Most ridiculous "story" from The Bible?

Most ridiculous "story" from The Bible?

Posted in the Vanceburg Forum

truth

Vanceburg, KY

#1 Jan 4, 2013
I have to go with Noah's Ark.

- There's 10,000,000 species on this planet but Noah only took 16,000.

- If they didn't know of any other lands, how did they get sloths (who originate from Central American) and penguins (South Pole) to the ark?

- If it flooded the highest hills (largest mountain is 29,000ft high), there's no way 40 days would amount to that.

- Who cleaned up all the poop and pee and where did they place it?

- Why didn't any species eat the other (lions together with gazelle??)

- Did they have cold areas for pandas and penguins and hot areas for camels and desert animals?

- How did salt water fish live in fresh waters and vice versa?
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Hi Christians,

I am Hindu and have some questions for you. Why does the Bible say Thou Shalt not kill? Why do you christians kill animals and eat their meat? Why do you christians kill muslims in the middle east? How does the bible justify this?

I know there are similar problems in other religions but I wanted to get a Christian prespective on this.

Thank You,

Raj at Earth
truth

Vanceburg, KY

#3 Jan 4, 2013
Exodus 21:7-11

New International Version (NIV)

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.
truth

Vanceburg, KY

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Exodus 35:2

New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.
truth

Vanceburg, KY

#5 Jan 4, 2013
Sounds like a VERY loving God to me.
hey

Olive Hill, KY

#6 Jan 4, 2013
God can do anything , he took care of it all adn made more animals later, God has all control and you will see that when you hit hell and you see what you should have done I will pray for you
Answers

Broken Arrow, OK

#7 Jan 4, 2013
"hey:" That is the most ridiculous retort ever. Please tell me why all species can be dated back millions of years then?
Answers

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Jan 5, 2013
God killed everyone on Earth because they were evil (don't mind that HE created them)? That makes no sense? Isn't killing everyone evil?

And then when he hit restart he said "I will not smite humans again because there will always be evil."

What?? Then what was the sense in that?

Noah's Ark was just talking about the huge flood of the Euphrates River aroun 2900BC. There were a lot of casualties and some guy had a boat full of gold and amenities.
Dear Truth

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Jan 7, 2013
I find it hilarious that you know so much about the Bible. Do you read it just to try and prove your idea's right and others wrong? If so, you'd be better off not reading it at all. What does it matter to you what everyone else thinks? Because you are Satan's pawn. It serves no purpose for you to try and find conflict with the Bible.
truth

Vanceburg, KY

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Actually, if anyone would like to be converted to Atheism, all you have to do is read the Bible from cover to cover. It's a pretty bland book with plot holes, one-dimensional characters and just over-the-top stories.
woah

Morehead, KY

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Hells fire man!...how many versions of a collection of stories do ppl need now.Any reasonable person should see that its all a bunch of bullshit.lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
felicia sartin (Nov '09) 2 hr Cool ass ice 11
who has the biggest "junk" in garrison? Aug 29 Junk examiner 2
Hot Chick in Bee Mart Aug 26 Answers 2
Jeff cooper (Feb '15) Aug 25 Amber 3
Bonnie Crawford Aug 25 I da pappy 6
Joni and Ben Pugh? Aug 25 I da pappy 2
who is April Moore's baby daddy? Aug 22 Wonder no more 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vanceburg Mortgages