Has the High Sheriff Byrd resigned?

Posted in the Vancleave Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth Shall Prevail

Flowood, MS

#1 Aug 20, 2013
A significant number of rumors are circulating that Mike Byrd has resigned. Could it be true? Oh what a wonderful day that would be!
Best Day for our County

Ocean Springs, MS

#2 Aug 20, 2013
If Byrd was leaving office that would be a cause to close local government offices and schools, just like a holiday and celebrate.
Shame Shame

Ocean Springs, MS

#3 Aug 21, 2013
Surely not, it would have been in the news! Besides, with all the lawsuits circulating wasnt it Sheriff Byrd the one who said he welcomes the law suits.
Anderson

Gautier, MS

#4 Aug 21, 2013
I'm not going to get involved in local political infighting but I think its good he's leaving simply because this is his 3rd term & we need term limits. Whenever a politician stays in that long it gets to their head. This dude has a 50k or more a year pension lined up. If he can't live off of that then he needs to cut his living expenses.
Byrd watcher

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2013
Anderson wrote:
I'm not going to get involved in local political infighting but I think its good he's leaving simply because this is his 3rd term & we need term limits. Whenever a politician stays in that long it gets to their head. This dude has a 50k or more a year pension lined up. If he can't live off of that then he needs to cut his living expenses.
. 4th term!
Anderson

Gautier, MS

#6 Aug 23, 2013
Yep, he didn't resign. I guess he's gonna stay in til he has a stroke or heart attack?
government sucks

Vancleave, MS

#7 Aug 30, 2013
He needs to go ...been there way too long.
Anderson

Gautier, MS

#8 Aug 30, 2013
The indictment speaks for itself. I think the man needs to resign to maintain what little credibility he has left.

If the media reports I'm reading are true he had detectives harass & stalk the Moss Pt. police chief?

Is he insane? Is he so megalomaniacal that he thought he could use taxpayer employees to follow around the police chiefs of local cities?

At that point your probably delusional enough to go ahead with crap like that. If he evidence against such a high ranking public official he should have brought in the state MBI or the feds.

This guy sounds like, per the media reports, like he abused his job to the extreme. In the very least he needs to resign & leave the rest to the jury.
Anderson

Gautier, MS

#9 Aug 30, 2013
Oh I hate how they don't have an editing function here.

edit: "taxpayer funded employees" & "you're probably" & "he had evidence"
Randy

Moss Point, MS

#10 Aug 31, 2013
Now its time for John McKay, Its time to clean up Jackson County.......
Randy

Moss Point, MS

#11 Aug 31, 2013
Time for Mckay to go down.....
BUBBA

United States

#12 Dec 11, 2013
HOPE THE JUDGE GIVES HIM 20 YEARS HE SHOULD GET NO LESS.WHAT A DIRT BAG OF A SHERIFF
Gulf

Moss Point, MS

#13 Dec 11, 2013
His problem was that he was way too gung-ho about his job. He began targeting people who were at best guilty of only small things & @ worst weren't guilty of what he accused them of. His detective division ran an incompetent "jump to conclusions" house that very publicly targeted people in the media & then saw the cases fall apart.

Over all I think he's a good man but he let his ego get to him & started targeting people for the sake of targeting people.

He would accuse people based on allegations that weren't necessarily true or well researched -- and then went crazy when he ordered his detectives to follow the Chief of Police in Moss Point.

The guy's nuts.
Shame Shame

Ocean Springs, MS

#14 Dec 11, 2013
I cant believe the prosecution recommended 6 months house and 6 months probation. I beloeve it was the prosecutor that said aomething to the fact that it is a fair deal to all involved and goes to show that everyone is sibject to the law. What do you think ol boy would have got if he kicked sheriff byrd in the crotch. 1st, it would have been a beat down like you have never seen then a couple years in prison for assault on a law enforcement officer. No, goes to show everyone is not treated the same. Ask the guy that got kicked if it is a fair deal.
Bye Bye Byrdie

Ocean Springs, MS

#15 Dec 12, 2013
Go away today. Who do you think you are resigning 12/31? You are now a convicted felon. Get out of the people's office now. Your arrogance will not be forgotton by a jury when you stand trial for your civil charges. You might have beaten the criminal time that you should receive, but you will pay $$$$$$$$$$ to the ones that you have harmed.
Truth Shall Prevail

Flowood, MS

#16 Dec 12, 2013
Bye Bye Byrdie wrote:
Go away today. Who do you think you are resigning 12/31? You are now a convicted felon. Get out of the people's office now. Your arrogance will not be forgotton by a jury when you stand trial for your civil charges. You might have beaten the criminal time that you should receive, but you will pay $$$$$$$$$$ to the ones that you have harmed.
The problem is that the taxpayers of Jackson County will pay dearly for the felonious actions of ex-sheriff byrd!
Gulf

Pascagoula, MS

#17 Dec 12, 2013
Shame Shame wrote:
I cant believe the prosecution recommended 6 months house and 6 months probation. I beloeve it was the prosecutor that said aomething to the fact that it is a fair deal to all involved and goes to show that everyone is sibject to the law. What do you think ol boy would have got if he kicked sheriff byrd in the crotch. 1st, it would have been a beat down like you have never seen then a couple years in prison for assault on a law enforcement officer. No, goes to show everyone is not treated the same. Ask the guy that got kicked if it is a fair deal.
You're dead right. Had I kicked a cop i'd be in prison for half a decade after 15 of them attack me with nightsticks & accuse me of "slipping on a bar of soap" when I threaten to sue them.

This is a total farce. Not a day in prison. Hope the feds come in & clean house with these clowns the way they did the Walkers.
Tracy

Toronto, Canada

#18 Dec 12, 2013
Bubba

United States

#19 Dec 13, 2013
Abuse of the law that he voted in to protect the citizens of his county.And he only gets home detention Whats wrong with this picture.Hope the judge in Alabama throws the book at him and gives him 20 years the max for his cirme.That will set a example.Let the common man abuse a police officer hes going up the river for a long time. Felon Mike Byrd has tarnished law enforcement to a whole new level
DrWeed Puffer

Tampa, FL

#20 Dec 23, 2013
Something that should've happened a month after his scumbag ass was first elected in 2000!!!! This man is the biggest lowlife hypocrite piece of dog shit in Jackson Co. Tries to go to church and sing in the choir and act all holier than thou when in all actuality this man is an evil 33rd degree freemason How else do you think all of these shenanigans was allowed to happen over these past few months???.. the good ole Masons of Jackson Co. Judges, lawyers, cops, goes a long way when you're 33rd degree! He's living proof! If u don't believe me...GO OUT AND RACK UP 31 FELONIES AND SEE IF U GET 6 MONTHS HOUSE ARREST!!!! LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vancleave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jackson CO Justice Court Judge District 4 15 hr Godzilla 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ocean Springs, MS (Aug '10) 21 hr Fed up 74
Jackson County School District Superintendent 22 hr JCSD Employee 16
News Attorney Billy Guice gets on bad side of both S... Jun 30 Godzilla 1
News D'Iberville man arrested after stealing Jackson... Jun 27 DibervilleMom 1
Os walmart secret shoppers Jun 25 The truth 2
News BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) Mar '15 Jimmys Girl 38
More from around the web

Vancleave People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE