is our legal system too lenient towar...

is our legal system too lenient towards criminals

Posted in the Vaughn Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#1 Jan 1, 2009
And he needs to be castrated. If the laws were a little tougher in this country, we wouldnt have near as much crime.

When someone is sentenced to 10 years in prison, they should spend 10 years....not 6 months. What the heck is good behavior with a criminal? The 9 1/2 years that they have free, they would be behind bars and not be able to do it again. In that free time that they have....I am sure most of them commit other crimes.
How much crime do you think would not happen?

In other countries where they chop your hand off for stealing(not suggesting that), I bet they dont have near the theft.

As long as criminals get a slap on the wrist, they are going to keep selling drugs, molesting children, stealing......

Build the prisons, the money we save on court cost, damages, law enforcement.......would pay for them.

Make the prisoners work. Dont make it a vacation for them with cable tv, basketball courts and weight rooms(so the attackers can buff up for their next victim).

MAKE THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME!!!
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#2 Jan 1, 2009
Sorry...got a little upset reading about the guy that left his child in the car while he visited with a 13yr old girl. It got me thinking....and here we are.

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#3 Jan 1, 2009
To answer the question, in general: YES ! I think every state, and the fedearl government should have a 3-stikes-and-you're-out law like California does.
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#4 Jan 1, 2009
Why give them three chances? 3 chances to hurt a child, rape a woman, murder...second chances are enough to see if they are dirt bags or not!
Lisa Schmidt

Omaha, NE

#5 Jan 1, 2009
So hang the judges who, after the cops risk their lives to catch the criminals, at taxpayers expense, let these felons run free, to do whatever they please again.
Lisa Schmidt

Omaha, NE

#6 Jan 1, 2009
But, we are a "Christian" society.
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#8 Jan 2, 2009
Eye for an eye
Lisa Schmidt

Omaha, NE

#9 Jan 3, 2009
"GOD help us", you are SO right! Except for "second chances are enough to see if they are dirt bags or not". The premise that jail is capable of rehabilitating criminals is very outdated. Modern day scum bags are infested with drug induced, "know not what they do" mentality. And the courts (tax payers) have to defend them. I am tired of working 6 days a week to feed, house, clothe and medicate the addicts in my neighborhood. Not to mention put up with their racist attitudes.
is it me or is it them

Barnsley, UK

#10 Jan 3, 2009
Lisa Schmidt wrote:
"GOD help us", you are SO right! Except for "second chances are enough to see if they are dirt bags or not". The premise that jail is capable of rehabilitating criminals is very outdated. Modern day scum bags are infested with drug induced, "know not what they do" mentality. And the courts (tax payers) have to defend them. I am tired of working 6 days a week to feed, house, clothe and medicate the addicts in my neighborhood. Not to mention put up with their racist attitudes.
And your not racist?
Prisons are full of white people too, maybe im being presumptious and you are actually a muslim with a German name
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#11 Jan 3, 2009
is it me or is it them wrote:
<quoted text>
And your not racist?
Prisons are full of white people too, maybe im being presumptious and you are actually a muslim with a German name
I don't believe race was mentioned in the above comment. That is your own stereotype or guilty conscience.

Long Island, NY

#12 Jan 3, 2009
Actually, although black males make up only 5% of the U.S. population, they make up over 50% of the prison and jail population.
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#13 Jan 3, 2009
I knew it was something like that but I didnt know for sure so I didnt comment. Thank you.
Lisa Schmidt

Omaha, NE

#14 Jan 3, 2009
I think Daniel P from Long Island has his statistics a little bit wrong, but obviously America has a problem with repeat offenders. Who's fault is that? Who continually lets these people out of jail or prison? O.K., America has budget problems. Who's fault is that? While this country has billions of dollars with which to interfere with other countries' politics, we have no budget to help, or dispose of, our own problems. No wonder we were voted out of the U.N. Humanitarian Commission! And we refuse to join the International Criminal Court. "Sovereignty",(or superiority complex in this era of political correctness) is America's excuse. Again.
lalapalooza

Greenwood, IN

#15 Jan 3, 2009
But remember, the criminals have "rights". Everyone is so busy worrying that their rights are being violated, what about the victim(s) of these crimes? What about the VICTIMS?
Lisa Schmidt

