our first home and we never replaced windows before. So we had some questions. The sales man answered our questions and than gave us the estimate, we were shocked, it was a a lot of money. When we said honestly we were going to get another estimate ( like everyone does with everything cars carpet ect) the sales man got very ignorant, "Well, I'm sorry you cant afford these windows, and when you buy the windows elsewhere you will be replacing them soon." He grabbed his demo bags and left, did not even day thank you for your time or anything. We never said no, we just wanted to compare. Now with his attitude we will not buy our 18 windows from them, even if we pay more else where at lease we know that we are going to be considered as a person-client and cared for and not just a bonus check.
Allgood - run far away

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Dec 23, 2010
Had these guys out.... would NOT recommend. If you are looking for a company to come out to your home, hit you with an hours long, suede shoe sales process and then a hard sell on a bad quality window, then these are the guys to call. As long as you are okay with being insulted by their sales rep if you don't buy from them then and there on the first visit. If any of you have seen that movie "Tin Men" with Danny DiVito, that is this company! With all the companies that I see advertising windows, I don't know why anyone would call these people.
An Observation

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Dec 24, 2010
Check Em Out wrote:
They check out on the BBB website as a BBB "Accredited" business, rated an A+, without complaints or government action against them.
I did, in fact; they've operated in PA less than a year, and they did in fact have a complaint filed against them, but it was resolved. Sounds like the problem may be an overly agressive business development manager operating on commission. Not the best of economic times for a start-up in a new market, but I'd say the jury's still out on these guys.
Yikes

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Dec 27, 2010
They may be called ALl Good but it ends there. They were so over priced and for very low end windows even with the free ones they advertise. And as far as them saving you a lot of money they don't.

I got four other est on wondows and even paying full price ( no free ones) ALL Good was still the highest.

This compnay will never make it if they keep there rude sales people.
Your Pants are on Fire

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Dec 28, 2010
Bill Shram wrote:
I recognize a phony post when I see one.
rbb

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Feb 23, 2011
What a joke! "we'll save you alot of money".....their prices are outrageous....don't fall for them.
happy

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Feb 23, 2011
Bill Shram wrote:
yay
frustrated

Dayton, OH

#14 Apr 6, 2011
We went with Allgood to do our windows. They offered the "Apples to Apples" promotion which said that if we find a comparable window within 6 months, they would refund us the difference plus $100. I found the same quality window for $6000 cheaper. Now I am being told that the windows don't meet their specs. Both triple pane, white vinyl, low-e glass with argon. They are also telling me that there isn't a window made that meets their specs. So why even offer the Apples to Apples?
And we didn't see any savings in our energy bill either.
They have done nothing but give us the run around since we have contacted them 3 weeks ago.
Hope this information helps some of you make a wise decision.
Joe Gotlieb

Bellefontaine, OH

#15 Apr 19, 2011
Your Pants are on Fire wrote:
<quoted text> I recognize a phony post when I see one.
Yeah that would be the owner, ED. BS artist to the max!
Joe Gotlieb

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 Apr 19, 2011
tho the company & pitchy sales tactics might rub you raw, the VinlyKraft window is actuly VERY good, PRICY, but good.
Rob

United States

#17 May 3, 2011
We needed to have a new roof installed on our home. We got 3 estimates and Allgood was the lowest estimate. They offered the same 30 year shingle and a 20 year warrantee, where the others offered 5 and 10 years. We went with Allgood because of the cost. The work was done in a little over a week and turned out nice. It was well worth the price. My only issue was that the crew did a good job cleaning up the yard, the gutters were not cleaned and the recent rain filled up two of my down spouts with nails and debris. I called Allgood and left a message but never got a return call. I got tired of waiting so I called a professional gutter cleaning guy to do it for $125.
Watch out for this one

Gibsonia, PA

#18 May 12, 2011
"We'll save you a lot of money", "Buy 5 windows get 5 for free". Watch out for this sales pitch. The BOGO (buy one get one) is based on signing the contract on the first visit and is also based on using the "list" price of the product which in my opinion is twice that actual price. Who pays list price? No one does. IF you don't sign on the first visit and do sign in the next 30 days the price goes up by about 30%. This is their company policy. How do you like a company policy the penalizes the customer by 30% for not signing on the first visit?
Sam from Chippewa Pa

Beaver Falls, PA

#19 May 15, 2011
Thank God I checked out this site, and thanks to all of the dissatisfied customers who commented on their prices and window quality. I ALMOST called them! And I wish his daughter would choke on a banana or something! Her voice is enough alone to deter customers on their t.v. commercials!
greg savko

Greensburg, PA

#20 May 18, 2011
A bait and switch company of the lowest kind in the mold of Gilese Plumbing. Their whole commercial is a lie. Very rude sales person who would not live up to their promises. STAY AWAY from this company.
greg savko

Greensburg, PA

#21 May 18, 2011
RUDE - LYING SALES REPS.(should stand for reptiles) STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venetia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do black people litter so much? (Sep '14) 16 hr Vic 12
News Shots fired outside Pittsburgh bar Fri Trust Jesus 2
News Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run (Jul '09) Fri Po Po 1995 7,552
KDKA Marty Griffin (Oct '09) Thu Trudy 75
Review: Black And Gold Towing, LLC Wed Black_Yellow 2
More Bike Lanes and Rotten Cops! Mar 25 Jay Jay 2
Master seeking submissive partner - female (Mar '13) Mar 24 Inflate These Balls 14
Venetia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Venetia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]