Walton grant to furnish students with...

Walton grant to furnish students with laptops

There are 41 comments on the Benton County Daily Record story from May 14, 2008, titled Walton grant to furnish students with laptops. In it, Benton County Daily Record reports that:

“We want to help all that we can”

State Rep. Jerry Brown of Wynne stood in the Cross County School District's high school gymnasium Tuesday and suggested a new mascot for the rural school district of 700 students. via Benton County Daily Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Benton County Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
parkin resident

AOL

#1 May 15, 2008
my child attends cc intermediate 6th grade. She has enjoyed the laptop all year. It does impose some responsiblity on the kids and i think it's a good thing. They are macs and i now of no problems with them. They are charged at home every night and that relieves the school from some cost. I'm pleased to know that my child will continue to use the laptop as she enters high school!!
Arkie

Charlotte, NC

#2 Oct 7, 2008
Yes, I am happy to see CC getting PC's as other areas of country and states.
Wish we had them when I went to School there.

“Just Me!!!”

Since: Sep 08

Osceola

#3 Oct 7, 2008
I think the laptops at CC is GREAT!!! Wish all the schools in Arkansas could be as fortunate to have this opportuntiy! It is a tremendous experience for the students in Cross County- I look forward to hearing more good news about the schools in this area!
CONGRATULATIONS to CC and ALL the people who worked on this grant to make it all possible!!!!
Amazed

Chickamauga, GA

#5 Jan 24, 2009
Not only does CC have laptops for all 4-12 students, they now have a 6 million dollar elementary school. I've heard it is something else and so is their superintendent. Hats off to Dr. McClure for all of the wonderful things he is doing for CC school district.
OH yeah

Paragould, AR

#6 Feb 6, 2009
I thought that the People that built that big house bought the laptops ...
CCMOM

Little Rock, AR

#7 Feb 6, 2009
OH yeah wrote:
I thought that the People that built that big house bought the laptops ...
No that was a rumor. The school got them from a grant.
CCMOM

Little Rock, AR

#8 Feb 6, 2009
But there was some private donations also from several groups.

Forrest City, AR

#9 Feb 6, 2009
I heard the barbers donated like 30,000 for laptops last year.
true

Ida, LA

#10 Feb 6, 2009
is it true that the barbers house is for sale now?? or is this also a rumor??
Proud 2 be CV resident

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2009
true wrote:
is it true that the barbers house is for sale now?? or is this also a rumor??
it is a rumor that the house is for sale. I know because I have talked to them about this and they both say that they have no intention to sell. They had made a comment at one time when they were upset at how long it was taking to build it that for the right amount of money they would walk away and let someone else deal with Jimmy South but that was out of fustration.
Proud 2 be CV resident

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2009
CCMOM wrote:
<quoted text>
No that was a rumor. The school got them from a grant.
There were two other donations in the amounts of 10,000 and 40,000. These were from the Thunderbird Foundation and The Barber's. The article points this out also. I was there the day that the checks were presented to the school from all three contributors. The Walton Foundation donated 240,000.

Forrest City, AR

#13 Feb 8, 2009
Proud 2 be CV resident wrote:
<quoted text> it is a rumor that the house is for sale. I know because I have talked to them about this and they both say that they have no intention to sell. They had made a comment at one time when they were upset at how long it was taking to build it that for the right amount of money they would walk away and let someone else deal with Jimmy South but that was out of fustration.

Whos jimmy south
MSU_TIGERS

West Memphis, AR

#14 Feb 10, 2009
<quoted text> it is a rumor that the house is for sale. I know because I have talked to them about this and they both say that they have no intention to sell. They had made a comment at one time when they were upset at how long it was taking to build it that for the right amount of money they would walk away and let someone else deal with Jimmy South but that was out of fustration.
Jimmy South does excellent work! Maybe they just didnt know what they wanted to start with... Or maybe they were too busy giving JT all their money and then couldnt afford him... Who knows, The story chages from day to day according to him
Intheknow

United States

#15 Feb 10, 2009
MSU_TIGERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy South does excellent work! Maybe they just didn't know what they wanted to start with... Or maybe they were too busy giving JT all their money and then couldn't afford him... Who knows, The story charges from day to day according to him
I know what Jimmy South told them from the start. Also, know they changed there mind about things on a daily basis. Jimmy does excellent work and does not cut corners to get a house done. He builds it like he would want his built with taste and excellence.
Intheknow

United States

#16 Feb 10, 2009
Sorry meant to quote on the Proud 2 be CV resident post.
naynay

Wynne, AR

#17 Feb 10, 2009
It doesn't help Wynne students though huh?
Ithink

United States

#18 Feb 10, 2009
It can help Wynne students not sure about the requirements to apply for the grant.
beenthere

United States

#19 Feb 10, 2009
He is the slowest builder in the world! and he will pencil you to death!
foryourinfo

United States

#20 Feb 10, 2009
Intheknow wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what Jimmy South told them from the start. Also, know they changed there mind about things on a daily basis. Jimmy does excellent work and does not cut corners to get a house done. He builds it like he would want his built with taste and excellence.
Yeah right whatever you want to believe.William Loyd will build you a nice house in a timely manner. And stand behind it I wish he had built mine instead of Jimmy South.
Okay

United States

#21 Feb 10, 2009
beenthere wrote:
<quoted text>He is the slowest builder in the world! and he will pencil you to death!
So you have several houses you have had built? You know it amazes me people liked to bash when there house is finished. When you could have gotten another builder to do it for you and probably went through the same thing. Excellence takes time. You hurry you get a problem later on down the road....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanndale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netflix 6 min Binge Watcher 1
jj 9 min AMM 4
keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12) 12 min luci 22,452
Word Game (Oct '10) 18 min luci 4,132
Rodeo in Jonesboro 21 min Guest 1
Next to Pizza Hut 49 min Guest 15
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 50 min --Bad Dad-- 39,379

Vanndale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance