Unions Are Killing Off Twinkies, Hostess Brands

Posted in the Vandalia Forum

Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#1 Nov 15, 2012
"Union workers may permanently kill off the iconic Twinkie. Hostess Brands, Inc., the company that makes Twinkies, announced on Wednesday that it will ask a bankruptcy judge to allow it to shut down and sell off its assets as soon as November 20, if union workers do not end their strike by Thursday."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
Chris

Loveland, OH

#2 Nov 15, 2012
You post this weekly? You can't bump the old posts?

Spammer.
Fan of Leon The Man

Englewood, OH

#3 Nov 15, 2012
Hey, maybe nagging-nanny big-fanny Obama and Bloomturd fans and friends will get thin!
Social hoho

Columbus, OH

#4 Nov 15, 2012
What?! No more HO-HO'S or ding-dongs or fruit pies? unions are Un-American.
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#5 Nov 15, 2012
Chris wrote:
You post this weekly? You can't bump the old posts?
Spammer.
You have me confused with someone else apparently.
Chris

AOL

#6 Nov 16, 2012
18,000 to lose their job at Hostess, but I don't care I still get my Gov freebees!
Anti Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#7 Nov 16, 2012
Chris wrote:
18,000 to lose their job at Hostess, but I don't care I still get my Gov freebees!
Nah, you're Chief.

Nobody else on here uses AOL. Only retards like you.
Uaura Dilldough

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#8 Nov 16, 2012
Wingnuts b1tch about Obama saving the auto industry and then turn right around and b1tch about him not saving the snack cake industry.
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#9 Nov 16, 2012
Uaura Dilldough wrote:
Wingnuts b1tch about Obama saving the auto industry and then turn right around and b1tch about him not saving the snack cake industry.
Obama has not yet saved the auto industry. GM is not all that profitable and may very well need either another bailout or file bankruptcy. Hostess is the victim of both Moochelle's endless harping on food that tastes good, and the greed of the unions. Besides, whoever asked the government to step in to the Hosstess problem? NO one I know of.
The Activist

Dayton, OH

#10 Nov 16, 2012
Social Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has not yet saved the auto industry. GM is not all that profitable and may very well need either another bailout or file bankruptcy. Hostess is the victim of both Moochelle's endless harping on food that tastes good, and the greed of the unions. Besides, whoever asked the government to step in to the Hosstess problem? NO one I know of.
You still haven't addressed the issue of you switching IP numbers. Dayton and AOL are YOU!
poundsand

Miamisburg, OH

#11 Nov 16, 2012
Enjoy your Xmas union hacks.

More food stamp recipients for Obama’s government.
was hostess

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 16, 2012
switch to little debbie. hostess went out of business because their food taste bad and it cost too much.
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#13 Nov 16, 2012
Came across a deliious little tidbit about Hostess.
Seems one of th owners is none other than former House majority leader Dick Gephardt, D-Missouri.
Yes, a Democrat threatened the union with liquidation of the company unless they took a paycut.
Seems he already bailed the company out once.
The Activist

Dayton, OH

#14 Nov 16, 2012
poundsand wrote:
Enjoy your Xmas union hacks.
More food stamp recipients for Obama’s government.
You won't be able to use the name Poundsandpoundsandcounting anymore

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAA AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Dr Chris

AOL

#15 Nov 17, 2012
Unions have killed off companies in the US and sent countless numbers overseas.
And they work out of the WhiteHouse.
they are not

Rawson, OH

#16 Nov 18, 2012
d Smith, a Chicago Alderman, took a look at the salary for Walmart CEO Michael Duke. Duke earns $35 million dollars a year. By contrast, a Walmart employee starting out in a Chicago Walmart will earn $8.75 an hour, with a gross salary of $13,650.00 a year. According to ABC News, Alderman Smith decided to crunch these numbers. Calculating Michael Duke’s work week at 40 hours, Smith calculated the hourly wage of CEO Michael Duke. It came out to $16,826.92. In one hour, he earned more than one of his workers does in a year.
Read more at http://www.indyposted.com/30512/walmarts-ceo-...
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#17 Nov 19, 2012
they are not wrote:
d Smith, a Chicago Alderman, took a look at the salary for Walmart CEO Michael Duke. Duke earns $35 million dollars a year. By contrast, a Walmart employee starting out in a Chicago Walmart will earn $8.75 an hour, with a gross salary of $13,650.00 a year. According to ABC News, Alderman Smith decided to crunch these numbers. Calculating Michael Duke’s work week at 40 hours, Smith calculated the hourly wage of CEO Michael Duke. It came out to $16,826.92. In one hour, he earned more than one of his workers does in a year.
Read more at http://www.indyposted.com/30512/walmarts-ceo-...
The Ceo's salary is determined by the Board of Dierctors. Personally I don't care what CEO's make, I am not an envious person.
The Activist

Dayton, OH

#18 Nov 19, 2012
Social Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ceo's salary is determined by the Board of Dierctors. Personally I don't care what CEO's make, I am not an envious person.
So you are saying you are part of the problem then?

Re-tard!
The Activist

Dayton, OH

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Dr Chris wrote:
Unions have killed off companies in the US and sent countless numbers overseas.
And they work out of the WhiteHouse.
You haven't proved that Unions are run out of the WH. That's bullshitski!
The Activist

AOL

#20 Nov 20, 2012
Also, Hillary Clinton used to be on the board at Wal Mart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vandalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Local literary fame is a pain" 35 min Old Cold Warrior 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr Doug Wiedeman 31,406
"Let us save our fake feigned outrage" 20 hr Fan of Leon The Man 2
Regarding this income-gap crap: 21 hr Dark Dumbass Dimu... 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr WPWW 19,465
"Regarding anti-Keystone Gruber Goobers" Wed Leon Harrison 1
Regarding Gruber Goobers & Keystone moaners: Wed The Hack Checker 1
Vandalia Dating
Find my Match

Vandalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Vandalia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vandalia

Personal Finance