Walkers, Janus, two others indicted b...

Walkers, Janus, two others indicted by federal authorities

There are 7 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Nov 7, 2013, titled Walkers, Janus, two others indicted by federal authorities. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

Bill Walker, former executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, has been indicted on federal conspiracy and fraud charges, along with his son, Scott Walker, and former DMR employees Joe Ziegler and Tina Shumate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

Walker Watch

Ocean Springs, MS

#1 Nov 7, 2013
The faken gig is over. Million dollar homes-gone. Expensive cars-gone. Exotic vacations-gone. Snotty friends-gone. Retirement-gone. Trinity-gone.Money-gone. Hanging out with lawyers waiting on your sentence-the present and future.
Ocean springs watcher

Kuna, ID

#2 Nov 7, 2013
What about the mother and all the time she spent on the school board? Did anyone look into her time there? Seems the whole family is dirty.
Anderson

Sioux City, IA

#3 Nov 7, 2013
Yep, I mentioned a few months back the feds would get his ass. What's sad is that had he just used local, private, & state money, he would have gotten away with the graft as all the good old boys would closed ranks to stop the light from shining on their fingers in the public till.

But since these idiots used federal money -- that's 1 thing about the feds -- you can't take money from them without having oversight.

They always come back to bite you in the ass.
Walker Wonders

Eagle, ID

#4 Nov 7, 2013
Ocean springs watcher wrote:
What about the mother and all the time she spent on the school board? Did anyone look into her time there? Seems the whole family is dirty.
Momma Walker was removed by several aldermen that knew this was coming. Several school board members didn't like that she was removed. She may be next in line for an orange jumpsuit.
Walker Watch

Ocean Springs, MS

#5 Nov 8, 2013
I do not think for a second the indictments we saw yesterday are all that will be served. You still have the IMMS, the CIAP money, Oil spill clean-up contracts thru the DMR, the DEQ monies misspent and more. Once those indicted realize the prison time they face others will be fingered. The Walker Watch has just begun.
ike turner

Lewiston, ID

#6 Nov 8, 2013
I hope the FEDs clean up Jackson County next.
Walker Watch

Ocean Springs, MS

#7 Nov 9, 2013
Scott Walker could get the ball rolling on Jackson County starting with the jail project then on to the the new OS High School location selection and site work. Both projects need to be investigated. Both involve the Walkers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vancleave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gautier's "Old Lyons School" late 1930's Jun 14 MSGULFCOASTPASTAN... 1
Gulfport Airport Jun 1 Yep 2
Ocean Springs Lumber (Jan '07) Jun 1 HardWood 198
Martin Lake Resort??? (Mar '09) Apr '17 Alderaanman 73
News Louisiana reinstates former Moss Point Principa... (Mar '15) Apr '17 John 2
high roads head shop ocean springs ms (Dec '16) Apr '17 420 kid 5
News Road to Chevron complete and more development o... Mar '17 Better thinking 1

Vancleave Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vancleave Mortgages