BUSINESS NETWORK LONG DISTANCE-Beware...

BUSINESS NETWORK LONG DISTANCE-Beware of this company

Posted in the Vass Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
What a joke

New Bern, NC

#1 Nov 19, 2008
Beware these people are scam artist that try to take what you say and turn it around to their satisfaction then you will start getting these charges weeded into your phone bill.
Beware of this company. I'm getting ready to call the Better Business Bureau on them.
KBComa

Rockaway, NJ

#2 Mar 5, 2009
Yes - these people tried to tell me that they were hired by Verizon to correct a computer error on Verizons part. They told me my business had been changed from a business account to a residential account. I was told that I would incur over $800 per month in extra charges unless I overrided my account freeze and switched to their service. I hung up on them and called Verizon. My account was fine and secure - everything BNLD told me had been a lie.
JimM

Santa Rosa, CA

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Just got a call supposedly from AT&T that there was an error in my plan and it had been switched to a basic plan which was $16.99/line and needed to be switched back to the business network plan which was $6.99/line. She went over some data about the lines and our address. Then I was told I was going to be transfered to verification and I should only answer yes to the questions, the verifications person was going to be reading from a script and wouldn't have any information from my account or be able to answer any questions. The verifications person was saying that I was switching providers to Business Network Long Distance Inc., which didn't seem to be what was said before, any time I asked anything I was immediately switched to the first lady. Eventually I hung up, I'm sure this would have resulted in a higher telephone bill.
Dan

United States

#4 Jul 15, 2009
I just received a call just like JimM above described. I asked the person who called me who he worked for and who signed his check and he told me AT&T which was a complete lie. I called AT&T and asked them if they were affiliated with this company and they said no. He asked me to say yes to verification questions and told me that I had to say yes but they did not apply to me. Read him the posts from this page and he finally hung up. BEWARE!! TOTAL SCAMMERS!!
lj ny

United States

#5 Jul 20, 2009
Hi, I am glad you shared your story. I am in the process of correcting my verizon account for the same reasons. Total scammers. I am wanting to organize a FCC and better Business B. report against their practice. They should get hit with fines if enough people file with fcc. Take care,
LJ
What a joke wrote:
Beware these people are scam artist that try to take what you say and turn it around to their satisfaction then you will start getting these charges weeded into your phone bill.
Beware of this company. I'm getting ready to call the Better Business Bureau on them.
susan

Pinola, MS

#6 Jul 23, 2009
I got suckered by these same people today. I kept asking Nancy Badge#127, this is AT&T. She stated yes and it was in regards to a billing error. I became suspicious when the guy you answered yes to yelled at me. I was furious and told them so. Anyway, when I completed the call I called AT&T and they said I had been scammed. I actually was given a phone# to BNLD 1-800-421-9739 and spoke with a very kind person, Marianne who assured me she could contact quality control. I told her I will go the FTC, the attorney general, even our governor. What really got me, is reading this stuff went on in 2007. How are these people allowed to still practice this??? Any other small business sick of this? We all need to come together with the FTC and do something. Fed up in Mississippi.
Elisabeth

Elkridge, MD

#7 Jul 23, 2009
They must be on the prowl this week! I just received almost the exact same call as KBComa above. Luckily, I did a quick google search and found this post before committing to anything! Scam, scam, scam! I asked for a supervisor, and the guy sounded like he was eating lunch, and very abruptly said "HALLO?!" I was really suspicious already, but that was the nail in the coffin.
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jul 23, 2009
I just got the same call as JimM above. They said my business account was accidentally switched to residential and that they were the "Business Network Line Department". I thought there was something fishy when the original caller did could not provide my full AT&T account number and asked me what my other lines were when they should have had that information. I asked the verification guy the name of the company and he said "Business Network Long Distance". I immediately said that I wanted to cancel whatever change he was verifying. He complied and the original woman called me back saying that the verification was kicked back. I asked her again if she was with AT&T and she said yes and repeated her story about the lines being accidentally switched to residential. I told her that I would call AT&T directly to resolve the problem. What a SCAM!!
Lily

New Orleans, LA

#9 Aug 24, 2009
Googled the company name after I received a call myself and our business. After going thru the spiel she finally said she worked for BNLD not ATT like she told me. We didn't go thru with it and will be ignoring her calls.
Cindy

Kissimmee, FL

#10 Sep 8, 2009
I had been switched to BNLD through a phone call. They had told me that my lines were miss coded and occurring over charges onto my account. And she needed to give my telephone lines the proper coding by getting my information verified. Her name was Kristy Peterson. thank you BNLD! You ended up saving me tons on my phone bill! even tough i was tricked into switching, im still beyond satisfied with my service. its 3 times cheaper than AT&T.
Michael

Charlotte, NC

#11 Sep 10, 2009
I received a call from a woman who stated she was with At&T, my phone provider for 4 business lines. She stated that my service had accidently been swithed to "residental" service and I needed to reset the account to "commercial" by answering questions to a third party. I asked if this was going to change my bill and she said no, they just needed to do this to reset my account correctly. I was forwarded to a third party at which point I was asked to authorize the "Business Network Long Distance" I answered yes because I was told to. Afterwards, the woman told me they would fax me a confirmation (which I never received). each of my bills the next month had added charges for monthly long distance service (which by the way was still being charged by AT&T) What a crock! I had to call AT&T to re-re-sign up for their long distance which removed the Biz. Network LD.(Which is apparently also called Alliance). I am reporting to my local BBB and FBI office.
Michael

Charlotte, NC

#12 Sep 10, 2009
TO ALL: If you have been wronged by this company go to:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission against:

Business Network LD
1400 Sixteenth Street Suite 400
Denver, CO 80202
Brian

Forest Hill, MD

#13 Sep 23, 2009
Wow. I thought I was too skeptical to be scammed. These folks kept calling me about a Verizon billing error. After I went through the process, I called Verizon--and they said they said I had just changed my account, and there was little they can do. At least 3 lies: they were not from Verizon, my service was not kept at the same level, and my bill is much higher not lower. Still trying to fix it, so far about $100 in unwanted charges. I was so happy with my no stress, no surprises, auto-bill Verizon business account, and do not know if I will ever get back to where I was before this fiasco!
Mary

New York, NY

#14 Oct 14, 2009
I had gotten a call from BNLD late Sept regarding our business line saying there were people working on the phone lines over the weekend and they needed to remove some extra charges on our bills... etc etc.. basically she(Nancy)said she was calling from Verizon.

I just got off the phone with Verzon to switch our lines back to Verizon. Should've confirm with Verizon before assuming...
Travis

Dayton, OH

#15 Oct 15, 2009
I've had two calls from these guys claiming they were the Business Network Line Department with AT&T. It sounded fishy when they said this had to be done over the phone line under question and they would not give a call back number.
tre parker

United States

#16 Oct 27, 2009
i used to work 4 them hear in florida the mngr at the call center is a x crack head and currently facing charges for miss conduct hes a animal i quit after 1 week of working there watching them cange church elderly small an large buisness phone lines i dont understand how these people are even allowed to breathe let alone work given over half of the employees are ex cons or work release i just wish i knew how to blow the whistle on these guys and to everyone whome ive put to a dissaddvantage due to my greed and lack of commen sence i very deeply appologise an also please forgive my spelling kinda n a rush
LJ NY

New York, NY

#17 Oct 27, 2009
tre parker wrote:
i used to work 4 them hear in florida the mngr at the call center is a x crack head and currently facing charges for miss conduct hes a animal i quit after 1 week of working there watching them cange church elderly small an large buisness phone lines i dont understand how these people are even allowed to breathe let alone work given over half of the employees are ex cons or work release i just wish i knew how to blow the whistle on these guys and to everyone whome ive put to a dissaddvantage due to my greed and lack of commen sence i very deeply appologise an also please forgive my spelling kinda n a rush
HI TRE, glad to get your post. I am happy that you are speaking out. they got me too and the guy even knew i was broke, on disability and severely in pain because of the illness. he was "great" and was going to send me some food coupons to just be extra kind. I want to get them in the "conscience" where it counts,,, i have reported them to the FCC and the better business beauro...
if you can, the fact that you worked there and can tell them how you were coached and trained to "sell" people on this, it will help put a case together against them. they need as many complaints and facts as possible. I am truly sorry you had to go there for a living. hope you have found good work and something that makes you feel good. best of luck and care, LJ
tony

United States

#18 Nov 1, 2009
Im glad someone is finally puting a stop to this mess some guy call me name Jessie Williams. say he is calling from verizon and if i dont listen to him he was going to disconnect my phone for 4 day as soon as i hang the phone i call verizon and they told nothing wrong with my phone and my bill was on they just a big scam
David

United States

#19 Nov 10, 2009
Just got scammed (or "slammed - as AT&T put it) by BNLD as well. Same story....problem with residential/business yada-yada-yada. Called AT&T and had anti-slamming added to my service. No cost involved. The only way my long distance can be changed no is in writing. Next is to report these losers.
sbs

Springfield, MO

#20 Dec 4, 2009
I just received a call from someone claiming they were with AT&T. They said our account was switched from small business to corporate over the holiday and they needed to correct it to eliminate any charges. First thought- ATT would correct any mistakes on their own w/o bothering customers. I listened for a while was switched to a verification center. When I asked if it was in fact still AT&T I was reconnected to the rep automatically....... where it wasn't being recorded! I hung up and called AT&T. Nothing had changed with our account. How do these people get away with this? It makes me absolutely sick!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Holly Springs, Cary, and Apex Rank Amon... Mar 27 Privilege 1
When is the 5 mile yard sale? (May '08) Mar 26 john 83
What would you like to see built in southern pi... (Nov '08) Mar '18 Cyncity06 15
News Fir Real: Christmas Trees in Shorter Supply Thi... Dec '17 just asking 4
I want to make new friends (Nov '14) Dec '17 bye bye OHS 5
News NCDOT seeks input on improving U.S. 64 in Chath... Nov '17 Ella Janet Edwards 1
Retired (Oct '17) Oct '17 Smith72 1

Vass Jobs

Personal Finance

Vass Mortgages