Concerned

Lexington, KY

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Anybody know who all works at comprehend in Vanceburg?
Understand

AOL

#2 Apr 25, 2009
I want to know why they have a monopoly on court ordered counseling?
Only game in town

Olive Hill, KY

#3 Apr 25, 2009
Ok, what other mental health agencies are there? thus your answer
Understand

AOL

#4 Apr 25, 2009
Time to start one. Undercut their price by a few bucks and make a killing.

I would call it " UNDERSTAND."
sweetMaMa

Cleveland, GA

#5 Apr 30, 2009
My opinion on Comprehend Inc. is NOT GOOD!! Have you ever thought they could be part of our county drug PROBLEM!! People can go down to Comprehend act like they have mental problems and there you go they get a script for a narcotic, or a nerve pill and take them and trade them for something else.They can even get some free medicine. I know there are some People that need "meds", but alot of then pretend cause it is easy access to pills..They should actually do blood work to see if the meds prescribed are being taken or pilfered around in the community!!
Sorry

Lexington, KY

#6 May 2, 2009
Comprehend does well for a lot of people.!
Just wondering

Centreville, MD

#7 May 2, 2009
Hey Understand........do you even know what you are talking about?...."Undercut" thier price?....exactly how much do you think they charge?...if you don't have insurance or Medicaid all you have to do is show proof of what you make.......most people get seen for $10.
Setting it Straight

Maysville, KY

#8 May 4, 2009
Folks, first off let me set a few things straight, Comprehend DOES NOT prescribe narcotics.They also have a sliding scale fee to help the people in our community who cannot afford to pay for mental health services. The fact is the doctors who are with Comprehend do require that blood tests are taken to make sure the meds are taken as prescribed.
ax to grind

Russell, KY

#9 May 4, 2009
sounds like someone has taken their pickets online to me. Go home and be quiet.
buck wheat 42

Cleveland, GA

#10 Jun 16, 2009
comprehend makes money$$ hand over fist in fees, but there are places like pathways, the ridge, various private psychairist/psychologist, or possibly your a church goer than their is your preist or revernd?? i prefer to tell my naughty secrets to my best friend(my middle daughter)..
I go there

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Jun 16, 2009
I just want to say that Comprehend is not what some make it out to be. I've been going there for a number of years now. The therapists are wonderful and the psychiatrist tries to keep me on as few meds as possible. I only pay $20 a visit. They are wonderful there. When my son was in First Steps they even helped with that.
Goodness gracious

Lexington, KY

#12 Jun 22, 2009
Comprehend offers very good and reliable psychiatric care to those who need it and just going by what I see of these forums there's lots of bashers, unhappy, frustrated people who could use some of this care. Their prices are reasonable and their employees are all accredited and friendly.
to allo you bashers and name callers--get help--you need it desperately!!!!!!
ThirstyMind

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Jun 22, 2009
I went there once. It seems they are just offering a good service for a low cost. If you want to pay out of pocket for someone else, go right down to maysville or portsmouth and do so. See how far your paycheck goes if you don't have insurance
Concerned

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 22, 2009
I just asked who worked there.
buckwheat 42

Commerce, GA

#15 Jul 6, 2009
just came from there; my biggest trouble is Connie has NEVER done drugs of any kind. so i find it difficult to listen to her about them. they need addicts that have gotten themselves clean top give classes, and people will associate w/them better.
Greenerb

Idalou, TX

#16 Sep 19, 2009
I find connie to be the best one down there, so i guess its just a matter of a oppion or how ever you spell that.i can talk to connie really easy she's really easy to talk to. and she will help you with anything all you have to do is ask.
Buckwheat 42

Commerce, GA

#17 Sep 28, 2009
what's the deal w/the dr.herrs(pysh) he acts like his words is the word of God himself. an acquaintance of mine who will remain nameless went to get some assistance; she has No medical card & was receiveing a Nonnarcotic medication that helped her biopolar/manicdepressive mood swings well. but, w/out any warning he changed her to Lithium(whichs builds in your blood & can be lehtal if not tested for or watched). when he was told we had spoke to a pharmacist about the drastic change in meds he siad he couldn't argue w/ the pharmacist. whatever his deal is?? she was doing so well & now the poor girl is back to her w/drawn self & freaked to even attempt the new meds. they need doctors that know the patients profiles(if only limitedly) cause they are doing more harm than good by changing meds & doctors constantly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nick Buckler (Jan '10) 1 hr Nics family 34
Lewis County School Board - Lauren Charels 6 hr Dumb 3
Garrison men HA HA (Mar '15) Mon Truth 89
amber jahn/ernie wolf (Feb '11) Apr 28 been there done t... 50
Marty Lewis from Garrison Apr 26 Shame 2
what do u think of missy clark (Dec '13) Apr 25 Ex Con 16
food stamps ????? Apr 25 jip 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vanceburg Mortgages