Pittsburgh for Trayvon takes fight to...

Pittsburgh for Trayvon takes fight to URA

There are 16 comments on the New Pittsburgh Courier Online story from Aug 14, 2013, titled Pittsburgh for Trayvon takes fight to URA. In it, New Pittsburgh Courier Online reports that:

Bekezela Mguni reads part of her organization's letter to the URA. Last week, the organization Pittsburgh for Trayvon moved forward with their efforts to improve conditions in the Black community with a visit to the city's Urban Redevelopment Authority board on Aug. 8. "We love Pittsburgh, and we are here to demand that the URA stop its campaign of ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Pittsburgh Courier Online.

samantha

Kansas City, KS

#1 Aug 15, 2013
I think people like that have more to say bout that because the usa has to listen to wht people have to say and they should listen because I feel like they don't listen most of the time
Pelaez Diaz

Longmeadow, MA

#2 Aug 15, 2013
Andrew OReilly wrote:
“Dayton, Ohio, is going to become another [illegal] immigrant-friendly ‘sanctuary city’ with its “Welcome Dayton Plan,” whereat [sic] cheap-labor and government lovers and others can pick and choose which federal laws they want ignored or enforced … excepting those regarding guns, race, sex, taxes and test scores, of course,” complains Leon Harrison of West Carrollton, Ohio in a letter to the Dayton City Paper.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/05...
Leon Harrison never graduated high school. What qualifies him to enter this discussion? All he does is brandish a pistol whenever he sees a black or hispanic person around his house.
Sammich Man

Gettysburg, PA

#3 Aug 16, 2013
samantha wrote:
I think people like that have more to say bout that because the usa has to listen to wht people have to say and they should listen because I feel like they don't listen most of the time
Yeah. Gullible people always do exactly what the media, their peers, and Da Gubmint wants them to do.
The Truth

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Aug 16, 2013
I wouldn't put my business in a crime infested ghetto either. Thats just common economic sense. Start with the people in the community. Stop the violence, shootings, crime and business will follow. This has nothing to do with the color of the communities skin it is their character which will only attract pay day loan shops, bars, etc. The majority of white people want these communities to succeed but you can't help people who wont help themselves. When you have to dump all resources into policing, housing people who cant house themselves, feeding people who cant feed themselves etc,etc,etc,etc,etc theres just not much left for things like creating a "black historical district". Your own people are blowing these resources and please don't expect communities who strive for a civilized neighborhood to buy you these things. You are making yourself look completely ignorant and am sorry to say it but you are not going to make progress ever using this tactic.
Old Fool trolls on

New Kensington, PA

#7 Aug 17, 2013
Come now, troll boy, there was absolutely no forensic evidence on the Martin boy that indicated he had been in a fight, and no witness to a fight save the man who most benefited by the assumption it occurred. What is known, and incontrovertibly, is that the boy Martin was followed by an armed, adult male, against the direction of the 911 operator, and that armed man shot him dead with a single discharge of his weapon. Maybe if Zimmerman had Skittles instead of a gun, Martin and he both might be alive today.
Da Old Fool trolls on

New Kensington, PA

#9 Aug 17, 2013
Come now, old fool! Literally hundreds of men condemned by juries have be found innocent after their convictions and released; juries are not infallible... that is why we have appellate courts, you put! That is our judicial system, you ignorant arse!

And the other case you would try to employ as as a smoke screen is completely irrelevant to the circumstances of the Martin case, and the questions it raises about the Florida "stand your ground" law, troll-boy. Good gawd, boy, but obviously you aren't too terribly bright yourself, so it's amazing you would think others to be of even less mental capacity but the illogical and irrelevant bullsh*t you so free fling about, much like a chimpanzee who throws his own feces about!
Da Old Fool trolls on

Verona, PA

#11 Aug 18, 2013
Bullsh*t, old man! The law dictates aspects of a judge's charge to the jury, compelling the judge to point out that one's actions can be the cause a conflict, but if you begin to lose, and you fear for your life, you can employ deadly force... there is no duty to retreat. But one must expect the usual conservative troll's efforts to deny the truth, or attempt to disguise it... but the law is the law, and it most certainly impacted the ajudication of the Martin killing case. Mr. Zimmerman's chosen defense did not impact this reality, old fool.

Oh, and please state the impact of Mr. Zimmerman's "legal Hispanic" status on his case, eh, troll-boy?
Da Old Foll trolls on

Verona, PA

#13 Aug 18, 2013
Ah, old man, YOU were the only one who brought Mr. Zimmerman's citizenship into question here... no one else. And, the justice system indeed followed protocol, and the case legally adjudicated; whether actual justice was done remains the question... and this simple reality is the reason we have appellate courts, old fool.

