Review: Oregon Stove Works, LLC

Review: Oregon Stove Works, LLC

Posted in the Veneta Forum

Kay Goracke

Troutdale, OR

#1 May 8, 2012
by Kay Goracke
12/06/2011
We recently purchased a Quadra-Fire 5700 wood stove from Oregon Stove Works in Veneta. We are very happy with this stove. It is very efficient, keeps a fire burning all night-even at the lowest setting. It keeps our very old 2300 sq ft two story leaky creaky home very comfortable and warm.
The people were very easy to deal with--comfortable-honest-good experience and a good product. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a stove.
Mike

United States

#2 May 10, 2012
Mike
Posted on 02/08/12

Ken, the red waterford stove is chugging along and working great! It was a full week before I needed to clean the glass, and the dark areas on the glass appear to have been concentrated in only a couple of areas...I'm guessing that's where the gasket is leaking the worst, and once those get replaced, the smoke-on-the-window problem will be solved. I turned it off yesterday for the day, and when I re-started it, there was no smoke...yayyy! I'm grateful for your professionalism, and the quick and thorough service, and look forward to continued work with you. Please remember that I am willing to consider a new stove when I figure out what I am going to do through this transition time in my life. Thanks again... Michael H. 2009
Kathy

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 22, 2012
Finally, she's up to 250. Got her put together. Feedback for Sawtooth Pellet Smoker Barbeque:

LOVE that it came up to temp quickly, by about 12 mins at 250! WAY better than the GMG. Now at about 20" it's 350. We're doing our initial burn.
Salmon was a hit, around 220 for about 3 hours. Steaks (smoked not seared) were tasty, dry for my taste (I like medium). Smoked corn was OK, I need to work on that a little. I'm stoked!

Thanks again
Kathy
Ann

Columbia, MO

#4 Nov 21, 2012
I recently got my QuadraFire 5700 Step Top stove set up. It is a beautiful big stove, very heavy steel and holds heat well. It has three adjustable air vents so it can have both front and rear air to burn evenly. It burns so cleanly and no smoke when I open the door! It heats a 2 story house, I am just delighted with it, and it holds for about 7 hours when you put in a couple big logs, get them burning on high and then set it on low. I like that it will take a 24" log as that is the size they have around here, I wanted as big a firebox as possible as I am used to an outdoor wood burning furnace which is huge, but if the electric goes out it is useless as has two blowers and a pump . The Quadrafire works just perfectly without a blower. Love my new stove.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Veneta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Large lot, house, and $15,000 cash back / off p... May 25 Eugene property 2
New here May 23 Need help 1
News Adelson implores Republican Jewish leaders to s... May 18 Hostis Publicus 1
Lane county is crooked May 17 Remember 2
Mike Clark - Never forget May 17 Remember 1
Review: Crescent Auto Sales (Mar '09) May 16 Joseph stratton 3
Bernie Sanders For President May 15 Roudy The Second 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Veneta Mortgages