Omaha, NE

#16 Jan 3, 2009
I didn't know victims had rights! You mean common, mind their own business type of people who pay taxes, and get shot, beaten, raped, mugged, that sort of thing, have rights? I thought rights were a thing reserved for rapists, muggers, robbers, child molesters, etc! WOW! Someone, please hold that judge responsible! I've been mislead, it's not my fault. I didn't do it. And the infamous "I'm too short to go to jail. Are they now held accountable for their crimes?
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#17 Jan 3, 2009
What gets me is that we cant do certain things to

prisoners because it is considered cruel and

unusual. We need to put their asses to work. They

need to provide for themselves. Why cant they

plant gardens, raise cattle, learn a trade, a

reason to respect themselves. Some of them never

had a decent role model. Give them something

useful to do and see where that leads them.

Besides, is it not cruel to rape a two year old

baby? beat and murder an elderly woman(probably

for $20)? Shoot and kill innocent victims in a

drive by over drugs or money? They should be

treated with the same respect that they gave

their victims.

Long Island, NY

#18 Jan 3, 2009
Lisa Schmidt wrote:
I think Daniel P from Long Island has his statistics a little bit wrong, but obviously America has a problem with repeat offenders. Who's fault is that? Who continually lets these people out of jail or prison? O.K., America has budget problems. Who's fault is that? While this country has billions of dollars with which to interfere with other countries' politics, we have no budget to help, or dispose of, our own problems. No wonder we were voted out of the U.N. Humanitarian Commission! And we refuse to join the International Criminal Court. "Sovereignty",(or superiority complex in this era of political correctness) is America's excuse. Again.
If you look in the latest almanac, or the DOJ statistics online, you will see that my statistics are correct. And these statistics have held pretty steady for decades.
Lisa Schmidt

Omaha, NE

#19 Jan 3, 2009
"Amen", God help us. Every time I hear of some criminal being arrested, and they cite his record, I have to wonder why he was out on the street anyway. It all goes back to the judges. Who point to the legislature. "Oh, my judicial hands are tied?" Common sense dictates what should happen. The police risk their lives to arrest someone who broke the law. They are doing their job. Well. The lawyers argue with the judge. The judge gives in. The criminal is back out on the street. The police risk their lives to arrest someone.....
Lisa Schmidt

Omaha, NE

#20 Jan 3, 2009
In S. Africa, you can be on welfare. But you have to don a bright yellow jump suit and put in 8 hours a day of community service. There is very little welfare there. Why can't we do the same? Here we spend more on welfare than we do education. And we spend WAY TOO MUCH on education.
GOD help us

Farmington, MO

#21 Jan 3, 2009
Lisa Schmidt wrote:
In S. Africa, you can be on welfare. But you have to don a bright yellow jump suit and put in 8 hours a day of community service. There is very little welfare there. Why can't we do the same? Here we spend more on welfare than we do education. And we spend WAY TOO MUCH on education.
That makes me want to start a couple more forums. The money that is for each child, in each school district, should be attached to the child. That way, the schools would straighten up or lose most of their students to other schools....

As far as the welfare, I never thought about yellow jumpsuits, but I did think that welfare recipients should have to do some kind of work for their money. Most people on social security should too. There are so many of them that are frauds.

I went to high school with a disabled boy. I now go to college where he works, full time. He has cerebral palsy and has trouble even feeding himself. I have to take my time and really listen to him to understand what he is saying, but I respect him, probably more than anyone else at the college. He didnt choose to sit at home and feel sorry for himself, he is making a life. We should all be more like him.

Ok, that was a little off subject...

BACK TO THE CRIMINALS THAT GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vaughn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Ted Cruz is Lucifer in the Flesh" May '16 Prophet of Doom 1
News Jason K. Jezewski (Sep '08) Apr '16 Ross 7
Review: Toushi Kan Judo & Karate (Jun '08) Mar '16 David 19
Debate: Gay Marriage - Great Falls, MT (Aug '10) Mar '16 SashaStarr 27
News Neighbor calls 911 on family watching 'The Walk... Feb '16 Christsharian Dee... 3
George Zimmerman Scandal (Sep '13) Sep '13 Holley Parcel 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Montana (D... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Guydude 66

Vaughn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vaughn Mortgages