And the US Justice Dept. has a statutory responsibility to review the Martin case; it is odd that right wing-nuts profess to believe in, and honor, the rule of law... until it might produce a result with which THEY may not agree. But hypocrisy is an undenisble aspect of their need to preserve their unusual sense of ideological purity.
Da Old Fool trolls own

Verona, PA

#15 Aug 18, 2013
Ya' old fool, the circumstances of the crime must warrant a civil rights violation analysis... and the average bigot-like yourself, old man- just doesn't understand the meaning of a civil rights violation, for they refuse to understand the origins of the law, and what it was established to combat. Racial hatred blinds you.
Da Old Fool trolls on

Verona, PA

#17 Aug 19, 2013
But still not relevant to the topic of this thread; try to stay on point, old man! The deficiencies in your ideas are bad enough; the deficiencies in your mindset are absolutely repulsive to decent Americans and good Christians!
WOW

Melbourne, FL

#18 Aug 21, 2013
ya'll need to review the facts:
forensic evidence proved that Martin was on top of Zimmerman (gunshot residue on shirt vs skin showed that his shirt was away form his body when he was shoot. The only way that could have occurred was that Martin was leaning over/on top of Zimmerman when he was shoot.)

IMHO - Both are culpable, Martin for confronting the guy who was following him; Zimmerman for confronting the kid he was following. However, it is not against the law to confront someone in your neighborhood.

The media and the race baiters are to blame for the backlash that has and is happening following this tragic event.
Five OH

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Aug 22, 2013
Da Old Fool trolls on wrote:
But still not relevant to the topic of this thread; try to stay on point, old man! The deficiencies in your ideas are bad enough; the deficiencies in your mindset are absolutely repulsive to decent Americans and good Christians!
WOW got you on that one "Da Old Fool trolls on"...Forensic Evidence doesn't lie "Old FOOL"...you talk about how prior covictions have been overturned...well, yes that has happened, but how did that happen??..It happened from Forensic Evidence, DNA and a more scientific law enforcement community. We live in a new age that convicts from Foresenic Evidence, DNA, Fingerprints and video survaillence..am I right OLD FOOL ?...yes I am..If the evidence proved your point that Martin was killed by an armed adult, then it should not have been hard to prove..HUH Old Fool.....NOOOTTT!!!! Your human peers found the evidence to rule in favor of Zimmerman. Don't try to make up your own story like the tree hugging liberal media and the race baiters Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton did. The facts are the facts and you are mad because you were proven wrong by a group of your peers. Don't be a hater DA OLD FOOL, because that is just what you are...an OLD FOOL...GET WITH THE TIMES you azz hat.
simple truth

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Aug 24, 2013
WOW wrote:
ya'll need to review the facts:
forensic evidence proved that Martin was on top of Zimmerman (gunshot residue on shirt vs skin showed that his shirt was away form his body when he was shoot. The only way that could have occurred was that Martin was leaning over/on top of Zimmerman when he was shoot.)
IMHO - Both are culpable, Martin for confronting the guy who was following him; Zimmerman for confronting the kid he was following. However, it is not against the law to confront someone in your neighborhood.
The media and the race baiters are to blame for the backlash that has and is happening following this tragic event.
But only one of them was armed, and the other is dead... and that's the defining aspect of the question.
Da Old Fool has a bud

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Aug 24, 2013
Five OH wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW got you on that one "Da Old Fool trolls on"...Forensic Evidence doesn't lie "Old FOOL"...you talk about how prior covictions have been overturned...well, yes that has happened, but how did that happen??..It happened from Forensic Evidence, DNA and a more scientific law enforcement community. We live in a new age that convicts from Foresenic Evidence, DNA, Fingerprints and video survaillence..am I right OLD FOOL ?...yes I am..If the evidence proved your point that Martin was killed by an armed adult, then it should not have been hard to prove..HUH Old Fool.....NOOOTTT!!!! Your human peers found the evidence to rule in favor of Zimmerman. Don't try to make up your own story like the tree hugging liberal media and the race baiters Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton did. The facts are the facts and you are mad because you were proven wrong by a group of your peers. Don't be a hater DA OLD FOOL, because that is just what you are...an OLD FOOL...GET WITH THE TIMES you azz hat.
Wow, what a thoughtful, reasoned, respectful and rational response, "azz hat!"... NOT! You even ask and answer your own questions... another ignorant, bigoted piece o' white trash who self-indicts! Another sad lil' troll!
Da Old Fool has a bud

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Aug 24, 2013
Wow! Such a reasoned, respectful and rational argument "Five OH"... NOT! The evidence as presented in the Zimmerman trial was not as you would like to represent it, troll. You're just another ignorant and bigoted piece of white trash... nothing more, but, unfortunately, nothing less.
HUH

Melbourne, FL

#23 Aug 28, 2013
simple truth wrote:
<quoted text>
But only one of them was armed, and the other is dead... and that's the defining aspect of the question.
The defining aspect of what question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venetia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sblm 2 hr black labs matter 2
Drug raid 6 hr Emily 1
Mr Donald Trump 7 hr Steve R 1
News Floatplane drops in over West End (Sep '09) 19 hr cahs71 7
ALL Politics and ALL Politicians Mon What a Wonderful ... 1
News The Most Racist City In America: Pittsburgh? [R... (Sep '12) Mon Faber College Alum 128
News Braddock's mayor to attend presidential debate Mon plumber 2

Venetia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Venetia Mortgages